Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376248 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's amazing how close the boss looks like Andross, and  how the player's ship looks like an Arwing...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile

SEGA Genesis game with a modern/dark setting with magic. In the beginning you chase the villian and he stops you by turning things around you evil. At the beginning some dogs turn evil and attack you. And I remember going to a building at the beginning after the dog scene and the people in there turn into skeletons if you cast magic on them/go near them.

Warlock? This is a bad example video as it seems to be part of a speedrun, but you can still get the gist of it from this.
You are awesome.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

It was an old Sega Megadrive/Genesis game. You played as a helicopter and you shot stuff. You could pick up more fuel or ammo if you needed to. I think it was called Desert Strike 2 or 3 but I can't remember.
Jungle Strike? It was a sequel to Desert Strike.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_Strike

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was this one game on the PS2 I would play. It was a racing game but its was an open world style cartoon one. You could get money to buy cars and I have no idea what its called. Something along the lines of race city or drive city.

I played one that sounds similar to what you describe called Everywhere: Roadtrip... but there were also others in the series that went by the Japanese name called ChoroQ, I believe.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

There was this one game on the PS2 I would play. It was a racing game but its was an open world style cartoon one. You could get money to buy cars and I have no idea what its called. Something along the lines of race city or drive city.

I played one that sounds similar to what you describe called Everywhere: Roadtrip... but there were also others in the series that went by the Japanese name called ChoroQ, I believe.
Ahah! Thats the name of the game, memories are flooding back to me now. Im going to head to the local owned gamestore and see if they have any old copies.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile

There was this Russian apocalypse, turn based mmo I saw a while back, and I can't find it again. It looked a lot like X-Com.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

It was a ps1 first person shooter and it had a gun that would kill you (or hurt you) when used. I can't remember ANYTHING else.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

There was this Russian apocalypse, turn based mmo I saw a while back, and I can't find it again. It looked a lot like X-Com.
Well, the one I know looks nothing like X-Com. (And I forgot the name of it anyway). The one I found just now via google is called Zone 403, and it does look a bit similar.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please help me find this game! I know little about it other than this:
1)It was a game on the Super Nintendo.
2) The story was this: that terrorists united together into an organization and took over the world. They then encountered an alien race and is now at war with the aliens. You control as a member of the Terrorists' space navy, and your goal is to destroy aliens.
3) It's a standard shoot-them-up, you control a ship and shoot down enemy alien units.

I am still trying to find this game, and yet I cannot find it. HELP me!
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

It was an RTS and there was a cheat that involved typing 'pepperoni pizza'
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Age of Empires?  That gave you +1000 food.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Age of Empires?  That gave you +1000 food.
The first one, anyway.
Spoiler: AoE3's wood cheat is (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile

There was a roguelike I played long, long ago. You could play with a party. It had a huge overland map, and whenever you got into a fight, you'd get into a smallscale battlemap. You could escape the battle by running towards one of the map edges. You started in or near a town, where one of the first actions/quests you could do was to rescue a boy (or his puppy or something) from a well, you needed either a rope or high acrobatics skill. There was also a graveyard next to the town where you could encounter undead, and I think there were secret passages - mountain tiles that were walkable but not visually different from any other mountain tile. There were some smaller, non-battle maps as well, eg the palace interior had its own map, but I think shopping was done from the overworld map. The figure representing your party was a horseman, regardless of your characters. There were also some creatures, like dragons, that took up several tiles. Also, there were several levels of most spells (including summoning dragons IIRC) and some attacks, like a dragons' breath, would go in a straight line and burn everyone in that line. Did I mention there were dragons?

I'm sorry if it's a bit disorganized, I constantly thought of new stuff while I was typing.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

Parts of that sound like ADOM or Elona but neither meet your full description there.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was an RTS which involved no base building(I had only played the demo though)
The game had fantasy setting. The units included a kamikaze dwarf.
One particular annoying feat I remember is that whenever someone died, a voice would say "Casualty" for every death.
Only a limited number of units were given to you for a mission with reinforcements coming between missions.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 204