Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376203 times)

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi all,

I remember this game which you were a space astronaut that gets sucked into an other galaxy. Some space aliens are willing to help you and give you a space+timetravel machine but you are force to use it to prevent the invasion of this galaxy by some other evil aliens. To accomplish this task you also get 4 alien seeds that are in fact to used to create 4 seperate aliens races, each can only live in one type of planet (desert, frozen, jungle, underwater). With your space ship you would choose which would be their homeplanet, and then through time you would guide them to the space age so they could fight the evil aliens before the year 2000 or something. If think it was a dos game, found it ounce on home of the underdogs but can't remember the name.

Thanks!
Millennia: Altered Destinies

CHaosdwarft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thank you! Just got to figure out where to get it! :'(

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Well, there we go...

It' a an old game, somewhere like second half of 90's I believe.

You were some kind of space pilot, flying around the space (I think it was 'flat' space) in a crescent shaped ufo. I don't remember much besides there was some kind of spaceships you could board and space colonies, all those populated by either squishy pink/grey aliens or robots. The robots were peaceful at first but went all 'KILL KILL' the moment you touched anything on their ships.

They had the 'old look' faces - squareish, with lightbulbs and screws and all that thing.

I believe the game started with 'P'.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

That would be the greatest space trader sim this side of the Iron Curtain - Parkan: Imperial Chronicles. "Parkan" is supposed to mean "boomerang" in some african or south-american (or whatever) language. Me, I just call it the flying banana. :)

The english version is inexplicably difficult to obtain just about anywhere for some reason. Most searches turn up the Russian originals.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 05:48:50 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Hm, I remember an old PS2 game I used to play. It was a monster training game, and it involved breeding monsters. You start off with a weak monster then you train it by fighting or playing games and it would level up based on what games or places you would take it. It had turn based combat system, you using the monsters to fight other ones. I cannot remember the name, it was pretty fun though.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

That would be the greatest space trader sim this side of the Iron Curtain - Parkan: Imperial Chronicles. "Parkan" is supposed to mean "boomerang" in some african or south-american (or whatever) language. Me, I just call it the flying banana. :)

The english version is inexplicably difficult to obtain just about anywhere for some reason. Most searches turn up the Russian originals.

YES, that's that :D

I do remember it was boomerang spaceship, and the name would be the one I seek :3 Also, hey, neat Avatar :P

Now I has other game I can't find (my search-fu is weak). The problem is it's SimCity like game, it was much less complicated that SimCity and it's from around 2000.

There was a lot of bus/tram/train lines planning, the game came with various scenarios and there was both English and German version in the game.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now I has other game I can't find (my search-fu is weak). The problem is it's SimCity like game, it was much less complicated that SimCity and it's from around 2000.

There was a lot of bus/tram/train lines planning, the game came with various scenarios and there was both English and German version in the game.

Traffic Giant?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Traffic Giant?

Nah, I have Traffic Giant and that's not this.

In the game I forgotten you've build a city from scratch in many of scenarios.

EDIT: Lol, found it at first name that came in my mind xD It's Mobility.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 06:54:04 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember playing some RPG-type game on my PS1, I barely remember anything about it...
But I know you played this guy, right? And I think you had a sword...? And then there was this magic sword, and some moron friend of the main character used its special power indoors and badly injured himself. I dunno.
The name might've had 'wanderer' or 'vagabond' in it, but I dunno.
I don't remember if it was any GOOD, it just bugs me not knowing what it was! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Check out Vagrant Story. Guy with sword (AFAIK) is the protagonist, but I never played it far enough to see any plot.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, I'll have a look at that sometime, thanks! I'm just curious, really, no idea if it's any good. :P
I think I just rented it out a couple of times.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm, I remember an old PS2 game I used to play. It was a monster training game, and it involved breeding monsters. You start off with a weak monster then you train it by fighting or playing games and it would level up based on what games or places you would take it. It had turn based combat system, you using the monsters to fight other ones. I cannot remember the name, it was pretty fun though.
One of the Monster Rancher games, I assume?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.

Alright, bear with me here. It's been many years since i played this, so i'm just going by memory.

