Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375591 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1065 on: October 24, 2012, 12:45:55 pm »

Can you give any more details on this? Do you remember anything about any individual units or anything?
Well, it MAY also have the word Quantum in the name, although I'm not TOO certain about that. I remember a brownish colour palette for one of the factions IIRC, but it's been more than a few years :P

I was intrigued, so I partook in the ancient art of Google-Fu, and came up with THIS!

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 24, 2012, 07:54:11 pm »

I loved warsong/langrisser...I still remember the burning forest scenario
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

X-03

• Bay Watcher
  • Resistances must be silenced, the world purged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 24, 2012, 10:50:33 pm »

I was intrigued, so I partook in the ancient art of Google-Fu, and came up with THIS!
Thanks! :D
Are you LOST?

Tommy2U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 28, 2012, 04:31:07 pm »

Hello,

the game was a top-down shooter from around 2000, similar in graphics style to Cannon Fodder. You controlled one guy, there were campaign and survival  modes, you earned weapon unlocks such us railgun or flamethrower. Enemies included some bugs, boss bugs, bug-generating hives, probably humanoids too. Lots of blood and carnage.

Does anyone remember its name?
That's Install Planetary Overlord, not Initial Public Offering.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 28, 2012, 04:40:04 pm »

Sounds kinda' like Crimsonland, though I wouldn't call that one's graphics style similar to cannon fodder.

There is something a bit older of similar concept, but I can't recall the the name... give a mo' to do some searchin', assuming someone doesn't beat me to it. E: Alien Breed? That's a '91 one game, though... E2:Possibly this.

I guess the point being there's quite a few top-down shooters where you're fighting aliens and unlocking crap, maybe.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 04:46:53 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 28, 2012, 06:14:53 pm »

There was also Phobia. I only played its third installment, and there weren't any boss bugs, as far as I recall. Maybe one of the earlier ones though.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 31, 2012, 04:08:35 pm »

I'm looking for a browser-based word puzzle. It had a number of blank textboxes you had to fill in, connected by lines. These lines represented links between the words, there was "chicken" and "egg" iirc. There was a theme to each area of the puzzle, and you started with farm stuff, there were also poker stars somewhere in there. There were no other hints than the themes and the words you already found, I remember you could share answers with your friends and we managed to find about half of the words... So I guess it was kind of hard.
Thanks in advance.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 02, 2012, 12:19:13 pm »

Thanks! :D
Tell me, does that have a single player skirmish mode? It appears to have a single-player campaign, but I was wondering if there wasn't any replayability that didn't involve playing other people.

Sounds like shining force, honestly. Sega Genesis/Megadrive game. Maybe the fire emblem stuff, but that had permadeath. There's a few more I'm forgetting, hum, but there's not too many SRPGs among the SNES/Genesis/NES era.
Yeah, it does sound like Shining Force. The spinning axe move sounds like either Luke or Gort(their the same class), after they've promoted to their advanced class(Warrior->Gladiator, I think, all the classes were four-letter acronyms). The screenshots shown are not Shining Force(unless their SF2, which I've never played), but everything else described is.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 02, 2012, 12:45:47 pm »

Nah, the screenshots were from one of the langrisser games (Langrisser II; Der Langrisser, technically, the SNES port of the genesis game, I think.) lea was using as an example. SF2's mostly the same art style as SF1, just prettier, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 03, 2012, 10:58:47 am »

I'm looking for a browser-based word puzzle. It had a number of blank textboxes you had to fill in, connected by lines. These lines represented links between the words, there was "chicken" and "egg" iirc. There was a theme to each area of the puzzle, and you started with farm stuff, there were also poker stars somewhere in there. There were no other hints than the themes and the words you already found, I remember you could share answers with your friends and we managed to find about half of the words... So I guess it was kind of hard.
Thanks in advance.
Funny Farm

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 03, 2012, 01:50:50 pm »

Yay, thank you!
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 03, 2012, 06:11:06 pm »

A browser game, which I think has to do with Google. Free, flash based RTS, and you play directly as a mecha robot who can fly about and heal/move units. There's a bunch of different mechs including one with Google's garish variant on Chromium's logo, and they all have different stats.

I should be able to find it, but can't see it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 04, 2012, 04:32:43 pm »

There was this old turn based tactics game where you fought a war against aliens on a planet of sorts (maybe earth).

As far as i remember the game had 2 phases.

Base where you built new buildings (and defences like turrets and walls) and researched alien equipement/new units.

Battlefield where the action took place.
During battle you could order reinforcements that would consist of units picked by you entering the map through currently availble edges.

I remember playing the demo in the late 90's. 98-99 to be more exact.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 04, 2012, 04:38:57 pm »

If not for the reinforcement bit, it'd sound like X-COM... if no one has a better idea, try this list. Pretty solid chance it's on there, somewhere.
Ask not!
Ask!

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 04, 2012, 04:41:36 pm »

There was this old turn based tactics game where you fought a war against aliens on a planet of sorts (maybe earth).

As far as i remember the game had 2 phases.

Base where you built new buildings (and defences like turrets and walls) and researched alien equipement/new units.

Battlefield where the action took place.
During battle you could order reinforcements that would consist of units picked by you entering the map through currently availble edges.

I remember playing the demo in the late 90's. 98-99 to be more exact.
Fallen Heaven?
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 204