Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375846 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #795 on: February 02, 2012, 04:24:28 pm »

Ok, there is this one game that was pretty fun that I played waaaaayy back, it was a mech combat game that had an egyptian theme to it. You had these beehive barrier shields that you had to punch holes in, and the thing I remember most are these ankhs that floated above points on the map that you could shoot, and if you did they would fall and explode( I once hit one with a guided missile to blow up a guy hiding in a passageway!). I know the thing had an egyptian god's name, but searching  that on the internet has so far proved useless...
S.C.A.R.A.B.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 02, 2012, 04:33:37 pm »

Lol, I'd just come back to this thread to edit my post that I had found it by looking up beehive barrier on TvTropes when you posted the name of the game. It is indeed S.C.A.R.A.B. I don't seem to be able to find any info on if it is still around though, it was a pretty fun game to play, and online mech battle games are a rare breed for some reason.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 02, 2012, 10:19:31 pm »

The game I'm looking for is a web based MMO where you play as the head of a faction/house. It's a space 4X. RP is enforced. It was compared to Dune.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 02, 2012, 10:26:06 pm »

Some kind of game where you had a General or something. Imagine Warband fused with Total war, but 2D, almost a colour scheme like on H;M&M 2.
Saw a let's player on youtube where he was a general with some troops and proceeded to take over towns or something. It seemed like it was only world map. Anyone?

Would that happen to be one of the games in the Dominion series?
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 07, 2012, 01:17:59 pm »

There was an old DOS game. I think you played either a king or wizard(or wizard-king), who ruled from a tower and had a pet dragon. Your enemies were supposedly the same, wizard-kings with dragons. You had to craft your own spells using a fairly decent selection of ingredients and tools. I believe the goal was to raise your dragon and kill the other wizards and their dragons.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 07, 2012, 01:27:25 pm »

I believe the game you're looking for, Akura, is "Dragon Lord", or something along those lines. XD

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 07, 2012, 01:35:43 pm »

The game I'm looking for is a web based MMO where you play as the head of a faction/house. It's a space 4X. RP is enforced. It was compared to Dune.

Wasn't that Shores of Hazeron per chance?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 07, 2012, 01:49:36 pm »

I believe the game you're looking for, Akura, is "Dragon Lord", or something along those lines. XD
Search on Abandonia(which I swear I got it from once) turns up nothing, search on Google gives a crapton of other stuff.

Wasn't that Shores of Hazeron per chance?
Hazeron isn't web-based. I think I know what he's looking for, but I can't remember the name, or much else about it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 07, 2012, 04:53:31 pm »

Ok, so I've been looking for this game for ages, and am not sure it actually even exists at this stage.

Anywho: It's an Ascii RPG, I call it an RPG because it's party based, and I'm pretty sure all combat is menu based as well. You start by creating a party, although you can go alone if you want IIRC, you start off in a town where you can do standard town stuff, and I think you move on a world map, you can choose to camp when on the world map, and have to set party members to stand watch in shifts to minimize risk of attacks.

That's about all I can remember and I've exhausted every other avenue of search.
*Hugs*

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 07, 2012, 05:54:47 pm »

Search on Abandonia(which I swear I got it from once) turns up nothing, search on Google gives a crapton of other stuff.

Oh really? :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MeisterJoe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 29, 2012, 04:34:46 pm »

I'm looking for a fantasy themed strategy game.
Here's what I can recall:
-You had a lot of preset races to pick from each with different perks/traits/stats.
-You could create your own and would use points to get positive/negative perks.
-You represented a God and could create a custom avatar of varying power.
-I think you picked attributes for your God like elements and such.
-There were different maps to play on.

Anyone remember this?

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #806 on: February 29, 2012, 07:08:57 pm »

ok i once found a game, it was a wilderness survival game like wurm or mason but it had single player and was actually playable, i think i found it through a wurm online updater client thing, i think it had dragon somewhere in its name. i cant find it anywhere! plz help :'(

Sounds like UnReal world? But there were no dragons. It was straight up survival.

http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw.html

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #807 on: February 29, 2012, 07:09:51 pm »

I'm not really thinking of a game, but this was either recently posted here or on RPS or PC Gamer... It's an all in one game management/ guild management / voice chat system that tries to combine everything into one. Think Steam but better optimized and no digital distribution.

Any idears?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

assasinwar9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok i once found a game, it was a wilderness survival game like wurm or mason but it had single player and was actually playable, i think i found it through a wurm online updater client thing, i think it had dragon somewhere in its name. i cant find it anywhere! plz help :'(

Sounds like UnReal world? But there were no dragons. It was straight up survival.

http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw.html

that's not 3d  like wurm or mason lol sry for not specifying that

btw MeisterJoe is this game your looking for master of magic
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:26:43 am by assasinwar9 »
immortal is never dieing so that sucks lol
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 204