Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375962 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #705 on: November 19, 2011, 12:12:24 pm »

Fools. No one knows what you're talking about unless you mention all those games belong to The Elder Scrolls (tm) series.
Yeah.

Hey, what about Redguard?

Okay, just kidding.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 19, 2011, 12:23:06 pm »

Ok he4res one that's been bugging me suince i was a kid, i've spet a few hours searching for it but still have no idea.
There was a game on the old apple II or III's in my school library which involved resource management and strategy, i think the plot was you were stuck in the wilderness and had to survive and possib ly get home, i think it had several levels, you had to collect berries or fish for food and could collect wood for building a raft to get home or something like that, it was very primitive with stick figures and was probably aimed at young children. I just don't remember what it was :/
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 19, 2011, 03:04:36 pm »

Ok he4res one that's been bugging me suince i was a kid, i've spet a few hours searching for it but still have no idea.
There was a game on the old apple II or III's in my school library which involved resource management and strategy, i think the plot was you were stuck in the wilderness and had to survive and possib ly get home, i think it had several levels, you had to collect berries or fish for food and could collect wood for building a raft to get home or something like that, it was very primitive with stick figures and was probably aimed at young children. I just don't remember what it was :/

Hmmm, Schiffbruch?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 20, 2011, 01:19:51 am »

Apple II, so it's from like the late 80's.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 20, 2011, 05:48:56 am »

Throwing out a wild shot here, this is a game I vaguely remember from my childhood, I don't remember too much from it other than that it was fun as all hell, aside from that it's just snippets.

System: Either NES or SNES, I am fairly certain it was NES but not 100%.
Type: Platformer

The shit I remember from it:
Sidescrolling platformer with an overworld map where you see your progress between levels. There were multiple paths at some points in the game so you could not go to all the levels in the same playthrough, for example I remember there being an ice level in the shape of a tower on the world map that I only got like 10% of the times I played the game.
You had several characters, I don't remember  if you could switch at will or just before starting each level. I think the characters were dragons or some such and they had different abilities and flaws.
The very first level if I remember correctly is a "boss" battle in a castle throne room.
One of the end levels, I think it is was the penultimate level was some kind of shadow lands deal with really annoying enemies.

Not much to go on I know but I have been looking for this game for years now and for some reason the part of my brain that actually has the name in it must have had it's clusters corrupted by malware at some point.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 20, 2011, 11:13:44 am »

ok, this one has been bugging me for ages. when I was a kid, we rented a bizzarre console that I have vague (possibly false) memories of. So, basically, what I remeber is the controller, which all I remeber about THAT is that it had a large rollerball instead of d-pad or joystick. I want to say it was snes era (bad memory). Also, the game I remeber we had was a berenstein bears game, where you had a bunch of minigames to complete, so you could go to the carnival or something. The one minigame I remeber was a toothbrushing game, where you controlled the toothbrush, and had to brush away the germs when they popped up.
Anyone else have a memory of this one? Obviously the console wasn't a huge success, since I couldn't even find on a list of consoles on wikipedia, but I might've just missed it.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 20, 2011, 01:17:49 pm »

ok, this one has been bugging me for ages. when I was a kid, we rented a bizzarre console that I have vague (possibly false) memories of. So, basically, what I remeber is the controller, which all I remeber about THAT is that it had a large rollerball instead of d-pad or joystick. I want to say it was snes era (bad memory). Also, the game I remeber we had was a berenstein bears game, where you had a bunch of minigames to complete, so you could go to the carnival or something. The one minigame I remeber was a toothbrushing game, where you controlled the toothbrush, and had to brush away the germs when they popped up.
Anyone else have a memory of this one? Obviously the console wasn't a huge success, since I couldn't even find on a list of consoles on wikipedia, but I might've just missed it.

This game on the CD-I, which was indeed a huge failure.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 20, 2011, 02:10:22 pm »

You sir, are my hero! Thats been bugging me for years!

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 20, 2011, 03:59:21 pm »

Ok theis game was either on GBC or GBA, and its sorta like pokemon, except the battles were this weird pinball thing, and you had like one pokemon thing that got upgraded a bunch. I know that's REALLY vague, but I remember so little about it.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 20, 2011, 06:00:31 pm »

No no it wasnt digimon or anything reconizable really.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 21, 2011, 03:08:29 am »

Ok theis game was either on GBC or GBA, and its sorta like pokemon, except the battles were this weird pinball thing, and you had like one pokemon thing that got upgraded a bunch. I know that's REALLY vague, but I remember so little about it.

Pokemon Pinball?
http://www.gamespot.com/pokemon-pinball/platform/gbc?tag=result;title;1

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #717 on: November 21, 2011, 09:57:58 am »

There was a game on the old apple II or III's in my school library which involved resource management and strategy, i think the plot was you were stuck in the wilderness and had to survive and possib ly get home, i think it had several levels, you had to collect berries or fish for food and could collect wood for building a raft to get home or something like that

Ahhh, I know this game. The name is on the tip of my tongue. I played it during my primary school years and, coincidentally, I also first encountered it on one of the computers in the library.

The game you speak of, do you recall an area that had something like a horizontal rope lift that led from a high place (possibly from a cave opening in a mountain) to another area that was several screens away? And that you couldn't use it until you found a specific object (I think it was a basket)?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 23, 2011, 02:47:03 pm »

So okay, this should be fairly easy but Google seems unable to cope with it?

It was a total castlevania rip-off, but a nicely drawn one. I remember a lot of fanservice in ways of skimpy-clothed main heroine and pretty much all the bosses being women with large boobs and long hair. I remember bra-less wyvern rider as the boss of first or second level.

She had a whip, went against Dracula and so on. It had snes-like graphics but I swear it wasn't snes at all. Something... similar.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 23, 2011, 03:49:59 pm »

Castlevania Legends maybe?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 204