Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376260 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I think I recall actually using an actual Amiga one time (seeing as I have the emulator, and trying to find good games to play on it). Looking back, one of my brother's friends possibly owned one and had a handful of games. A couple that come to mind, and considering how long ago it was, I doubt he remembers them either, that I can't seem to recall the name of them are like this.

1- You played as an eight-ball rolling upwards (usually) probably trying to make it through a labrynth. Usually had green, grey, white, and black as the main board color scheme (maybe had other colors, maybe green was for easier levels). Some levels had chess like rules to navigate (otherwise you go bye-bye), others were a race to the finish, and others were like the game Labrynth, where you had to avoid a bunch of pits and navigate a maze. The viewscreen in the game was probably a 7x7 grid, and if you moved fast enough, the 8-ball was closer to the far end to make you more aware of what's up ahead so you can time your jumps better.

2- Maybe it was The Incredible Hulk or something, but I remember a game that had a more Contra-like feel to it (mostly scrolling platformer). You played as a trooper/commando or some green dude or something, and the first level (I think) you're fighting your way through the jungle. I think it begins beating up your targets with your fists, and then eventually getting better weapons or something. I think you could enter doorways as well. Surprisingly involved for an action/adventure/arcadeish game.

It's been easily 15 years ago since I last played them, but those are the most details I can extract from my memory archives. I know it had to be on an Amiga, because I don't recall any other machine (other than the old Dos systems) that could compete with those graphics, 8-ball game aside.

Any luck on my first request about some kind of tank game for the Commodore 64? I remember it had Tron's level of control where you can control the turret and movement separately as well. May have been the age, maybe I was too young to play effectively, may have been because I was still rather new to advanced games back then, but it was pretty hard, but had surprisingly good graphics for the time (maybe made in the same time frame as Raid Over Moscow, the graphics were that good, if memory serves correctly).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 11:35:39 pm by Itnetlolor »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The first one sounds like Marble Madness.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The tank game could be Battle Command / Carrier Command.

The side scroller sounds familiar, although that could be because there were probably 100 side scrollers set in jungle for the Amiga.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Even if it's not the game you're looking for, I'd recommend Oxyd for labyrinthine ball-navigation puzzle solving.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

There was this old educational game I remember playing in the early 90s.  It was by Mecc.  You were explorers in Australia looking for someone.  I think it was called Adventure in the Outback or something like that but I can't seem to find it.  Am I remembering it correctly?

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still looking for this game:

So there is this game, more than 10 years old certainly, with 3 levels, each with completely different gameplay.

1st level you build a town and little people come out of their houses radially to power the farms (which look like like red barns) and other buildings. Demons come out of a mountain every now and then, and if they walk through your town your buildings burn, so you have to build guard towers to defend yourself. There is also a fairy village on the map (looks like a forest) but it doesn't do anything.

2nd level is a spell duel (with the leader of the fairies i think), you combine some stuff and you make iceballs and other spells which you hurl at each other.

3rd level you control a dude with a sword at the entrance of Demon Mountain, demons come out and you slash them, there are also some crystals which you have to destroy to get the boss to come out. The view is top-down and the "map" is a single screen.

Anyone remember the name?  :)

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember seeing a video for this game once on Youtube, I forgot the name but as I remember it, it makes me want to buy it.

It was a Lord of the Ring's game, you would have a party of I think 4 or so people, and it was turn based as in, like, adventure quest or something but with added graphics and a deep storyline. For example, select person A, Use Potion B, then your turn for that character ends then you move onto the next one. Oh, I wish I could explain it more, but I cant, I have forgotten alot of it. I just remember in the video the party was fighting nazguls then sauron's eye.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

I remember seeing a video for this game once on Youtube, I forgot the name but as I remember it, it makes me want to buy it.

It was a Lord of the Ring's game, you would have a party of I think 4 or so people, and it was turn based as in, like, adventure quest or something but with added graphics and a deep storyline. For example, select person A, Use Potion B, then your turn for that character ends then you move onto the next one. Oh, I wish I could explain it more, but I cant, I have forgotten alot of it. I just remember in the video the party was fighting nazguls then sauron's eye.

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age perhaps?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah. Thats it, thank you very much

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

The tank game could be Battle Command / Carrier Command.

The side scroller sounds familiar, although that could be because there were probably 100 side scrollers set in jungle for the Amiga.
Nope, the tank game I was talking about was a top-down shooter (first level was similar in color scheme to the C64 default screen). It had controls similar in style to Tron, but it wasn't Tron either.

I played them, and they didn't match my description or what I remember.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:25:43 pm by Itnetlolor »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was this Dreamcast game where you attacked and captured a goblin fortress with a dwarven smith. You then run around killing enemies collecting mithril so the smith can enchant your weapons and armor. You leveled up, but nearly all your power came from enchanting your shit. There was this big quest where you fight a goddess as the final boss and with a bunch of dragons as the game's bonus bosses. Does anybody remember the name of this game?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was this Dreamcast game where you attacked and captured a goblin fortress with a dwarven smith. You then run around killing enemies collecting mithril so the smith can enchant your weapons and armor. You leveled up, but nearly all your power came from enchanting your shit. There was this big quest where you fight a goddess as the final boss and with a bunch of dragons as the game's bonus bosses. Does anybody remember the name of this game?
Record of Lodoss War, although whatever relevance to the cartoon there is, I don't know.

And those dragons are fucking hard. I remember hammering at one for about half an hour, doing nearly 20k of damage per hit, and only taking a small visible chunck of his HP bar. Then he killed me in one firebreath blast. And that was the weaker dragon.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanted to check and see if this game is on sale for the Steam summer sale... Only to realize I've forgotten the name, and I'm failing utterly in trying to search for it. I know there was a topic at one point for a person asking for a more politcal oriented strategy game and this one was mentioned, and I'd been interested in it before that. Anyway, it's a sims-esque medieval village building/organizing sort of thing with an emphasis on politics between characters and such. I thought it was a Paradox Interactive published game but I can't seem to find it with any of their stuff, in or outside of Steam. Any help here?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

The Guild?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like the Guild. I've got the Guild 2 Renaissance; its fun.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 204