Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376149 times)

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #285 on: November 06, 2010, 01:58:17 pm »

Darwin pond, found it

mothra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 06, 2010, 04:02:39 pm »

yeah requiem , that was it. thanks

vettefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 08, 2010, 03:45:46 pm »

I am looking for the name of a game a friend of mine desribed to me. Appearantly you play as a blob on a balancing board, and the goal is to get the other blob to the ground by jumping on the board.
My friend seems to recall another quite specific detail about the game in question, namely that you could hang on to some sort of lamp post for a short period of time if you timed your jump well but he also said that he may be wrong about that.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 08, 2010, 05:29:53 pm »

Gish, and that's the duel mode, there is also a campaigin where you try to rescue your girl :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

vettefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 08, 2010, 05:36:04 pm »

Ah, after confirmation from my friend you are spot on, sir! The warmest of thanks to you.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 09, 2010, 08:35:25 am »

Gish, and that's the duel mode, there is also a campaigin where you try to rescue your girl :D
I knew I played that before! Thanks!
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 09, 2010, 09:24:25 pm »

Ah yes, Gish...  The game with fresh ideas and great style, and that handles like an alcoholic sandwich with Parkinson's.

Alright, I got one for ya...  It was an old RTS game with aliens fighting against humans.  Each side had one main base that they could upgrade and add buildings onto in order to unlock new units.  The aliens used mostly biological technology, with giant exploding beetles and huge worm-like critters with legs that served as artillery by launching exploding dung balls at their enemies.  The main resource was harvested from volcanoes or something like that.  The game had some cool sounds in it, and I think the title had 'Dark' in it, although I'm not sure.

I have a few vivid images from that game, like how the primary alien base would essentially give birth to the main alien footsoldiers, complete with t-shirt and laser rifle.  Incredibly disturbing.

Yes, I played this game as a young child, why do you ask?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 09, 2010, 09:39:45 pm »

Dark Reign...
Dark Storm...
Dark Stories...
Dark Rights.
Dark Rites

Actually I think it was Dark Reign...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:41:50 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 09, 2010, 09:40:35 pm »

EDIT:: DAMN SHITTY NETCAFE PCS!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 09, 2010, 10:11:02 pm »

the title had 'Dark' in it
Not Dark Reign; that one didn't have horrifying biological monstrosities (though it -was- very cool and complex).
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 10, 2010, 03:08:06 am »

No, not Dark Reign...  Although I have played DR, I remember the harvesters, the very nice graphical style, and some mission I could never beat.  I also remember some half-assed hacking trying to turn a jungle mission into a tundra environment.

Heh...  I'd originally just mentioned that game since it was the only thing I could think of off-hand that would actually give me an excuse to post in here about the drunk sandwich.  But now this confusion got me downright curious, so I started poking around on my own and, well...  I'll be darned if I didn't find it.

The game was Dark Colony, and I remember spending quite a large amount of time enjoying myself by just messing around with the alien units and seeing how they walked, sounded, that sort of thing.  Eventually the AI would just steamroll on in and wipe out my whole base because I was preoccupied with looking at my troops (this, unfortunately, seems to be my one resounding weakness when it comes to such games...).  At my young age (probably wasn't even ten yet, the game came out in 1997 and I was born in 1990.  Even then I was browsing around for game demos), I was repeatedly beaten back by the competitive nature of the game until I finally gave up in frustration.

Eventually, after several years had passed, I came back to it to muck around again.  A couple defeats later and I was forced to learn how to actually play the game just so I could curb-stomp the AI into a state where I could freely tool around with my units.

While it's a remarkably simplistic game, it does have an interesting setting and style.  And, again...  You get to see a giant blob of flesh pooping out little gray dudes with t-shirts and laser rifles.

EDIT:  Dammit, in the time it took me to type that up Olemars managed to find the dang old thing...  Well, congratulations Ole.  I was wondering if anyone would find it.

EDIT2:  Hell, we even linked to the same site as a reference.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2010, 06:57:31 am »

the title had 'Dark' in it
Not Dark Reign; that one didn't have horrifying biological monstrosities (though it -was- very cool and complex).
Heh I remember making my enemy go "wait where did that tree come fr... OH GODS ARTILLERY!" in that game.

Pakhawaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 10, 2010, 09:24:53 am »

This might be a little tricky since my memory is so vague. :(

I had a game when I was young where you played as a pink knight, he could jump and (I think) he had a little yellow sword, the goal was to get to the door without dying.
I can't remember what console this was for, and I've tried looking for the name of it but to no avail, I just called it "my computer". :(
The console consisted of a keyboard and a monitor, in the top right-hand side of the keyboard was a place to put your cassette game. It was able to display a few colours, but not many, all of my games had black backgrounds and objects in the game were always one colour.

Here's a bad picture of what I can recall (casse= =place where one would put the cassette). :S

edit: man it's making me nostalgic just looking at that picture, please help!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:28:00 am by Pakhawaj »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 10, 2010, 09:56:23 am »

Well, the "console", from what you're describing, sure sounds like a Spectrum, or one of its contemporaries.

Good luck finding a specific platformer game for that. There were metric giga-shit-tons of those on the speccy.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 204