Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376344 times)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile

Old shareware (I think) where you played as a toy commando with a permanent smile.

Ran around in a top down environment, collecting weapons and killing other toys.

Health bar was a battery.

Any ideas?

This may be Power Pete.  Which also has some other name.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Trying to remember the name of this older 2d side scrolling shooter. I want to say it came out around 1997 or so. It was uber gritty and dark, and I believe you were a guy in a slick looking super suit fighting aliens. You had lasers and all sorts of techno weaponry to fight off the aliens. It's not Shadow Complex, that's recent and in the same vein of what I'm thinking, but not it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trying to remember the name of this older 2d side scrolling shooter. I want to say it came out around 1997 or so. It was uber gritty and dark, and I believe you were a guy in a slick looking super suit fighting aliens. You had lasers and all sorts of techno weaponry to fight off the aliens. It's not Shadow Complex, that's recent and in the same vein of what I'm thinking, but not it.
Abuse?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Who the man?

That's right, you the man. It must have been good if you pulled it up that quick, I couldn't find it for the life of me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

An old Boulder Dash game, but computer-themed? There were floppy disks chasing you and stuff.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who the man?

That's right, you the man. It must have been good if you pulled it up that quick, I couldn't find it for the life of me.
Well, it was one of the first platformers (if not the first) to use the mouse for aim. Plus it scared the crap out of me when I was little.

An old Boulder Dash game, but computer-themed? There were floppy disks chasing you and stuff.
Supaplex?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Supaplex?

Yesss, thanks! I knew it started with 'S' :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay this one is old.
It was a DOS game.
The title screen had a picture of rose. The game was about pushing boulders and squishing insects(and stuff)
You could also destroy the terrain(dirt wall) if you pushed boulders into it. It was a top down game

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

dude, there were about a million boulder pushing games like that.  I remember one with mice pushing boulders to trap and squish cats, so they could collect cheese.  it seemed like there were a few years there in the 90s where every shareware disk included at least five new boulder pushers.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you redirect me to some list of those games?
I do remember that the main character wore the Indiana Jones hat

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

That sounds like an old homebrew PS1 game... I forgot the name of it so I'm not really helping.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was a free little game someone posted on these very forums, but I can't recall the name of it. You climb a tree. That's it. No enemies. Just you and the tree.

Climb That Big Tree. It's an interesting little timewaster.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I used to play this arcade/platformer, where you are a computer chip. You travel across a computer world, and upgrade over time. Your mission was to rescue your girlfriend or somesuch.

Anyone?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you have more details? How old? What platform? What did the graphics look like?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Okay....late 80's arcade game, 2D side-scrolling shooter with parallax backgrounds. IIRC, you were in a spaceship INSIDE some huge creature and the enemies were its immune system. At the end of each level, the tunnel branched, and you could fly up or down, leading to divergent level paths (a la Golden Axe). The other thing I distinctly remember is that it was an indirect projection system, where instead of looking at the screen, you were looking at a reflection of the screen using a 90-degree angled mirror while the screen was lying flat inside the cabinet. 2P co-op mode available.

It might have been one of the R-Type series, but I've looked at their screens and synopses and it doesn't sound quite right.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 204