Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376210 times)

Trappin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Guild 2

The Guild

The Guild Gold Edition

The Guild: Europa 1400

I have The Guild Gold Edition which includes The Guild and the expansion pack Europa 1400.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the PS2 I remember this game where you took some rune-like objects and used them to create monsters. You could enter your monsters in tournaments, train them, and send them into dungeons to get more of the "runes" for monster spawning. The tournaments were ranked on a scale like A Class, B Class, C Class, and so on. You could expand your land to get more equipment to train your monsters better. Some monsters were really strange, like a duck made out of wooden toys. Monster Hunter or something like that?

EDIT: I believe it was part of a series. The game was an English translation of a Japanese Game and the characters styled like anime characters. The only ones I can remember are an old man at the temple where you spawned the monsters, a giant talking tree on your estate, and a girl that would visit you sometimes. I think she was your assistant, actually.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:03:59 am by Detonate »
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Anyone know a game where you play as robots/mechs whatever (not Mechwarrior/Mechcommander), you can use different weapons such as flamethrowers and lighting guns or whatever they were.

There probably was a Co-Op mode where you and your friend fight in a campaign of sort, and then there was a duel where you would first capture neutral turrets, then try to capture enemy turrets and that sort of stuff.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What system was the mech game on?

Probably not what you're thinking of, but Armored Core is a mech series on consoles.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the PS2 I remember this game where you took some rune-like objects and used them to create monsters. You could enter your monsters in tournaments, train them, and send them into dungeons to get more of the "runes" for monster spawning. The tournaments were ranked on a scale like A Class, B Class, C Class, and so on. You could expand your land to get more equipment to train your monsters better. Some monsters were really strange, like a duck made out of wooden toys. Monster Hunter or something like that?

EDIT: I believe it was part of a series. The game was an English translation of a Japanese Game and the characters styled like anime characters. The only ones I can remember are an old man at the temple where you spawned the monsters, a giant talking tree on your estate, and a girl that would visit you sometimes. I think she was your assistant, actually.

Is it Monster Rancher?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Also, Mechassault.

And that series about monsters is Monster Rancher.

edit: darn ninjas
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it Monster Rancher?

Yeah, thanks. The exact game was Monster Rancher 4.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, my game was The Guild. It popped into my head in those few minutes of half-sleep before going to bed last night, surprisingly, but thanks anyway guys.

terlmann

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey guys, I'm looking for a truely hard to find game. For me, anyway.
I've been searching for it on and off the last 6 years.
In the early 21st century ValuSoft made a 1000+ Great Games disk(now discontinued)
that had demos and full-version games. I absolutely fricking loved some of them, like
the martian colony simulator.

Now, on this disk or available at that time, was:

A top down, 2d graphics game with detailed models
with gameplay similar to Solar Winds,but not as advanced as escape velocity.

You could destroy asteroids for minerals, trade minerals for ammo,
and play the campaign, which involved aliens, computer chips, and some kind of survival-of-the-human-race type element.
The physics model included a unique knockback effect from alien weapons.

Anyone care to take a shot?
--------------------------------------------
Programmer, nerd, weirdo. Also turtles.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone know a game where you play as robots/mechs whatever (not Mechwarrior/Mechcommander), you can use different weapons such as flamethrowers and lighting guns or whatever they were.

There probably was a Co-Op mode where you and your friend fight in a campaign of sort, and then there was a duel where you would first capture neutral turrets, then try to capture enemy turrets and that sort of stuff.

Sounds like one of the starsiege games.

terlmann

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Future Cop LAPD. I loved it so much.  Up till about Oct 2010, there
was actually a project to revive the game.. but it fell through due to lack
of interest by potential developers. That, and a lot of us were distracted by http://www.hawkengame.com/blog/ << hawken :-P
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 08:31:31 pm by terlmann »
--------------------------------------------
Programmer, nerd, weirdo. Also turtles.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's almost exactly like Magic and Mayhem but better looking in terms of graphics. Came out sometime during the 2000s.

Possibly may not exist and may be Magic & Mayhem. Any help?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

It's almost exactly like Magic and Mayhem but better looking in terms of graphics. Came out sometime during the 2000s.

King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame perhaps?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sacrifice? The sequel to Magic & Mayhem?

CHaosdwarft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi all,

I remember this game which you were a space astronaut that gets sucked into an other galaxy. Some space aliens are willing to help you and give you a space+timetravel machine but you are force to use it to prevent the invasion of this galaxy by some other evil aliens. To accomplish this task you also get 4 alien seeds that are in fact to used to create 4 seperate aliens races, each can only live in one type of planet (desert, frozen, jungle, underwater). With your space ship you would choose which would be their homeplanet, and then through time you would guide them to the space age so they could fight the evil aliens before the year 2000 or something. If think it was a dos game, found it ounce on home of the underdogs but can't remember the name.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 204