Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376252 times)

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been looking for this game on and off for a few years now, but never had any luck. It's probably something really obvious but I could just never find it. I'm like 80% sure it was a Sega Genesis game, but I could be wrong and it's SNES instead. It was some sort of sports game, football I think, but it was mutants, monsters and such as players. The view was more like a side-scroll than a top-down which is what I saw of similar games, but you could do stuff like trap the field and mutilate the other team's players. It was kind of shocking at the time.

I guess that's about it. Props to whoever finds it, though I'm sure it's something really obvious and I'm just dumb.
Mutant League Football?
Not Mutant League Football. It was played left-right instead of up-down. It might actually be this, but it's medieval. Strange that I would make such a gigantic mistake, and I'm still not fully convinced, but I'll let it rest for now. Thanks for the help.

Brutal Football? It was made for the Amiga and was a sci-fi bloodsports type football, with swords, bombs, decapitations and sometimes the enemy team consisted of lizardmen.

Alternately, is it Speedball?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

It was an old Sega Megadrive/Genesis game. You played as a helicopter and you shot stuff. You could pick up more fuel or ammo if you needed to. I think it was called Desert Strike 2 or 3 but I can't remember.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

There wasn't a Desert Strike 2 or 3, but there was a Desert Strike, then a Jungle Strike, and then an Urban Strike. Personally, I liked Jungle the best.

As for Justinlee's Genesis game, I can't say. The story doesn't help me much even if I have access to all/most of the games for the platform. Maybe you remember more details? Such as genre, or perhaps the developer?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Lethal Dosage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone remember the name of this old game that took place in space, and the first level was inside the "body" of some kind of monster? The final boss was a brain with an eye and arms.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

Anyone remember the name of this old game that took place in space, and the first level was inside the "body" of some kind of monster? The final boss was a brain with an eye and arms.

What was the genre?  Platformer, shooter, etc.

Lethal Dosage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shooter, you flew spaceships.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

Gradius?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

What system, or at least what general era?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps Over Horizon, for the NES? The first level is more of a plant thing though.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Lethal Dosage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure what system it was based on... went googling and found an image that is basically the same boss, but with better graphics (perhaps it was remade?)

Lethal Dosage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh wait! I just remembered. It was called Salamander.

This was the boss I was referring to..

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile

There wasn't a Desert Strike 2 or 3, but there was a Desert Strike, then a Jungle Strike, and then an Urban Strike. Personally, I liked Jungle the best.

As for Justinlee's Genesis game, I can't say. The story doesn't help me much even if I have access to all/most of the games for the platform. Maybe you remember more details? Such as genre, or perhaps the developer?
Sorry sir, I can't remember. I just remember its a platformer that is dark-ish.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

There was this one game on the PS2 I would play. It was a racing game but its was an open world style cartoon one. You could get money to buy cars and I have no idea what its called. Something along the lines of race city or drive city.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SEGA Genesis game with a modern/dark setting with magic. In the beginning you chase the villian and he stops you by turning things around you evil. At the beginning some dogs turn evil and attack you. And I remember going to a building at the beginning after the dog scene and the people in there turn into skeletons if you cast magic on them/go near them.

Warlock? This is a bad example video as it seems to be part of a speedrun, but you can still get the gist of it from this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh wait! I just remembered. It was called Salamander.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This was the boss I was referring to..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, then the "Gradius" guess was pretty close. Salamander is a sequel/spinoff of Gradius.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 204