Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375771 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I recently remembered playing this somewhat old 3rd person vehicle game, it's from the 2002 era I think, fairly rough 3D graphics. It was SF, you piloted different vehicles, from walkers to tanks and buggies, there was a big emphasis on sneaking around sometimes (because you were in a buggy with a machinegun while the enemy had a whole base worth of tanks). There were two campaigins, each for the opposing sides.

I think it was called shadow/invisible ops/wars/operations but none of those combinations worked :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I recently remembered playing this somewhat old 3rd person vehicle game, it's from the 2002 era I think, fairly rough 3D graphics. It was SF, you piloted different vehicles, from walkers to tanks and buggies, there was a big emphasis on sneaking around sometimes (because you were in a buggy with a machinegun while the enemy had a whole base worth of tanks). There were two campaigins, each for the opposing sides.

I think it was called shadow/invisible ops/wars/operations but none of those combinations worked :S
I can't help you here, except to say that Shadow Ops: Invisible Wars sounds like an awesome name for a game.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you have a special weapon that would force mechs to eject their pilot so that you could then steal the mech?  Your game reminds me of this thing, but I cant remember the name of it either.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Freeware game where you are a Wizard, and can use various types of mana (white, green, red and black) to summon dudes and cast spells. A TBS. Made by a Russian, I think, with poor translation. :)

Sounds a bit like Master of Magic. But, since you say it's freeware, it can't be. Still, I'm thinking it's one of the knockoffs that were inspired by MoM... Leylines, maybe?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

MoM didn't have colours of mana. I think it's Spectromancer, though it's a card game (and made by a Russian).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:24:26 am by Dariush »

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Ah, you're right. It would help if there was clarification on whether Korbac meant colors of spells, elements like in MoM, or something else. Kind of my fault for dragging one back that's several months old, but I have no answers to any of the recent questions. :P

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not so much a 'game' as a utility for pen and paper or play by post roleplays. It was a simple program that ran like character creation would for plenty of regular games, letting you assign points to skills or choose from among given races and background. All of these choices however, were editable, as were the names and descriptions of all skills. So the game master would edit it to his heart's content and then provide would-be players the save file to run themselves.

And the program was free...
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Not so much a 'game' as a utility for pen and paper or play by post roleplays. It was a simple program that ran like character creation would for plenty of regular games, letting you assign points to skills or choose from among given races and background. All of these choices however, were editable, as were the names and descriptions of all skills. So the game master would edit it to his heart's content and then provide would-be players the save file to run themselves.

And the program was free...
Such a thing exists?!

/drool, spasmodic attack and collapse on ground.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile

One of my friends once had this Playstation 2 game where everyone is a tank. You could get customize yourself, such as adding jet wings on the side of your tank so you can fly/hover, and fight in battlefields during a campaign to defeat the opposing side. What I also remember was that in multiplayer you were fighting in a sort of arena. That's all I remember from the game.  :-\

Edit: Also, I know there was an 'overworld' you went to whenever you left a town, and that one of the characters was a blue tank.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 03:55:58 pm by jetex1911 »
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile

Hi im looking for info on a couple o games for my PSP emulator i played years ago.

The 1st one was a SNES game im sure and was a space combat shooter.  Im sure you played from 1st person and could select missions/locations from a map when docked at station.  You also got loads of medals with each battle and a few missions to choose from each time.

The 2nd game im looking for was on the PS1 i think.  It had loads of fmv and a load of different genres of play style.  I can remember having to defend a base with a cannon from enemy aircraft/space ships and also having to climb under a space craft to disarm a bomb/repair something wired under it.  Im sure there was on foot areas too tho im not sure if it just jumped to each scene or not.

Thx for look, Foil.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

I'm searching for an old game that a friend of mine played 9~10 years ago when he was 12 on an old mac, before imacs were invented, where you built your castle, and if it got captured it would show a picture of a guillotine or an executioner or something. You could attack other people, and the map was divided in old european provinces, like saxony and argony and etc.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 02:31:17 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The 1st one was a SNES game im sure and was a space combat shooter.  Im sure you played from 1st person and could select missions/locations from a map when docked at station.  You also got loads of medals with each battle and a few missions to choose from each time.

The 2nd game im looking for was on the PS1 i think.  It had loads of fmv and a load of different genres of play style.  I can remember having to defend a base with a cannon from enemy aircraft/space ships and also having to climb under a space craft to disarm a bomb/repair something wired under it.  Im sure there was on foot areas too tho im not sure if it just jumped to each scene or not.
The second one sounds like Cyberia.

The first one could be Wing Commander, but I haven't played it myself so I can't be sure.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I'm searching for an old game that a friend of mine played 9~10 years ago when he was 12 on an old mac, before imacs were invented, where you built your castle, and if it got captured it would show a picture of a guillotine or an executioner or something. You could attack other people, and the map was divided in old european provinces, like saxony and argony and etc.
Castles II - Siege and Conquest? Still have the actual diskettes for that laying around somewhere, though it's doubtful they still work (and I don't have anything that could read them, anyway :P).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Once again I come to this thread. There was an extremely old RTS (for PC) with a top-down view. It had two tribes, Phoenix and Dragon, with tons of unique units in each. There were workers, who could harvest corn and build stuff. Every building had an option to be deconstructed, refunding part of it's cost (and displaying a unique animation). Probably there were also spells. That's all I remember. :(

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Sounds like battle realms or its sequel... or seven years war, a Warcraft clone. Actually, it's probably the latter -- battle realms was a bit different, though it did have the rice/corn thing.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:12:40 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 204