Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376160 times)

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt

Oy, I just though of this game I used to play, it was like Wipeout HD, but for PC. The ships leaved some kind of trails behind them that if you hit your ship breaks, and another detail I remember is that there is a time limit to matches, and when the time is up the walls begin enclosing till there is only one ship left which wins.

Any ideas?

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oy, I just though of this game I used to play, it was like Wipeout HD, but for PC. The ships leaved some kind of trails behind them that if you hit your ship breaks, and another detail I remember is that there is a time limit to matches, and when the time is up the walls begin enclosing till there is only one ship left which wins.

Any ideas?

Sounds like something from the movie Tron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ODe9mqoDE

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Anyone know a game where you play as robots/mechs whatever (not Mechwarrior/Mechcommander), you can use different weapons such as flamethrowers and lighting guns or whatever they were.

There probably was a Co-Op mode where you and your friend fight in a campaign of sort, and then there was a duel where you would first capture neutral turrets, then try to capture enemy turrets and that sort of stuff.

Future Cop LAPD. I loved it so much.  Up till about Oct 2010, there
was actually a project to revive the game.. but it fell through due to lack
of interest by potential developers. That, and a lot of us were distracted by http://www.hawkengame.com/blog/ << hawken :-P

I'm not sure if it was this, but this looks so similar that I'm fine with this. Thanks!
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile

I vaguely recall a game involving protecting your disembodied brain. Anyone know the name of this?
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I vaguely recall a game involving protecting your disembodied brain. Anyone know the name of this?
Cortex Command

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wanna watch this thread, but so I'm adding something of value thought I'd post some Nostalgia myself

Nether Earth RTS from 1987 (remake) :-

http://www.braingames.getput.com/nether/default.asp

great game, I only beat it back in the day in a very-exploity fashion.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:31:37 am by Reelyanoob »

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

there was this game i only vaguely remember coz i havent played it back then i only saw somebody else play it but i really really want to play it now that i remember

it was like an RTS in the sense that the view is isometric(or was it top-down?) but you only control a few people(or was it a squad?) and they have this really cool system wherein they have a limited line of sight it was a cone shape to where they were facing

i think the theme was ww2 i dont really remember but it had soldiers with guns n shit
and it had graphics sort of like stronghold or like fall out 2 but it wasnt medieval or post apocalyptic or anything it was just similar in the sense that they were made to look like 3d but theyre sprites....

i think it was a stealth/turn based strategy game coz you kind of put them in key positions in on a house and then wait for the enemy to come and the soldier would blast away..

im already not making any sense but do you guys know this game i reeeaally want to play it....it seemed like it was an awesome strategy game

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

there was this game i only vaguely remember coz i havent played it back then i only saw somebody else play it but i really really want to play it now that i remember

it was like an RTS in the sense that the view is isometric(or was it top-down?) but you only control a few people(or was it a squad?) and they have this really cool system wherein they have a limited line of sight it was a cone shape to where they were facing

i think the theme was ww2 i dont really remember but it had soldiers with guns n shit
and it had graphics sort of like stronghold or like fall out 2 but it wasnt medieval or post apocalyptic or anything it was just similar in the sense that they were made to look like 3d but theyre sprites....

i think it was a stealth/turn based strategy game coz you kind of put them in key positions in on a house and then wait for the enemy to come and the soldier would blast away..

im already not making any sense but do you guys know this game i reeeaally want to play it....it seemed like it was an awesome strategy game

I believe you talk about Commandos series.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

YES thank you!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was a game on the Genesis, a side-scrolling beat-em-up. I think the plot was the main character was going to avenge his father or brother or something. As you kill enemies, a bar fills up, which at certain point you character gains a temporary bonus to ass-kicking, mostly in the form of him ripping his shirt off for some reason. I believe there was branching paths of levels, but I never really got far into the game.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

There was a game on the Genesis, a side-scrolling beat-em-up. I think the plot was the main character was going to avenge his father or brother or something. As you kill enemies, a bar fills up, which at certain point you character gains a temporary bonus to ass-kicking, mostly in the form of him ripping his shirt off for some reason. I believe there was branching paths of levels, but I never really got far into the game.

Hurr, there were few games like that I can remember... start with Streets of Rage?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Could you also pick up a wide variety of weapons which would eventually break?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile

On the C=64, late 80's early 90's:

I played a fun game in which you controlled a ladybug shaped robot that hed to grow mushrooms within a timelimit and store them at the spaceport. you were accosted by bugs that would eat your shrooms and destroy buildings. To protect your stuff you could build turrets and fences and shout the bugs with your own bug.
A very early tower defence/ management game.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 07:52:57 am by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile

Hurr, there were few games like that I can remember... start with Streets of Rage?
Double Dragon?
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile

Sort of makes me think of Altered Beast, but there weren't any branching paths.  You'd collect 3 power ups(First one destroys your shirt, second one adds tons of muscles, and the last turned you into some sort of critter until the end of the level when you'd be turned back into Shirty McClothed.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 204