Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375835 times)

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile

So there is this free game where you crash a spaceship into a planet and you have to build things to survive and eventually escape.
Thank you based dwarf.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

So there is this free game where you crash a spaceship into a planet and you have to build things to survive and eventually escape.
I've never heard of this, but now I want to play it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Notrium?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Sounds like Notrium to me.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile

That is the game I was looking for, thanks!
Thank you based dwarf.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

It looks pretty awesome. Can't wait to try.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Like a boss 8)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking for a online, browser based puzzle game. It was around a couple of years back. Can't remember much, except the fact that the entire game was hand drawn, beautifully at that, comparable to the drawings from pitofwar's fights(probably better than them!). Something to pin point it, it has a story.

At the beginning, it places you in a room with a girl(I believe) and you have multiple choices of interaction(you can also fuck up and die, if you choose the wrong thing to do/say). Depending on what choices you make, the advancement of the story differs.

Movement is via point-click, you never see your character. Opening new parts of the world is possible only by completing puzzles(not easy, at all). It also has combat between players, by means of using creatures. I forgot how you acquired them though. 

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

Three games this time, GBA and GBC games.

First one had you controlling this warrior person with a house. But you didn't start with a weapon and were pretty much completely useless until you found a sword. You collected plates and brought it back to your house to regain HP, and there were some items you could carry. A ring that let you push blocks, a cross that blocked monsters from passing through when on the ground and made you immune to attacks and unable to attack (Though you could get stuck forever if you were surrounded).

It was semi-turn based, monsters would still move even if you didn't move, and movement was limited to one square at a time, and monsters could move diagonally though you couldn't. It was also a roguelike, death sent you back to the title screen and there was no way to save. I always failed repeatedly due to being only 8 at the time.

Second was this game where you played as a bouncing blob, you had to collect all the items on stage to advance. Some blocks would be destroyed if hit repeatedly, and some blocks were curved so you can only bounce in one direction. If you got stuck, you had to press A+B to suicide.

If it helps, the above were on an X-games in one cartridge that included Flipull, Tasmanian Devil, Hyperlode Runner, Volley Fire,  Motorcross Maniacs, and some game where a penguin pushed an egg around; among others.

Last is a GBC game, you played as some guy with a really big hammer in a puzzle platformer thing. You had 3 hammers that you could choose from: The first hammer turned enemies into blocks and let you whack them to send them flying across the area until they hit an obstacle, the second just destroyed enemies and blocks, and the third annoyed enemies to make them follow you.

You used the hammers to traverse the levels, you could repeatedly hammer a ledge to climb it, hammer it into a wall to hold you there, or pogo on it to cross spikes. Oh, and it was set in a Japanese theme, with the bad guy being some greasy businessman with shades and a cigar who would attack you with giant robots at the end of each area. Assisted by a bald scientist with some weird symbol on his forehead.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 03:24:35 am by Blaze »

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: before
There was this educational game that my mum bought for us, which had several different games you could play in it, in one you had these little creatures distort or add to a picture to make it look the same as the one on the other side, and, upon successful completion, a green man would say things like "You're a digital Degas!" and things like that. another one that stands out in memory was one where you made trades with these animals from around the globe, like "Sheila, from Australia" (a koala) and a giraffe from Africa (whose name i can't recall).

Hope that's enough to go on.

EDIT:Oh, yeah and it came out in the 90's (as in you could play it on win/98)
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

@Hubris_incalculable: "in one you had these little creatures distort or add to a picture"

Going off this single part, I'm probably wrong but not Kid Pix Studio? I think that had little creatures that bounced over pictures, poking holes and warping them.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uhmmm... no. that's not it at all, sorry.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

The game I'm looking for is a web based MMO where you play as the head of a faction/house. It's a space 4X. RP is enforced. It was compared to Dune.

Ah, see, I thought of Emperor of the fading suns, but that's not really a web-based MMO now is it?

I'm fairly certain that's Imperium Nova. I think we had a thread on that a few months ago.

/three months late
That looks about right. Cheers.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 204