Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375997 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #675 on: October 29, 2011, 09:44:32 pm »

This one came up in a conversation at work today, and it's been nagging me since.

You played a tank that fought other tanks in vector graphics amid a bunch of regular geometric shapes. You could get powerups, and every level introduced new types of enemy tanks- I specifically remember the annoying invisible tanks. You had a radar that would indicate shells in flight as well as the position of enemy tanks.

Sounds like one of the Spectre games, or Battlezone

Battlezone, that's it. Thanks!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 04, 2011, 08:23:48 pm »

I cannot remember the name of this game at all. You played as an agent of some sort investigating something, terrorists or a gang of some sort. I remember something about getting killed by a rigged explosive headset.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 10, 2011, 02:19:07 am »

I'm trying to find this game that I think was released in 2010, it's a first person melee fighting game, and pretty abstract. The storyline involves a giant bird thing stealing babies (or something like that). I believe the name had two words in it, but it's just gone from memory..

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 10, 2011, 03:04:58 am »

Zeno Clash, perhaps?

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 10, 2011, 03:22:49 am »

Yes!! Thank you.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 10, 2011, 09:10:24 am »

I have another game this time. It was some kind of weird obstacle course bullshit game.
Basically you were a spaceship and had to reach the end of the course. I believe there was some galaxy or planet waiting at the end.
I think the ship also had fuel(not sure) and you died whenever you touched a wall.

Heres a mockup

Your ship could jump to change platforms or avoid obstacles completely.
And if it is any help, the ship could also go OVER the tunnel instead of under.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 10, 2011, 09:35:33 am »

There was this dreamcast game, where the world was fragmented? Or whatever, the hub was flying, and you could raise pets. There was this certain trick where you could keep increasing stats of your party members, rolling them back to level 1 after they reached 99 (or was it 100). The pets were raised in a forest-type area, and there was one chunk of the map that appears to be modern, and was a dungeon too. The game had randomly generated maps, and was played in an isometric viewpoint. It was also a 3D JRPG, and it had VMU support. I'm itching to remember that game's name, since it was part of my childhood (my dreamcast died when I was young.).
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 10, 2011, 09:55:42 am »

Okay, this weird game was full of buzzing music, sparkles and some 'trash'y graphics.

You controlled a small thunder/electricity thing that was going straightforward on an electric-grid, destroying incoming enemies and gathering points. All this with buzzing sounds and music, but graphics were quite nice. I also think there was '2000' or '2k' in it's name.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 10, 2011, 10:05:55 am »

I have another game this time. It was some kind of weird obstacle course bullshit game.
Basically you were a spaceship and had to reach the end of the course. I believe there was some galaxy or planet waiting at the end.
I think the ship also had fuel(not sure) and you died whenever you touched a wall.

Heres a mockup

skyroads?

Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 10, 2011, 11:12:40 am »

Heres a mockup

Zaxxon?
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 10, 2011, 08:47:55 pm »

Heres a mockup

skyroads?

YES! YES!
Thanks a bunch

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #686 on: November 12, 2011, 12:22:45 am »

I've searched on and off for years for an old Commodore 64 game that I used to play as a kid. No success. It used either oblique or isometric projection for the perspective. You moved from screen to screen down a long highway or bridge fighting some kind of alien lifeforms. I think they were green. The number (and variety) of attacking aliens increased as you made your way through each screen. The objective was to push some kind of object from one end of the bridge to the other without losing all your lives.

Mockup :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh, and I just remembered that various objects were placed on the road itself, metal crates and possibly canisters and wrecked cars. I believe they were used as obstacles and for cover.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 04:50:57 am by mikefictiti0us »

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 12, 2011, 09:13:32 am »

If it's not Highway Encounter then it's at least very similar to it.

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #688 on: November 12, 2011, 03:08:08 pm »

Oh HELL yes. That's it! Except the C64 version was more colorful. Found some C64 screenshots of the game and those little tripod eye freaks are definitely the green creatures that I recall. Thanks!

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 16, 2011, 07:05:48 pm »

Alright! Here's one that's been bugging the -heck- out of me. It was a top down, -near- isometric looking game ((Sort of akin to Ultima Black Gate in that regard, but more cartoony graphics.)) You could aquire followers, whom actually followed you visably. Not any of this stacking nonsense to emerge when combat starts.

Combat itself was grid based AND turn-based and happened where you encountered enemies. There wasn't so much random battles as enemies spotting you. When a character's hp hit zero they fell to the ground ((occupying the square they were in)) and if not healed could die permenantly.

If I recall correctly alot of it took place in castle/dungeon settings, and had a bit of a dungeon crawl aspect to it. I've been looking for this PC game off and on for the better part of five years!

I saw this RPG -once- and didn't think to immediately write the title down, since I was like "This games the shit, course I'll remember this!" It also had a fairly robust magic and combat system.

HELP ME BAY 12 your my only hope!
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 204