Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375686 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1005 on: September 14, 2012, 11:30:16 pm »

I believe it was called "Cogmind".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 15, 2012, 12:13:25 am »

I believe it was called "Cogmind".
Yup, seems like Cogmind to me.

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 15, 2012, 07:33:17 pm »

On my 8th birthday...maybe 7th or 9th, I had this 'Kids 2000 Games Disc' or something, lots of games, ridiculously lots.

There was this demo of a platformer involving 2 rabbits with guns. Confirm if it's Jack Rabbit?

Now for the real hunt: There are two shmup's I remember there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 15, 2012, 08:05:41 pm »

Can't help with the spoiler stuff, but the platformer with the rabbits is Jazz Jackrabbit. There was (at least one) sequel.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 18, 2012, 04:11:59 pm »

I remember an old game, top down view, you build your own fire breathing dinosaur using build points tuning fire, fire spread, dimension, resistence, speed, vision radius etc.

then you made a fighting tactic for him, making move sequences around an enemy.

and then you build an army of fire breathing dinosaurus to fight against other players' armies.

the combat was automated, you could only set up your starting position and single dinosaur individual tactics.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 20, 2012, 10:11:24 am »

I remember an old game, top down view, you build your own fire breathing dinosaur using build points tuning fire, fire spread, dimension, resistence, speed, vision radius etc.

then you made a fighting tactic for him, making move sequences around an enemy.

and then you build an army of fire breathing dinosaurus to fight against other players' armies.

the combat was automated, you could only set up your starting position and single dinosaur individual tactics.

That... sounds awesome.

I discovered a game a while ago, it was something to do with machine learning and teaching AI to do stuff. I think it was strategy based, and you had to teach your robots how to defend, attack etc. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 21, 2012, 10:18:04 pm »

Tycoon game, you made some sort of wildlife park with flowers and I'm pretty sure animals, could invite people into gawk (I guess that was the point, but I think I always played the sandbox) Kudzu could wind up infesting your park, and you could have wildfires. T'was fun.

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 21, 2012, 10:47:26 pm »

That... sounds awesome.

I discovered a game a while ago, it was something to do with machine learning and teaching AI to do stuff. I think it was strategy based, and you had to teach your robots how to defend, attack etc. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I think it's called NERO. http://nerogame.org/ Yeah I think it's it.

No leads on my shmups from my childhood?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 21, 2012, 11:29:14 pm »

A flash game, where you ran a little school for heroes. You sent them on missions and things to boost their abilities before booting them off into the world as a whole. Vaguely anime. Any help?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 21, 2012, 11:38:57 pm »

Tycoon game, you made some sort of wildlife park with flowers and I'm pretty sure animals, could invite people into gawk (I guess that was the point, but I think I always played the sandbox) Kudzu could wind up infesting your park, and you could have wildfires. T'was fun.

That sounds a lot like SimPark to me. I never had it, but I played a demo that came with SimSafari which was extremely similar.

SimSafari was one of my favourite Sim-games as a kid, it's weird how little it gets talked about.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 22, 2012, 12:05:30 am »

That sounds a lot like SimPark to me. I never had it, but I played a demo that came with SimSafari which was extremely similar.

SimSafari was one of my favourite Sim-games as a kid, it's weird how little it gets talked about.

Yes! SimPark! If only I knew what the point of it was. But damn it was fun, like the Oregon trail game.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 22, 2012, 12:09:59 am »

A flash game, where you ran a little school for heroes. You sent them on missions and things to boost their abilities before booting them off into the world as a whole. Vaguely anime. Any help?
Valthirian Arc?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LibidoMax

• Bay Watcher
  • Noble in body and mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 22, 2012, 04:02:40 pm »

A flash game I played on kongregate, You play as a small little semi solid sphere and you had to swim underwater to kill and bring up creatures made of lines. It had an oxygen meter and you could upgrade different stuff. And the further you went underwater, the biigger the creatures got.
That which does not kill me...

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 22, 2012, 06:04:17 pm »

I think it's called NERO. http://nerogame.org/ Yeah I think it's it.

That's the one, cheers.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 23, 2012, 05:25:58 am »

A flash game I played on kongregate, You play as a small little semi solid sphere and you had to swim underwater to kill and bring up creatures made of lines. It had an oxygen meter and you could upgrade different stuff. And the further you went underwater, the biigger the creatures got.
FlOw?

I think that was the name. Or at least somewhat similair.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 204