Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375649 times)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1020 on: September 23, 2012, 05:44:18 am »

Ok I had a dream about this game so it may not be real, but here goes...

Amiga 500 era polygon helicopter game.  Not a sim like Gunship 2000, but quite similar in look and gameplay to Virus IIRC.  The chopper was perhaps blue and I seem to recall 'wolf' being in the title, though I could just be thinking of Airwolf.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 23, 2012, 06:27:47 am »

A flash game I played on kongregate, You play as a small little semi solid sphere and you had to swim underwater to kill and bring up creatures made of lines. It had an oxygen meter and you could upgrade different stuff. And the further you went underwater, the biigger the creatures got.
Fisher-diver?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 23, 2012, 07:39:12 am »

Ok I had a dream about this game so it may not be real, but here goes...

Amiga 500 era polygon helicopter game.  Not a sim like Gunship 2000, but quite similar in look and gameplay to Virus IIRC.  The chopper was perhaps blue and I seem to recall 'wolf' being in the title, though I could just be thinking of Airwolf.
Zeewolf?

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 23, 2012, 08:06:57 am »

Yes, Zeewolf it is, thanks!   :D
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 03, 2012, 09:00:01 pm »

Ship combat game, where the ship you had was very customizable.  I believe the first game in it's series started with your ship, from earth, somehow teleporting to where the games take place in. I remember a ship called the Wirblewind, or the Whirlwind being a boss-ship you had to defeat twice in the series (First time without it's speed, the second time with.)  I also remember an unlockable ship-shape where the ship was in the shape of a H, with the bow being the top of it.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 03, 2012, 10:39:14 pm »

Ship combat game, where the ship you had was very customizable.  I believe the first game in it's series started with your ship, from earth, somehow teleporting to where the games take place in. I remember a ship called the Wirblewind, or the Whirlwind being a boss-ship you had to defeat twice in the series (First time without it's speed, the second time with.)  I also remember an unlockable ship-shape where the ship was in the shape of a H, with the bow being the top of it.

teported from earth?  series?  youre not talking about this are you?:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X:_Beyond_the_Frontier

If not, can you describe the style of game?  cockpit based, top down 2D, follow-cam, something else?

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 04, 2012, 06:55:11 am »

It had a follow-cam, and the ships would have mostly normal weapons. Also, it was a PlayStation 2 series.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 04, 2012, 02:32:06 pm »

It was this flash game, I think, I used to play on Newgrounds, I think.
You were a dragon, or something riding a dragon, and I think there were boss fights.
I remember the last boss like: you rode a horse, and had to lasso these bug things, which you then crashed into or shot at the last boss with.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Elijah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 04, 2012, 04:58:29 pm »

There was a game I tried to play while I had a really old computer with no sucess.

It's a first person videogame online with other players set in a sci fi environment, where you started on your home planet, fighting wildlife, and then you would create a little city on the planet, and then spaceships eventually colonizing other planets and meeting other players. I really can't remember the name, it's free to play and it has kinda of a terrible graphic, but the game is very nice. It is mostly in first person, but I think there was the possibility to use some kind of rts view.

Please let me find the game again :)

Thank you :)

(also if I'm not wrong I discovered the game first time on this forum xD )

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 04, 2012, 05:11:06 pm »

There was a game I tried to play while I had a really old computer with no sucess.

It's a first person videogame online with other players set in a sci fi environment, where you started on your home planet, fighting wildlife, and then you would create a little city on the planet, and then spaceships eventually colonizing other planets and meeting other players. I really can't remember the name, it's free to play and it has kinda of a terrible graphic, but the game is very nice. It is mostly in first person, but I think there was the possibility to use some kind of rts view.

Please let me find the game again :)

Thank you :)

(also if I'm not wrong I discovered the game first time on this forum xD )
Shores of Hazeron.
Finally, I answered a request :D
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Elijah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 04, 2012, 05:13:43 pm »

I love you!  :-* :-* :-* :-*

I can finally, with this computer, play the game :) :) :)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 04, 2012, 11:35:03 pm »

T'was Genesis game I played once, an asslong time ago... (or at least I'm 90% sure it was Genesis; I know for sure it was a Sega console)

If I recall correctly, it was a fast-paced isometric shoot-em-up, took place in a desert, the main character was a dude in a white jumpsuit with a blond pompadour and a gigantic manjaw, and it was hella fun.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

eeviac

• Bay Watcher
  • Seven
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 05, 2012, 10:37:19 pm »

This was a shareware game that came on those 3.5" disks that would come in the mail every month or so when you signed up for prodigy or aol or whatever. Top down perspective, you're this little dude running through a forest shooting fireballs at evil tree monsters and giants and stuff. You'd pick up potions/scrolls that would let you shoot a lot of fireballs at once. IIRC you'd win a level by killing every monster, and the game was turn based - as in the monsters only move when you do. I want to say the game's name was something like 'sylvan idyll', but googling that brings up precisely nothing.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 05, 2012, 11:08:39 pm »

A Commodore 64 game.
It was a single-screen platformer (like Jumpman or Donkey Kong). You controlled a guy on a safari, or maybe a guy who works at a zoo. Animals have escaped and it's your job to capture them again. You must avoid dangerous animals while luring them into traps so you can drop cages on them. The game also featured monkeys that would frolic around the screen and screw up your traps.

I'm also trying to think of a DOS game. The graphics were textured 3D, so it had to be made around 1994-1995. It was a pretty straightforward racing game, except for the huge loops, jumps and other things that couldn't possibly exist in real life.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 06, 2012, 11:17:56 am »

I'm also trying to think of a DOS game. The graphics were textured 3D, so it had to be made around 1994-1995. It was a pretty straightforward racing game, except for the huge loops, jumps and other things that couldn't possibly exist in real life.
Whiplash/Fatal Racing?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 204