Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375934 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

Nope, neither of those - thanks though! :)

It's a freeware game distributed entirely on the web. I think it was made about 3 - 4 years back? Thanks for your help though gents.  :)

MeisterJoe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I got another one for you guys:

It was a casual game I'd gotten from Reflexive Arcade for my girlfriend.
You were stuck on an island which was divided in 2 sections, you had quests to craft/harvest ressources, you could farm, make outfits, mine, cut down trees, and also tame monsters to fight battles for you. I think the ultimate goal was to repair your balloon to get off the island or somesuch.

Any ideas?

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I bought a plastic model of two Jedi Starfighters at a convenience store yesterday, and it has rekindled a question that has been bugging me for ages...

There was a game I played on the Amiga 500 in which you piloted a small spaceship that flew over the surface of a massive dreadnaught, shooting down defence ships and turrets on the surface.  The player ship looked like a Jedi Starfighter, the gameplay was very fluid with an awesome little flip animation, and every time I see Episode III I can't help but think that Lucas ripped off this game for the opening sequence.

Help me Bay12, you're my only hope.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

@hermes:
Could it be Zaxxon? Or was it something more modern? Do you remember anything else about it? Like what was the year you played it, and maybe the publisher's/developer's logo? Was it isometric, top-down, or sidescroller?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaxxon

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@hermes:
Could it be Zaxxon? Or was it something more modern? Do you remember anything else about it? Like what was the year you played it, and maybe the publisher's/developer's logo? Was it isometric, top-down, or sidescroller?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaxxon

Ah, not Zaxxon...  More modern definitely.  It was a top down side scroller, but you could fly both left and right.  The year... maybe 199...4? 5?  Almost certain it was a western developer, though I cannot recall who.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile

Uridium 2?

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uridium 2?

Oh, yes.  Sweet, thanks, so quick too!  I forgot how awesome that game's music was.

melvis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's a music sim game for ipad, I forgot to bookmark it because I didn't have a an ipad two months ago. This game is reminds me of Rock Manager/Rock Tycoon.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
*Hugs*

melvis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Garage Band?
  thx for the reply but it's a game not just a simulator, It reminded me of this game http://www.mobygames.com/game/rock-manager. I just digged around a little more and I found it :D http://band-boss.com/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:31:31 pm by melvis »

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile

A browser flash game where the usual zombie invasion happens. But you have like 39 citizens or the such, it's SP, and you gather resources from houses in a real-time manner till the zombies attack every once per day and you defend somehow only by yourself by clicking on the zombies.
And when you gather resources you see the little dots (Your people) running for the points. Like the houses. And this game felt like it was placed in a Tundra-ish place. I remember tehre being snow.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

A typing game on (I think) a 5 1/4" floppy disk.

Words slowly fall.  Single letters fall with a "whistling bomb" sound.  Sometimes, a long word gallops across the screen to the tune of the William Tell Overture.  (I think the title might have had Canon in D?)

I vaguely recall that words took chunks out of a big shield out of the bottom when they landed, kinda like Space Invaders except it was the whole screen wide and you didn't pilot a ship.

There were also non-game modes that did the standard measuring accuracy per different letter over multiple sessions thing.

I think it predated Mavis Beacon by a while, and was either monochrome or ega, console ASCII.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:38:14 pm by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones

I was just about to come to you guys with this one. I finally found it by typing "use sword on self" into Google, though, because that's what I remembered best about it. Shadowgate.

Such a weird game. It gave me nightmares as a kid. I think it must have been the music. Really dark and creepy.

Oh yeah, here's why I remembered the suicide thing.

(After watching that video: Holy crap, no wonder this thing gave me nightmares as a kid.)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:55:51 pm by Lord Dullard »

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Of course it's not safe! What are you, an ELF?!
    • View Profile

There's this downloadable game that had to do with ninjas, swords, climbing walls, clinging to ceilings, stealth, and lots of spikes. Anyone have any clue?

I think the name might have had something to do with 'ninja' <.<
Small elves in your beard. The STD of the Dwarven world.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

2d or 3d?  Era?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 204