Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376161 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, the game I remember is from a while ago, when me, my dad, and second cousin were playing old Mac games on an emulator. It was a mystery-type game thing that took place in a ski-resort. It had an elevator. You could also beat the game by moving one room, typing wait for a certain amount of time, and then ask a girl a few questions. But you could also not be a cheater and explore and solve the mystery yourself. I think it was a murder.
`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There was also a game I remember a lot less about, also on the old Mac emulator...all I remember is that there was a submarine you would enter, and you would have to look up a code thing to enter depending on what they told you. I think it was some sort of thing to make sure you had a legit copy of the game. The codes were something like Red 5 or something like that. I remember a lot less about this one, but it's worth a try.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

There was a game on the Genesis, a side-scrolling beat-em-up. I think the plot was the main character was going to avenge his father or brother or something. As you kill enemies, a bar fills up, which at certain point you character gains a temporary bonus to ass-kicking, mostly in the form of him ripping his shirt off for some reason. I believe there was branching paths of levels, but I never really got far into the game.

This sounds like Last Battle.  Terrible game.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was also a game I remember a lot less about, also on the old Mac emulator...all I remember is that there was a submarine you would enter, and you would have to look up a code thing to enter depending on what they told you. I think it was some sort of thing to make sure you had a legit copy of the game. The codes were something like Red 5 or something like that. I remember a lot less about this one, but it's worth a try.

The hunt for red October?
It was released for almost all PCs and NES and GBC

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was a game on the Genesis, a side-scrolling beat-em-up. I think the plot was the main character was going to avenge his father or brother or something. As you kill enemies, a bar fills up, which at certain point you character gains a temporary bonus to ass-kicking, mostly in the form of him ripping his shirt off for some reason. I believe there was branching paths of levels, but I never really got far into the game.

This sounds like Last Battle.  Terrible game.
Looks like it, yeah.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wasn't going to bother posting this but I'm bored and this has been driving me nuts for a while. I kinda doubt anyone will be able to help but that's what this thread is for.

Anyways, long, long ago we used Mac computers, and the games we could play were kinda limited to those, not sure if these were made for PC at all.
The game is somewhat simple, you play as a frog and can hop to the left or right, and you could stick your tongue out to catch flies passing by in the air. You could also spit to hit the flies that were too high for your tongue to reach. I think later stages involved bees which would turn red and hurt you if you tried to eat them, but calm down and be edible again. I think at the end of each stage the frog would turn towards the fourth wall and hold up a sign that said "yum" or something similar. (I don't know if I stopped playing or the game just wasn't all that in-depth for there to be more)

Another game I can't really remember too much of, just that you'd some kind of adventure guy with a sort of top-down-ish perspective and it plays out like an adventure, game, getting items and fighting enemies (I think with a whip?) I honestly don't remember all that much else about this game.

At some point we had CD's with dozens of little games on them, and I'm not sure what those CD's were called or how on earth we got them. It's possible those games were simply games on those CD's and there's absolutely no info on them anywhere =<

I think one of the CD's had Escape Velocity on it, if that helps. I believe there may have also been a game called "Gone Fishing" or something similar, where you play as a little fishy and you have to eat smaller fishies to grow bigger and bigger. You know the type.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Ignazio the Frog?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope. I probably should have listed the games that I knew it's not, but I'm kinda lazy at the moment.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I...don't think that's it, but it might be. Anyone know the other one? I'd really like to find that one, having a lot of trouble though..
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

I remember this game, it might be a flash game but I dunno. Basically you have to win a war by sending troops to battle, and they all have their own name. Every time one of them died a tombstone with their name would pop up and soon the whole area would be filled with tombstones.

Other than that I have no idea what else was in it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile

I finally remembered the name of a mecha rts game with 3 factions, salvagable components and pretty fluid gameplay. Blue guys had swords, red guys axe and purple guys had claws I think as basic CC weapons. It had pretty poor promotion and support sadly, it had potential.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I...don't think that's it, but it might be. Anyone know the other one? I'd really like to find that one, having a lot of trouble though..

Only one I can think of is 688 Attack Sub. Unless it was WWII subs, in which case it could be Das Boot.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember this game, it might be a flash game but I dunno. Basically you have to win a war by sending troops to battle, and they all have their own name. Every time one of them died a tombstone with their name would pop up and soon the whole area would be filled with tombstones.

Cannon Fodder, I think.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I finally remembered the name of a mecha rts game with 3 factions, salvagable components and pretty fluid gameplay. Blue guys had swords, red guys axe and purple guys had claws I think as basic CC weapons. It had pretty poor promotion and support sadly, it had potential.

Fairly awesome game that was. I just can't get it to work anymore. Not sure if it's a DX issue, OpenGL issue, or graphics card issue. It locks up starting a mission/skirmish.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile

Fairly awesome game that was. I just can't get it to work anymore. Not sure if it's a DX issue, OpenGL issue, or graphics card issue. It locks up starting a mission/skirmish.

yeah.
I can't find my disc/box, but I know what you mean, had similar problems with other oldish games.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Cannon Fodder, I think.
I don't think thats it, you'd basically be sending soldiers through a mountain like valley. And the longer the war lasts more tombstones pop up. It has 8-bit like graphics, if that helps.

I remember it clearly because it had an interesting message that was sent out, with all of the troops constantly dying and the war never ends.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 204