Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375745 times)

Ord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All i rember is that the game was text based and started with a S
Basicly what you would do was youd start on a tutorial island and it teaches you how to mine smith and melt more woodcut and all that you could join factions and that too. there was also combat

Thats my game i forgot...

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile

Two games I can't remember...

The first was a game with a Russian developer (I'm pretty sure, anyway) with very similar mechanics to the old DOS game Conflict: MEPS. IIRC it was a browser game.

The second was a somewhat obscure text game. It featured a villainess who was described to be "unrealistically beautiful" among other things. You could even have sex with her (as you didn't know she was the baddy) though she'd kill you after.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not so much a 'game' as a utility for pen and paper or play by post roleplays. It was a simple program that ran like character creation would for plenty of regular games, letting you assign points to skills or choose from among given races and background. All of these choices however, were editable, as were the names and descriptions of all skills. So the game master would edit it to his heart's content and then provide would-be players the save file to run themselves.

And the program was free...

Cinnamon Rolls? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=38921
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One of my friends once had this Playstation 2 game where everyone is a tank. You could get customize yourself, such as adding jet wings on the side of your tank so you can fly/hover, and fight in battlefields during a campaign to defeat the opposing side. What I also remember was that in multiplayer you were fighting in a sort of arena. That's all I remember from the game.  :-\

Edit: Also, I know there was an 'overworld' you went to whenever you left a town, and that one of the characters was a blue tank.

Sounds like Seek & Destroy. It's actually in the Choro-Q franchise of racing games. They both have the cutesy talking vehicles in common.

Zammon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey guys, perhaps one of you might figure this one out for me.

It's a top down spaceship action arena (the maps were a limited size you could set when you started a match) type game in which you fly around converting planets, building them up with a ray-type weapon that increases its "rating", eventually turning them into planets that shoot small bombs and lasers at your enemies - other ships with the same objectives (players or CPU controlled). The goal was to make your enemies and their planets extinct, whether converting the planets or not.

The map was grid based, the lines of which were displayed on screen as you flew past as well as on the minimap. I don't remember how you get different weapons, but I definitely remember nuclear type bombs (slow-moving orange balls good for killing planets) that, after hitting a planet, explode in an increasing orange circle as well as shake your screen. There were definitely also lasers that were really thin and purple, if I remember correctly, and I'm pretty sure they didn't persist - I don't remember if any weapon shot outside your screen of view.

After re-reading this it kind of sounds generic, but that's all I can remember. I can picture it pretty well in my mind but it still looks somewhat generic. I don't remember what the ships nor the different races looked like. Also, in terms of era, it was maybe about late 90s, early 00s and for the PC?

Thanks for any help.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Sounds like battle realms or its sequel... or seven years war, a Warcraft clone. Actually, it's probably the latter -- battle realms was a bit different, though it did have the rice/corn thing.
Nope, neither of those things. It had interface at the bottom of the screen with grey stone texture amd large square buttons.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One of my friends once had this Playstation 2 game where everyone is a tank. You could get customize yourself, such as adding jet wings on the side of your tank so you can fly/hover, and fight in battlefields during a campaign to defeat the opposing side. What I also remember was that in multiplayer you were fighting in a sort of arena. That's all I remember from the game.  :-\

Edit: Also, I know there was an 'overworld' you went to whenever you left a town, and that one of the characters was a blue tank.

Sounds like Seek & Destroy. It's actually in the Choro-Q franchise of racing games. They both have the cutesy talking vehicles in common.
I'd say it definitely is. I have it. My dad gave it to me for Christmas one year before my mom started intercepting his gifts.

It's actually kinda fun, if you ignore the fact that the plot and dialogue looks like it was written by a 3-year-old.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

I'm searching for an old game that a friend of mine played 9~10 years ago when he was 12 on an old mac, before imacs were invented, where you built your castle, and if it got captured it would show a picture of a guillotine or an executioner or something. You could attack other people, and the map was divided in old european provinces, like saxony and argony and etc.
Castles II - Siege and Conquest? Still have the actual diskettes for that laying around somewhere, though it's doubtful they still work (and I don't have anything that could read them, anyway :P).

Sweet, thanks a lot, you made a loli happy with this.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Quote from: before
There was this educational game that my mum bought for us, which had several different games you could play in it, in one you had these little creatures distort or add to a picture to make it look the same as the one on the other side, and, upon successful completion, a green man would say things like "You're a digital Degas!" and things like that. another one that stands out in memory was one where you made trades with these animals from around the globe, like "Sheila, from Australia" (a koala) and a giraffe from Africa (whose name i can't recall).

Hope that's enough to go on.

EDIT:Oh, yeah and it came out in the 90's (as in you could play it on win/98)

Shoot, I've played this...  Can't remember the name of it offhand though.  If I remember correctly, it also had a section where you could design and "program" your own halftime show.  And the trading aficionado was some giant freakish octopus.

EDIT:  Thinkin' Things Collection 3

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, this game is driving me crazy. I'm not even sure it was ever released, but I did see a trailer for it once.

I'm fairly sure it was an indie project from somewhere in the 2002 - 2010 range.
It was an FPS and the premise of the game was the maps were all from different time periods, as were the guns. There was supposed to be tons of guns, and I believe they were to be realistically modeled and perhaps even customizable. I think the player skins could also be from all different eras. It may have been a mod, but I am not sure, I think it was its own game.

I really would like to play this game or at the least find out what happened to it. Thanks.
...And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, the above described game was not timeshift, was not timesplitters, and was not darkest days. I think it was or was planned to be multiplayer only.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Except for the customizable guns part, sounds a lot like Timesplitters. It wasn't an indie project, but it was from that timeframe and had maps, guns, and skins from different time periods.

Also, the above described game was not timeshift, was not timesplitters, and was not darkest days. I think it was or was planned to be multiplayer only.
Ninja-failed :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, it wasn't that. I had timesplitters 1 and 2. This was PC only Im fairly sure.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone remember a 2-D side scrolling RPG for the PC with some wicked charming graphics? Combat was pausable real time and could switch the marching order of your trio on the fly. It was awesome, yet EXTREMELY linear (you could only move left or right) I vaguely remember a cleric in a porceline mask and witty reparte between your Knight and Musketeer.
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone remember a 2-D side scrolling RPG for the PC with some wicked charming graphics? Combat was pausable real time and could switch the marching order of your trio on the fly. It was awesome, yet EXTREMELY linear (you could only move left or right) I vaguely remember a cleric in a porceline mask and witty reparte between your Knight and Musketeer.

I think you could be talking about The Spirit Engine
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 204