Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376138 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

I used to have this game when I was really little (about 5 or 6, the fact that I understood enough to play the game with some modicum of skill is amazing). The idea was emergency rescue management, I can remember certain parts well. The opening video was of a jet crashing (I distinctly remember the line "What the hell" because it was a curse word, which I didn't hear often back then). One of the first missions involved a wreck, IIRC. There was also a mission where an arsonist was burning down buildings in a town, and you had to both stop him with the police while putting out the fires. There was also a mission where (this is piecing together what I can remember as a child and incorporating my current knowledge, so bear with me) a train carrying what I believe was nuclear material was nearly derailed after putting the emergency brakes on because people had chained themselves in front of the tracks to stop the nuclear material from getting to its destination. I'd like to try the game again now that I'm older, since I could probably do a much better job of playing it.
Nothing important here, move along.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

I used to have this game when I was really little (about 5 or 6, the fact that I understood enough to play the game with some modicum of skill is amazing). The idea was emergency rescue management, I can remember certain parts well. The opening video was of a jet crashing (I distinctly remember the line "What the hell" because it was a curse word, which I didn't hear often back then). One of the first missions involved a wreck, IIRC. There was also a mission where an arsonist was burning down buildings in a town, and you had to both stop him with the police while putting out the fires. There was also a mission where (this is piecing together what I can remember as a child and incorporating my current knowledge, so bear with me) a train carrying what I believe was nuclear material was nearly derailed after putting the emergency brakes on because people had chained themselves in front of the tracks to stop the nuclear material from getting to its destination. I'd like to try the game again now that I'm older, since I could probably do a much better job of playing it.

One of the Emergency games perhaps?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

I looked at those, but none of them looked the same as what I can remember. Of course, I may misremember some of the details. I do remember also that the place where you get vehicles from has 2 stories, the bottom housing vehicles and special equipment and the top housing personnel. One of the notable vehicles was a fold-out field hospital that allowed doctors to treat patients on-scene. I distinctly remember using it (or trying to) on a level where a roller coaster had derailed somehow.

EDIT: Looking back, the first game in that series seems to have a lot of similarities to what I recall, even though my memory seems to remember things quite differently.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:27:53 pm by TheBronzePickle »
Nothing important here, move along.

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, trying to remember a game I had waay back, mid/late 90's I believe, maybe early 00's. :)

Genre - Horse, Owner, Betting, Stable, Selling, Buying and Racing.
Box Cover - Think it was like green and brown with a picture of either a stable or race track entrance as the the box art.  Pretty positive it did not have a horse on the cover as the game focused more on ownership and building your stable than actually betting or you racing the horses.  Was more of a sim where you could watch the races, but not race...I think. :)

I'll remember it when I see the name...might have had Downs or Stable or something like that in the title.

Take care,

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a game my friend was telling me about, apparently it's an indie game, and was featured in PC Gamer sometime in 2010. It's a sci-fi game, where you can fly around and carve bases into asteroids and stuff like that. It sounds awesome, but he can't remember the name >:(
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a game my friend was telling me about, apparently it's an indie game, and was featured in PC Gamer sometime in 2010. It's a sci-fi game, where you can fly around and carve bases into asteroids and stuff like that. It sounds awesome, but he can't remember the name >:(
Miner Wars? Blockade Runner?

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm, it could have been Miner Wars, but I'm relatively sure it wasn't Blockade Runner. I'll run it past him, see if it jogs his memory, thanks :)
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- Top-down view, 2D graphics, 4 vehicles: a jeep, a tank, a helicopter, and armoured vehicle with rockets and mnies. IIRC the music was "In the Hall of the Mountain King".

- Side-scrolling game. It was about helicopters (I am not sure if there was a mission with an airplane), mostly rescue missions (I am quite sure that it was possible to destroy some stuff in some missions), variable weather effects. I am sure it was not "Airlift Rescue" nor "Striker"
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:12:07 am by Kicior »
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

RTS game quite similar to C&C IIRC.  While playing as one of the factions you had the ability to kidnap civilians and brainwash them into soldiers.  The other faction could rescue them for good publicity and increased funding.  The good guys also got bad publicity for harming civilians.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's a slow paced space game with very simple mechanics and you have 9 months to live the combat is slow and there are roman deer (Jefmajor did a video of it)
Flotilla? I don't remember the deer but I remember something like that :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile

RTS game quite similar to C&C IIRC.  While playing as one of the factions you had the ability to kidnap civilians and brainwash them into soldiers.  The other faction could rescue them for good publicity and increased funding.  The good guys also got bad publicity for harming civilians.

That sounds somewhat familiar... era? 1990's, early 2000's?
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Early 2000's I think.  A mate of mine had it for PS2 if that helps.

E:  I believe a lot (if not all) of it took place in desert like environments.  Oh, and you could rescue wounded soldiers via helicopter and take them back to your hospital.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:27:27 am by lordcooper »

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile

Early 2000's I think.  A mate of mine had it for PS2 if that helps.

E:  I believe a lot (if not all) of it took place in desert like environments.  Oh, and you could rescue wounded soldiers via helicopter and take them back to your hospital.

That helps a lot because PS2 had very little RTS games. Let's see...

Do I get a medal?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:37:39 am by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Yes, you get a great big shiny internetz medal.

Cherish it.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- Top-down view, 2D graphics, 4 vehicles: a jeep, a tank, a helicopter, and armoured vehicle with rockets and mnies. IIRC the music was "In the Hall of the Mountain King".

It's called Return Fire. Ride of the Valkyries played with the helicopter, Flight of the Bumblebees with the Jeep and William Tell overture whilst running the flag back to base.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 204