It was a top-down (looked sorta like DF with a graphics pack) turn-based Fantasy RPG (i can't remember if it was Fallout-style where it's one unit acting at a time, or like XCOM or Space Hulk where it's your whole side, then the next side, and so on) on some disc that had a bunch of free games and such, i remember the version i had included one full "campaign" module thingy, and you could buy more etc. (i can slightly remember the name of one of the modules you could buy, it was like "Castle in the clouds" or something similar, i can only remember the name had to do with something up in the sky or something). Anyhow, i remember some of the character creation, you could select from a bunch of races like Human, Vampire, this bug-headed Antman-looking thing, and a few others i can't recall. They had various stats yadda yadda yadda, and one of them you could set was their age. Certain races had better stats when they were older, others were best when they were young, and so on. And then the part where you set what the character looks like, i can remember it was like there were 2 (3?) parts of the sprite (Head, Lower body, *Upper body?*) you could mix&match from all the races (could have a regular Human with an Ant's head and Vampire's lower body, for example). In the module the game came with, you started out in this town in the north-west part of the map, amd there was stuff like:

- There was a boy trapped down a well, and you could use an "Acrobatic Action" roll (a skill you can use in certain situations) to see whether you can get him out, or fall in and wait to be rescued by someone else (i think you needed a rope, or it would always fail, or maybe the rope was so you didn't need to use the Acrobatic Action, i can't remember).

- Go to the resturant or inn or whatever it was called, and you could order (really bad) food, and you then had a choice of complimenting the chef to be nice, or say that it was horrible in which case the chef chases you out, but you could go back and do either thing over and over again with nothing changing.

- There was a castle you could enter, but only if you had a permission form or whatever, and in the building you buy them from, you had the option of forging a form yourself, in which case the guy there says he's impressed with the quality of the forgery, but points out that you can't just forge them, they has to be by him etc. but you can say you just really want to get in the castle (or something along those lines), in which case he says he'll allow you in just because (basically).

- There was a Wizard in town you could recruit, i forget if you found him in the inn or not, but i remember if you had him in your party and you went to a certain building a fight would break out. Can't remember anything else.

- Outside the walls, there's a war going on between Orcs and Goblins (i'm pretty sure it was Goblins, it might've been something else though, but i know they're fighting Orcs), and i recall it says one of the sides is overpowering the other (i think it was orcs over goblins/whatever, but i could be wrong), and you could choose to side with one or the other or just let them duke it out themselves.

- There was a celler somewhere, and it had a rat infestation, you could fight through the rats down there until you found this giant rat that can talk, and it's using some kinda statue that summons rats which you can use if you can kill him.

- I think it was in the castle, it was like the castle vaults sorta thing, there was a woman near the entrance who's like this higher-up, and you can go into the vaults and take stuff etc. but when you head back, you come across the woman along with a bunch of guards, and she says something about "Curiosity killed the cat" and attacked you (and most likely killed you. Damn she was strong).

- A bunch of other half-remember stuff.

I can remember a part of the interface, specifically aiming spells or ranged weapons, it took me AGES to figure out that you like went into aiming mode or whatever, and you moved the cursor around to your target, and then you press a button (Spacebar, i think, it might've been Enter) to lock it in. Also, there was a fleeing part, where i think if they were far enough away from enemies, you could make your units flee the fight or something. In addition, i do remember that after fights, you could bring on surviving allies into your party (or kick out people you already have. Sometimes you'd have to since you only had a limited amount of slots for units).

Yeah, that's pretty much all i can get. Please excuse the wall of text and the messiness i'm sure is present throughout, elocution is not my strong suit :P.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 07:52:41 am by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile

Yadda yadda fantasy game

I think I asked about the same game here a while ago, there's no 'sprite mixing' though, but you can select an avatar (head) picture and a sprite seperately.

Also yadda yadda fantasy game
Realmz, by Fantasoft
http://www.fantasoft.com/realmzdivinity.html
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.

Yeah, i just remembered you could have a couple different things regarding appearance.

Anyway, been looking at pictures, looks a lot like it, and "Fantasoft" vaguely rings a bell, i'll know once i play through the demo. Thanks for the help! :3

EDIT: Yep, that's the one. Can't remember if the game was good, but damn this does bring back memories xD.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 08:12:50 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 204