Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376106 times)

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile

Some kind of Mortal Kombat clone, but with squirrels. Anyone ever see/play this, and remember the name?
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wish I did.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Some kind of Mortal Kombat clone, but with squirrels. Anyone ever see/play this, and remember the name?
"Brutal: Paws of Fury"?

mothra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok so it was for the amiga our c-64.fairly popular i think.had multiplayer of some sort.you were little robots and you drove around the map looking for something,maybe energy and other stuff.the map scrolled as you moved i think.around the time "fairy tale adventure" came out.can't remember much else except we played it alot.the maps were pretty for the time with grass and bushes and stuff.maybe your energy dropped as you moved around.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 06:34:39 pm by mothra »

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile

"Brutal: Paws of Fury"?
Close but no. :(

I remember that the characters were all squirrels, and I *believe* I played it on a mac...
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Long ago, around 1997 i played on my dads computer.. and there was this game on it.

The object of the game was that you had to take over better and better robots.. and to do it you had to do this small mini game were you had to try to gain access to there circuits.

you had multiple wires you were able to try to take over.. and there was different gates where your program could either go through to and take over the computer robot.. something could stop your program.. or the computer could stop you depending on the gate.

the first robot you get it like "001" and it went up higher and higher depending on the area you were at.

gah what was it called :(
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, im not sure how to describe this game but i have been searching for this game for AGES.
Hopefully someone has played it...
Its awsome.

Its a 2d game which is sort of a puzzle/shooter kinda...
Anyway, the main character you play as, is a robot (i think...) and he basically looks like, you know the kelly gang and their armour?
Which is this if you dont know.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anyway, you play as a guy in that and at the bottom of the tin armour suit there is a wheel...

Moving platforms are in the game, you can shoot, and other stuff...

ITs hard to explain when youve played the game YEARS ago and dont remember much about it...

There was moving platforms and all.
And i believe that the bullets you shot were effected by gravity and sloped down... rather a lot...

The levels had barely any ground to move on, and when you jumped up and down you made a squeeking sound.

The way of attacking was by two hand guns.

I can draw a picture of the title screen, but i just dont know the damned name!

Oh and also, in the tin can suit, you had eyes through that little slit in the head mask thing, but thats all you could see of the person, there was no other features other than the arms...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:18:29 pm by silhouette »
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was this game...you played by email. You had to email the thing how to program your robots...and they would fight.
It was a practice exercise in programming or something...it had something to do with King of the Hill. Grr can't remember.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile

Quinnr there are a crapton of those, though none i know of are play by email. However I have one on my computer called Robocode.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it helps, I know that you could program it to 'fire' using lots of projectory stuff, like the angle/direction of firing...

I'll look at Robocode though, thanks :)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile

Like I said there are a crapton of games like that. I've played at least 8 games that fit the description. The latest of which was Robocode.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Captain Alchatron

• Bay Watcher
  • The Elbow of Ragnaros
    • View Profile

I just (vaguely) remembered a game I once played the demo of.  You played a man who narrated the game as it went on and it had plenty of cutscenes.  It had a sci-fi setting - the only level I played was in an AT-AT or APC type thing trundling along in some sort of arctic waste.  The game was based on stealth and involved running up behind robots and putting EMPs on their backs.

Any takers?  ???
If you go up to someone and beat the hell out of them with thread, you not only defeat them, you shame them and their entire family for generations to come (providing that there are any survivors).
Various mouths were involved, and a soda can and a penny I think.

mothra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Long ago, around 1997 i played on my dads computer.. and there was this game on it.

The object of the game was that you had to take over better and better robots.. and to do it you had to do this small mini game were you had to try to gain access to there circuits.

you had multiple wires you were able to try to take over.. and there was different gates where your program could either go through to and take over the computer robot.. something could stop your program.. or the computer could stop you depending on the gate.

the first robot you get it like "001" and it went up higher and higher depending on the area you were at.

gah what was it called :(

paradroid, fun game

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile

I'm searching for a strategy game. It was a shareware one-hour limited gameplay just like games in popcap.
The setting was egypt (I believe, not sure). You developed cities, sent people to mines to develop technology (Yeah I know, weird)
And after a set of time there was an attack on your cities and you had to defend.
Also people were the resource. It's all I can remember. Please help
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 204