Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375968 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #720 on: November 23, 2011, 03:58:40 pm »

Castlevania Legends maybe?

Nah, I played a lot of CV's (fanboy, guilty ;p) and that's totally not Legends. The rip-off was 16-bit and with a lot of colors there.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 04:00:30 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 23, 2011, 06:06:59 pm »

So, here it goes. I lost all hope trying to find the name of this game.

Game is about getting away from a motorbike gang or something like that. You use a motorbike and fire at the guys trying to get you with your gun. It's all 2D. You can increase your score by killing the motorbike guys and destroying pretty much everything. At a certain point you have to destroy a helicopter. There are ramps too. You can flip with your motorbike but if you can't do the timing you are dead. If you die 3 times it's over. Graphics are very similar to all other 2D motorbike/bike games out there.

At the start of the game you talk with a member of the gang you are escaping from. I don't rembember but I think they ask you to give them money or something.

That's all I rembember.

Oh and it wasn't a flash game and you had to download it.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 23, 2011, 07:12:28 pm »

So okay, this should be fairly easy but Google seems unable to cope with it?

It was a total castlevania rip-off, but a nicely drawn one. I remember a lot of fanservice in ways of skimpy-clothed main heroine and pretty much all the bosses being women with large boobs and long hair. I remember bra-less wyvern rider as the boss of first or second level.

She had a whip, went against Dracula and so on. It had snes-like graphics but I swear it wasn't snes at all. Something... similar.

Rusty.  It was for the PC-98 in Japan.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:14:04 pm by Bouchart »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 24, 2011, 09:58:22 am »

So okay, this should be fairly easy but Google seems unable to cope with it?

It was a total castlevania rip-off, but a nicely drawn one. I remember a lot of fanservice in ways of skimpy-clothed main heroine and pretty much all the bosses being women with large boobs and long hair. I remember bra-less wyvern rider as the boss of first or second level.

She had a whip, went against Dracula and so on. It had snes-like graphics but I swear it wasn't snes at all. Something... similar.

Rusty.  It was for the PC-98 in Japan.

Yeah! I've checked on internets and that's totally Rusty. Thanks :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

erick32112

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 24, 2011, 10:15:54 am »

Hi im new here, anyone know a ps1 game where you play as a monk, an orphan i think, then u work for ur food etc. i remember there is a mode where you battle mokujin-like characters in an arena where you can get thrown out of. thanks for any help :D

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 24, 2011, 10:17:23 am »

Legend of Legaia?

erick32112

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 24, 2011, 10:25:00 am »

no i know legend of legaia, thanks anyway :D
an addition, u battle tekken style but after battle, you can wander around the town.hope this could be any help.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 30, 2011, 01:02:26 pm »

I might have asked this already, but I don't remember and don't feel like searching through 50 pages(and since I don't remember, I can't use the search function).

Anyway, it was on the Dreamcast, an arcade-style zombie game. I remember quite a bit of it except the name. There were three playable characters, the leader of whom was named Stick Brightling. Aside from each character's handgun, there were different weapons, some of them pretty crazy/awesome like akimbo miniguns built inside a pair of guitar cases, and a single-shot rocket launcher, also fired from a guitar case.

The main villian hated the main character because Stick's father was a scientist who worked on the project that orignally created the zombies(which the villain is using) who killed the villain's parents to use in the project. The game's voice acting was horrible, though.

I know the name had two words, the first being "Zombie". I can't remember the other word, and it's pissing me off.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 30, 2011, 01:39:14 pm »

Zombie Revenge. Just googling "Stick Brightling" gives the wiki page for it as the first result. (although it's "Stick Breitling")
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 13, 2011, 01:23:07 am »

Oh man, this one has eluded me for a very long time, as it's very old (2002?) and I played it only a few times.

It's a game written in java, which had gameplay similar to the old Gold Box games like Pool of Radiance. You had a first person view where you lead your party around, but it had a top down combat system that was turn based. It took place on an alien planet in the future, and you could have characters who were human, alien, and a few other things that I cannot remember. I do remember that there was an insectoid race, and that you could give people chainsaws. Explosives were also important (or least I used them a lot). You could download the game, or save a cookie as your save file. I remember it had some picture of a moon on the save screen.

The site it was hosted also had a walkthrough for Pool of Radiance on the Commodore 64, as well as a page dedicated to ADOM, detailing his YAVPs of a Drakeling Paladin and a Grey Elf Wizard.

