Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375859 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Probably maybe metioned before, but it was a group of rather similar games which were all real-time MMOGs, displayed in an isometric grid, sort of like Rollercoaster Tycoon. I remember one of them was oil based, the map was sandy (SHOCKING TWIST), and you built stuff like oil wells and refineries and helipads (I think) to complete a chain of production. There were also inter-player trades and a small and (as far as I saw it) underdeveloped military mechanic.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile

Derelict. I knew it started with a "D".

Heck yes, that's the one. Thank you so much for the help!
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember hearing about a game that sounded really interesting. It was a strategy game, almost definitely turn based, possibly hex-based, too. You played as some kind of demon in hell and the object was to out-evil your fellow demons or something to that effect. Anyone know this one?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile

I remember hearing about a game that sounded really interesting. It was a strategy game, almost definitely turn based, possibly hex-based, too. You played as some kind of demon in hell and the object was to out-evil your fellow demons or something to that effect. Anyone know this one?

Probably Solium Infernum, an indie game. It fits the bill perfectly.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's the one, thanks :D
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile

gilmouta

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McGuard has been shot in the knee.
    • View Profile

I'm going to give this a shot..

The game I'm looking for looks alot like Morrowind (graphic and gameplay wise). It's in first person.
I don't remember alot about it, but I remember you started underground and eventually made your way up to a house. In that house there was a dog, which I belive was probabbly your pet. You could kill it anyways.
The game had an open world.
The inventory was organized in slots, bigger items taking more slots, and there were bags to hold stuff.

I hope someone will know what I'm talking about, even if the only image in my brain of this game is of me killing an innocent dog. Thanks in advance!

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

I'm looking for an indie game, probably 9-11 years old. You tried to escape a randomly-generated dungeon one room at a time. Whenever you entered a room, there would either be a fight or random event of some sort. As you traveled through the dungeon you'd pick up equipment and "gems" which did magic stuff when you used them.  Purple gems increased stats, blue gems healed you, red gems were used for magic attacks, white gems could change into any other gem, black gems did something entirely random, etc. There was also food which you could use to bribe some monsters or eat to restore some health. The game was a roguelike, no saving/loading.

The enemies had some really nasty abilities too, aside from the standard afflictions, monsters of all sorts could drain stats, some could drain levels, some stole/destroyed gems, the big bad did all of the above and stole all of one type of gem and used it against you, destroyed most of your other gems, and was immune to magic attacks to boot.

Oh, and when you started up the game there was a flying green bat thing with the words "Haven".
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 01:17:28 am by Blaze »

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to give this a shot..

The game I'm looking for looks alot like Morrowind (graphic and gameplay wise). It's in first person.
I don't remember alot about it, but I remember you started underground and eventually made your way up to a house. In that house there was a dog, which I belive was probabbly your pet. You could kill it anyways.
The game had an open world.
The inventory was organized in slots, bigger items taking more slots, and there were bags to hold stuff.

I hope someone will know what I'm talking about, even if the only image in my brain of this game is of me killing an innocent dog. Thanks in advance!

Is it Arx Fatalis?
You start off in a jail with an amnesiac hero and have to fight goblins first.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

The game I'm looking for is a web based MMO where you play as the head of a faction/house. It's a space 4X. RP is enforced. It was compared to Dune.

Ah, see, I thought of Emperor of the fading suns, but that's not really a web-based MMO now is it?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The game I'm looking for is a web based MMO where you play as the head of a faction/house. It's a space 4X. RP is enforced. It was compared to Dune.

Ah, see, I thought of Emperor of the fading suns, but that's not really a web-based MMO now is it?

I'm fairly certain that's Imperium Nova. I think we had a thread on that a few months ago.

/three months late
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile

There is this old beta I used to play, I believe it used quake engine or something very similar. It's a multiplayer first person space combat game, you could choose from a list of ships at start and armament. The physics is Newtonian, and you can do some pretty amazing maneuvers by cutting trust and turning around. I think you also had to earn money for some of the ships/weapons and switch them during play when you died. The objective was to destroy the other team bases using bombers.

The peculiar thing about the game is that the bombs are not self propelled, you have to accelerate your ship toward the target and drop them, then you can turn back and let inertia do the rest. I remember it was pretty hard to aim, but very rewarding, especially hitting players with bombs was fun as hell.

For the life of me I cannot remember the name though :/

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

There is this old beta I used to play, I believe it used quake engine or something very similar. It's a multiplayer first person space combat game, you could choose from a list of ships at start and armament. The physics is Newtonian, and you can do some pretty amazing maneuvers by cutting trust and turning around. I think you also had to earn money for some of the ships/weapons and switch them during play when you died. The objective was to destroy the other team bases using bombers.

The peculiar thing about the game is that the bombs are not self propelled, you have to accelerate your ship toward the target and drop them, then you can turn back and let inertia do the rest. I remember it was pretty hard to aim, but very rewarding, especially hitting players with bombs was fun as hell.

For the life of me I cannot remember the name though :/
While I've never actually played it, it does sound a bit like the Infinity Combat Prototype:
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=54

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile

Nah, that project is interesting, but the game I'm talking about is about 7-8 years old.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Could it be Allegiance? That was free-to-play and physics-based, if I remember correctly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 204