Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376275 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Domenique: The only one I can even remotely relate is Beasts&Bumpkins.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll give a shot. I was searching for this game for centuries. Here's what I know it:
It's  a fantasy isometric rts, with different cultures/races, the only I can remember are humans and giants. It reminded me of Age of Empires.
It was for windows 98, i don't think xp was out by then. So 1996-2003 are possible release dates.
Closest thing I can think of is Seven Kingdoms 2. That is, there were different cultures of humans and the Fryhtans were sort of gigantic (although not really human-like giants).

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not Beasts and Pumpkins nor Seven Kingdoms II, I played them recently. I guess this is hopeless, i sure loved that game as a child though.

Kearn

• Bay Watcher
  • insert witty tagline here
    • View Profile

Not Beasts and Pumpkins nor Seven Kingdoms II, I played them recently. I guess this is hopeless, i sure loved that game as a child though.

are there any further details?
i like goats

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

There are way too many strategy games from the period you specify. Slightly fewer Fantasy RTS types, but still. More details would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, see if Warlords:Battlecry is the one you're looking for. Perhaps Settlers? If it "reminded you of Age of Empires", it could've come from after that game, meaning after 1997, which narrows the search somewhat.

Edit: "Hesperian Wars". It's top-down rather than isometric, but does feature giants among the various fantasy races. Also mentioned to be "something of a rarity" by old-games.ru.
Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 01:48:48 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are way too many strategy games from the period you specify. Slightly fewer Fantasy RTS types, but still. More details would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, see if Warlords:Battlecry is the one you're looking for. Perhaps Settlers? If it "reminded you of Age of Empires", it could've come from after that game, meaning after 1997, which narrows the search somewhat.

Edit: "Hesperian Wars". It's top-down rather than isometric, but does feature giants among the various fantasy races. Also mentioned to be "something of a rarity" by old-games.ru.
Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

Really wish I could give more details, it's not "Hesperian Wars", or "Warlords Battlecry". I  really wish I could give you more details, other than being a fantasy (strictly) isometric rts, that has many races, among them who are giants. The giants were like humans, just big. Also, if I recall correctly, the worker units were of both genders, so there were giant women too. I played it as a mere child, so these are the only details I really remember.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, I might as well ask. It's been bugging me off and on for years, but I dunno how easy it'll be to name.

I played it at a friend's house in, roughly, 1998, give or take a year or two. It was a PC adventure game, and more than likely a point-and-click (well, I've only narrowed it down to 3/4 the entire catalog at that point in time <_<;;).

Near the beginning of the game you were on a stormy dock. You went inside a building on the dock where you were meeting/chartering/stealing a ship, I believe. Far later, you wound up in a rather open-ended world. I also remember there being some racing thing, I wanna say with dune buggies or something similar, but I can't completely remember. That's all I can really remember. I was 7 when I saw it, and I didn't even own the game.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, this is a bit of a cheap hint, but maybe try looking through a list of all such strategy games, Domenique? Maybe you'll recognize the title or a screenshot.

Eh, I might as well ask. It's been bugging me off and on for years, but I dunno how easy it'll be to name.

I played it at a friend's house in, roughly, 1998, give or take a year or two. It was a PC adventure game, and more than likely a point-and-click (well, I've only narrowed it down to 3/4 the entire catalog at that point in time <_<;;).

Near the beginning of the game you were on a stormy dock. You went inside a building on the dock where you were meeting/chartering/stealing a ship, I believe. Far later, you wound up in a rather open-ended world. I also remember there being some racing thing, I wanna say with dune buggies or something similar, but I can't completely remember. That's all I can really remember. I was 7 when I saw it, and I didn't even own the game.
Sounds like Little Big Adventure 2. Although that wasn't point and click, so maybe not.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds slightly like Little Big Adventure 2.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugh, there was this one game for the N64, and it had charmelons, and thats all I really remember.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been looking for this game on and off for a few years now, but never had any luck. It's probably something really obvious but I could just never find it. I'm like 80% sure it was a Sega Genesis game, but I could be wrong and it's SNES instead. It was some sort of sports game, football I think, but it was mutants, monsters and such as players. The view was more like a side-scroll than a top-down which is what I saw of similar games, but you could do stuff like trap the field and mutilate the other team's players. It was kind of shocking at the time.

I guess that's about it. Props to whoever finds it, though I'm sure it's something really obvious and I'm just dumb.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll give a shot. I was searching for this game for centuries. Here's what I know it:
It's  a fantasy isometric rts, with different cultures/races, the only I can remember are humans and giants. It reminded me of Age of Empires.
It was for windows 98, i don't think xp was out by then. So 1996-2003 are possible release dates.

Age of Mythology?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think it came out in 2002

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds slightly like Little Big Adventure 2.

Poking around a bit, yep, looks like you and Virtz are right. Good call.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been looking for this game on and off for a few years now, but never had any luck. It's probably something really obvious but I could just never find it. I'm like 80% sure it was a Sega Genesis game, but I could be wrong and it's SNES instead. It was some sort of sports game, football I think, but it was mutants, monsters and such as players. The view was more like a side-scroll than a top-down which is what I saw of similar games, but you could do stuff like trap the field and mutilate the other team's players. It was kind of shocking at the time.

I guess that's about it. Props to whoever finds it, though I'm sure it's something really obvious and I'm just dumb.
Mutant League Football?

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, this is a bit of a cheap hint, but maybe try looking through a list of all such strategy games, Domenique? Maybe you'll recognize the title or a screenshot.
Nah, trust me, ran through the list already. I guess it was a poor game anyway, if it's nowhere to find :D. It's not Age of Mythology by the way. Thanks for the help guys :).
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 204