I'm sure that this site has vanished into oblivion, but perhaps someone who is more capable with Google than I am can find this game.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 13, 2011, 01:33:13 am »

Throwing out a wild shot here, this is a game I vaguely remember from my childhood, I don't remember too much from it other than that it was fun as all hell, aside from that it's just snippets.

System: Either NES or SNES, I am fairly certain it was NES but not 100%.
Type: Platformer

The shit I remember from it:
Sidescrolling platformer with an overworld map where you see your progress between levels. There were multiple paths at some points in the game so you could not go to all the levels in the same playthrough, for example I remember there being an ice level in the shape of a tower on the world map that I only got like 10% of the times I played the game.
You had several characters, I don't remember  if you could switch at will or just before starting each level. I think the characters were dragons or some such and they had different abilities and flaws.
The very first level if I remember correctly is a "boss" battle in a castle throne room.
One of the end levels, I think it is was the penultimate level was some kind of shadow lands deal with really annoying enemies.

Not much to go on I know but I have been looking for this game for years now and for some reason the part of my brain that actually has the name in it must have had it's clusters corrupted by malware at some point.
Little Samson, or as it was known in Japan, Lickle.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 13, 2011, 07:53:25 am »

Oh man, this one has eluded me for a very long time, as it's very old (2002?) and I played it only a few times.

It's a game written in java, which had gameplay similar to the old Gold Box games like Pool of Radiance. You had a first person view where you lead your party around, but it had a top down combat system that was turn based. It took place on an alien planet in the future, and you could have characters who were human, alien, and a few other things that I cannot remember. I do remember that there was an insectoid race, and that you could give people chainsaws. Explosives were also important (or least I used them a lot). You could download the game, or save a cookie as your save file. I remember it had some picture of a moon on the save screen.
O.k., so it's unlikely to be the one I'm thinking about, seeing how it's an Amiga-only release from almost two decades ago, but your description reminds me of it very much. I just thought you might want to try it for yourself. You can download the game together with a pre-configured emulator from one of the creators' page.

Edit: and somehow I forgot to say what game it is. It's Perihelion: The Prophecy
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:23:33 pm by Il Palazzo »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 13, 2011, 12:59:14 pm »

im trying to find an old game we had on our school computersAcorns.
you where in some kind of archaeologist diging up stuff in Egypt.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 17, 2011, 01:46:46 pm »

Throwing out a wild shot here, this is a game I vaguely remember from my childhood, I don't remember too much from it other than that it was fun as all hell, aside from that it's just snippets.

System: Either NES or SNES, I am fairly certain it was NES but not 100%.
Type: Platformer

The shit I remember from it:
Sidescrolling platformer with an overworld map where you see your progress between levels. There were multiple paths at some points in the game so you could not go to all the levels in the same playthrough, for example I remember there being an ice level in the shape of a tower on the world map that I only got like 10% of the times I played the game.
You had several characters, I don't remember  if you could switch at will or just before starting each level. I think the characters were dragons or some such and they had different abilities and flaws.
The very first level if I remember correctly is a "boss" battle in a castle throne room.
One of the end levels, I think it is was the penultimate level was some kind of shadow lands deal with really annoying enemies.

Not much to go on I know but I have been looking for this game for years now and for some reason the part of my brain that actually has the name in it must have had it's clusters corrupted by malware at some point.
Little Samson, or as it was known in Japan, Lickle.

Woah, that is actually it. Thank you so damn much, I've been trying to find the name of this game for so long I started to think I had imagined it ever existing :D

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 19, 2011, 08:44:48 am »

Quite some time ago (at least four years ago, but I think it's far older) I've played an (probably isometric) RTS in chinese setting. It had a unit called hammerman, the selected unit's portrait was displayed at the bottom and you could build pig farms and assign peasants to work them (along with fields, mines, though I'm not sure about this last part). It also had a large library building with a shitton of various upgrades. The cities were inclosed in walls and you could only build inside them, but you could chop wood outside, though peasants there could be attacked. Oh, and it was for the PC. I'd be eternally grateful if anyone could tell me the name of this game. ;)

Edit: actually, I'm an idiot. I was remembering the features just as I was writing them, googled for a while and stumbled onto it. The game is called Dragon Throne: The Battle of Red Cliffs, btw. Thanks for help. :D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:47:35 am by Dariush »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 204