Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376028 times)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #660 on: October 28, 2011, 04:26:55 pm »

Game like Diner Dash, but with cowboys instead of normal customers. It was set in the wild west, and your first customers were railroad constructors, I believe...
There was no console; it was PC.
The graphical style was cartoon-esque.
Year: I have no idea. :P My memory FAILS.
I think there was a wanted poster that came after a few levels, and a wanted cowboy would come in. If you caught him, you get points, otherwise you lose points because he robs you. Afterwards the poster changes. There was a free trial that let you go a few levels, and before closing it had a huge screen-wide banner that spoke of how many levels and stuff, mentioning a piano, I think vampires, the plot, and new saloons you could run.

Instead of cleaning up after the tables like in Diner Dash, the customers just chuck the stuff behind them and it shatters. (the stuff was glass bottles)

The plot was like this: your house burns down -> you make money using saloon -> find parents / something, I don't remember. But that's all I know, because I had played the trial.

This abomination.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #661 on: October 28, 2011, 08:26:48 pm »

Game like Diner Dash, but with cowboys instead of normal customers. It was set in the wild west, and your first customers were railroad constructors, I believe...
There was no console; it was PC.
The graphical style was cartoon-esque.
Year: I have no idea. :P My memory FAILS.
I think there was a wanted poster that came after a few levels, and a wanted cowboy would come in. If you caught him, you get points, otherwise you lose points because he robs you. Afterwards the poster changes. There was a free trial that let you go a few levels, and before closing it had a huge screen-wide banner that spoke of how many levels and stuff, mentioning a piano, I think vampires, the plot, and new saloons you could run.

Instead of cleaning up after the tables like in Diner Dash, the customers just chuck the stuff behind them and it shatters. (the stuff was glass bottles)

The plot was like this: your house burns down -> you make money using saloon -> find parents / something, I don't remember. But that's all I know, because I had played the trial.

This abomination.
Ah yes, I was looking for that abomination. Mainly because it was nagging the back of my brain even though it wasn't very good.

EDIT:
Didn't BBC have a game about monkeys or something? And one about badgers?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:52:24 pm by Kaleb702 Games »
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #662 on: October 29, 2011, 05:21:13 am »

So I've had a game naggin at the back of my head for ages and I just saw this thread.

1. It had disney charecters, you played as mickey, as always.
2. It was largely puzzle based, although there was a "hub world" where you could access all the different puzzles.
3. The hub world looked like a castle, I think?
4. One of the games, the one involving Donald Duck has a big chess board from a top down perspective, I think you had to push an object into a crystal ball?
5. The end goal of the game is to complete all of the puzzles, and get all the hints by completing them, then completing a big overarching game of I think it was mastermind. Difficulty effected how accurate the hints were I think? Maybe also the number you got per game.

Does anyone have any idea of this? I loved it when I was a kid despite hating puzzle games.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 29, 2011, 09:22:09 am »

The only thing I managed to come up with is Mickey's Ultimate Challenge, for several classic console and handheld systems (SNES, Genesis, GB, GG, SMS).
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 29, 2011, 11:31:20 am »

I'm trying to remember the game. I played a demo of it years ago, I think on the Ps1.

If I remember rightly, you were a  fox with a sword. I think there was a shopkeeper or bartender who was...an octupus?
Everybody!

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 29, 2011, 12:09:15 pm »

It is a freeware game where you play as a gundom-like mech, and you have an army of others and ships with you and you go against the enemy gundums and ships. Was 2D no mouse and you could give orders to your other mechs. Between battles you could buy upgrades for you or your army, buy more units and ships and such.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 29, 2011, 12:25:23 pm »

It is a freeware game where you play as a gundom-like mech, and you have an army of others and ships with you and you go against the enemy gundums and ships. Was 2D no mouse and you could give orders to your other mechs. Between battles you could buy upgrades for you or your army, buy more units and ships and such.

Gearhead maybe?

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 29, 2011, 12:51:05 pm »

No it was in real time on a 2D plane with everything having two sprites, 1 to look left and one to look right xD Your mech had a super attack power unique to of the of few mech you could choose. Also the different mechs you could choose had different pilots.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 29, 2011, 01:10:03 pm »

Liberation Army.

edit: first posted from cellphone, now with link:

http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/abandonware/pc/strategy_games/games_j_l/liberation_army.html

And video here, if anyone else is interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2EQUUCsZIc

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 02:08:36 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 29, 2011, 04:29:04 pm »

Liberation Army.

edit: first posted from cellphone, now with link:

http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/abandonware/pc/strategy_games/games_j_l/liberation_army.html

And video here, if anyone else is interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2EQUUCsZIc

Thanks man, I forgot to back it up off my old comp.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #670 on: October 29, 2011, 04:55:42 pm »

The only thing I managed to come up with is Mickey's Ultimate Challenge, for several classic console and handheld systems (SNES, Genesis, GB, GG, SMS).

YEAH, that was it. Recognized the box art immediately. Thanks!

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 29, 2011, 06:48:57 pm »

I'm thinking maybe Rise of Nations?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 29, 2011, 07:21:03 pm »

It was a strategy game for the computer. there were resources that you needed to mine by building a mine near enough to a city, which would then be sent to a factory, that had to be near a city, which then went to a trade post and were traded with other nations for money, which you then used for making more mines, making a larger army etc. the cities had a max. population of 60, and you could send a single dude out of a city, and get them to found one. there were different cultures (Norman, persian, Greek and a few more) and there were buildings you used to research technologies to unlock weapons to build in a war factory. You had cannons, ballistae, and a 'vehicle' that would explode if shot/damaged enough.

it wasn't the best game, but it was a fun time waster.

Seven Kingdoms?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 29, 2011, 08:41:24 pm »

This one came up in a conversation at work today, and it's been nagging me since.

You played a tank that fought other tanks in vector graphics amid a bunch of regular geometric shapes. You could get powerups, and every level introduced new types of enemy tanks- I specifically remember the annoying invisible tanks. You had a radar that would indicate shells in flight as well as the position of enemy tanks.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 29, 2011, 09:15:14 pm »

This one came up in a conversation at work today, and it's been nagging me since.

You played a tank that fought other tanks in vector graphics amid a bunch of regular geometric shapes. You could get powerups, and every level introduced new types of enemy tanks- I specifically remember the annoying invisible tanks. You had a radar that would indicate shells in flight as well as the position of enemy tanks.

Sounds like one of the Spectre games, or Battlezone
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 204