Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376018 times)

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2010, 03:06:11 pm »

Was it a PC game or a console game? I ask because there was a Wizardry spin-off for the PS2 who's description sort of sounds similar (town with labirynth below, guild system, multiple races) called Tale of the Forsaken Land.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2010, 03:35:33 pm »

Was it a PC game or a console game? I ask because there was a Wizardry spin-off for the PS2 who's description sort of sounds similar (town with labirynth below, guild system, multiple races) called Tale of the Forsaken Land.

it was for the PC, the creature models were very "primitive" like fractionally better than final fantasy 7

i guess it wasent really marketed at all. a shame because it was a really good game now that i look at it. pretty much a 3D nethack. i'm going to be going to the mall and looking through a few game stores but i wouldent hold my breath, it must have been a pretty old game
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2010, 08:44:39 pm »

okay, if the movement was square-to-square on a grid, then it almost certainly didnt have polygon monsters.  now were talking about something more in line with the early wizardry games, the gold-box games, or one of the Dungeon Master games.  there were also a ton of licensed D&D games using similar formats, but not the SSI Gold Box engine.

unfortuneatly, i think most of those are party based.

How about Dungeon Hack?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Hack

Its the first one i've come across that has randomly created dungeons (honestly, until now i had just assumed that you were mis-remembering that bit) and is billed as 3d version of Hack.  it uses AD&D rules, and has multiclassing.  But i havent been able to tell if it has a town.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2010, 10:37:02 pm »

okay, if the movement was square-to-square on a grid, then it almost certainly didnt have polygon monsters.  now were talking about something more in line with the early wizardry games, the gold-box games, or one of the Dungeon Master games.  there were also a ton of licensed D&D games using similar formats, but not the SSI Gold Box engine.

unfortuneatly, i think most of those are party based.

How about Dungeon Hack?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Hack

Its the first one i've come across that has randomly created dungeons (honestly, until now i had just assumed that you were mis-remembering that bit) and is billed as 3d version of Hack.  it uses AD&D rules, and has multiclassing.  But i havent been able to tell if it has a town.

i wont deny its possible i misremembered about the 3d creatures, i do recall them zipping off the screen really fast when they ran away, was annoying and kinda funny.

well I'm gonna look over at ign and see if i can find anything, after that I'm going to give up. my wife thinks i dreamed it up XD i remember this game though and it was really good if quirky.

it must of had its own engine because i haven't seen any game that used an engine like it.
it was probably not advertised and was probably never popular, otherwise we would have figured it out

maybe it wasn't retail then? but i remember finding out about it at an EB... but then maybe not? do any indie games fit my memory?

in any case, if i ever find it again, i'll come back and share it
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Igginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2010, 11:07:38 pm »

Ok i have one for you all......
If anyone finds this one i will love them FOREVER !!!!!!!!!!
I remember playing this game maybe between 6-8 years ago ut that is only a rough guess.

As i remember it it was a 3rd person view, fantasy-ish setting and you controlled a warrior possibly with a two handed sword, maybe more. It had multiplayer, at least 2 players against each other on a map with large cliffs etc. You could re sheath your weapon whenever you wanted. I also remember a very distinctive symbol on loading but cant remember what it was  :-\
I think the first level also was in like a dungeon or something and had like a evil warrior in plate mail in it.
PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE IM SURE IT EXISTS AND I LOVED IT

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2010, 02:20:07 am »

I'm going to assume that you're not talking about Rune.

Also;
...and you controlled a warrior possibly with a two handed sword, maybe more.

I'm pretty sure it stops at two.

Igginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2010, 05:49:18 am »

i dont know if thats it but it kinda looks similar....also i think i remember the symbol being something like this:

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2010, 07:53:17 am »

Closest thing I can think of is Severance: Blade of Darkness. One of the characters started off in a dungeon and another of the characters was a barbarian with a two-hander.

Otherwise, among third-person slashers I know, there's: Dungeon Lords, Enclave, Crusaders of Might and Magic and Heretic 2.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 19, 2010, 05:59:03 pm »

There was only one third person slasher, and that was Die By The Sword.  these other games you speak of are for little girls.

hmm... im not sure i ever got past the second monster in DBTS.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 19, 2010, 06:40:44 pm »

I was to vague for you?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Igginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2010, 03:29:23 am »

I think blade of darkness may be it....it looks very similar...but so does enclave lol
Anyone know if theyre available free?

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2010, 04:51:54 am »

I hope anyone can help me find this game

It is an older RTS you had to explore alien life forms on unknown planets and would get more ressource points for each life-form explored (you acctually had to capture or go up to the alien animal with a researcher, he would then bring the info to the right building when 100% researched and later on you would meet more dangerous aliens which you would have to buy soldiers for and you could also build buildings.

In the first mission you would only get a researcher to explore a life-form to get the first ressources to advance.

yeah, thats all i remember.
thanks to anyone trying to find it/help me  :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 04:55:26 am by bluephoenix »

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2010, 07:52:10 am »

I think blade of darkness may be it....it looks very similar...but so does enclave lol
Anyone know if theyre available free?
Well, they both had demos. Enclave demo. Severance demo. I recall seeing Severance on old-games.ru and Enclave is apparently being sold on Amazon.

I hope anyone can help me find this game

It is an older RTS you had to explore alien life forms on unknown planets and would get more ressource points for each life-form explored (you acctually had to capture or go up to the alien animal with a researcher, he would then bring the info to the right building when 100% researched and later on you would meet more dangerous aliens which you would have to buy soldiers for and you could also build buildings.

In the first mission you would only get a researcher to explore a life-form to get the first ressources to advance.
Not really sure about this, but maybe Gene Wars?

Igginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2010, 03:26:43 am »

You could be talking about impossible creatures but from that description thats my best idea.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2010, 06:07:16 am »

It was Gene wars thanks virtz.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 204