Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375959 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2010, 07:08:56 am »

I remember an old free/shareware game. You had a wizard who had a random selection of spells and could summon things. As you cast spells and summoned things, you became more good/evil. You have a failure rate at summoning some things, but the more good/evil you are, the more likely you are to be successful at summoning a really powerful good/evil creature.

Also, you could summon illusions that always succeed and fight like the real thing, but if the other wizard spends a turn casting True Sight on the illusion, it disappears.

I remember this game!  I do not remember the name, though.  I do remember that it was written in Java (when I played it).  Oh, and I think it was law/chaos, not good/evil.

Edit:  Holy crap, I just found it.  The name is "Chaos".  Wikipedia link.

OMG.. you found it!! Lol, I really didn't think anyone here knew it existed. I was actually thinking of another game that was a remake of this game, but that's the type of game I was looking for.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2010, 09:17:13 am »

I didn't really forget the name of the game, but I DID forget where the hell I downloaded it from. Master of Orion 2..... I downloaded it for free somewhere, and I can't find the link again....
Is it on Home of the Underdogs?
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2010, 10:26:46 am »

Oh, MOO2 is one of the best games. I used to play it online with friends.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2010, 04:15:26 am »

There was this game, one of the first ones i played, it was a port from PSOne to the PC, sometime in 2002, it was a shooter, you controled a ship and it was basicly flying trough levels killing everyrthing that moved, and there were boss figths.I remember the first and the last one, the first was a giant three headed robotic dog, and the last one was some sort of egg i guess.There were three ships to start with and three more were unlocked after completing the game.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2010, 05:47:34 pm »

I'm thinking of an old shareware game that use to be on Download.com (Or maybe download.net?) It was a kind of strategy game, where you could be all different types of races and religous types. I remember playing as a Troll Den Mother, Demonologists, Necromancers, normal everyday humans and the like.

That wouldn't be Conquest of Elyisum II, would it?  You can download the full version though, so it's not exactly shareware...

Oh god, it is it! You magnificent bastard!

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2010, 09:22:18 pm »

I can vaguely remember playing an RTS some time ago, where your main HQ building was a gigantic city, which was flying in the air above the map, all close up. (One of them was a giant pyramid shaped metallic shell, with a city inside it, as I recall.) You had to find a place for the city to touch down, and the shell opened up and you could see all the cool stuff inside. I remember you being able to bring up a giant forcefield over your city at the cost of energy, and something about being able to use nanites and stuff to terraform the earth.

I really, cannot for the life of me remember the name of this game, and I really want to play it again.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2010, 06:19:22 am »

I can vaguely remember playing an RTS some time ago, where your main HQ building was a gigantic city, which was flying in the air above the map, all close up. (One of them was a giant pyramid shaped metallic shell, with a city inside it, as I recall.) You had to find a place for the city to touch down, and the shell opened up and you could see all the cool stuff inside. I remember you being able to bring up a giant forcefield over your city at the cost of energy, and something about being able to use nanites and stuff to terraform the earth.

I really, cannot for the life of me remember the name of this game, and I really want to play it again.

Sounds like Perimeter

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2010, 12:27:34 pm »

The game I'm looking for was pretty old, it was a tile based top down game where you controlled this guy who shoots things.
 I remember that the game environment was quite destructible, almost every tile could be blown up, I remember alot of the tiles had fans, the game world was very metalic.
 I'm pretty sure the game was real time, if it wasn't though it was fast paced.
Finally, there was a upgrade screen where I think you could buy four different things, I remember only one of those which was a skull(crossbones? Can't remember) which when bought gave you a extra life.

I was incredibly young then, so I wasn't allowed to play it much and when I did play it I didn't get far.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2010, 01:33:34 am »

Alright, Bay12'ers! Can you beat this challenge?:

I remember this game, for the NES (it was on an emulator), that had vegtables..all the living things were vegetables. I think there was an evil vegtable you had to beat or something...anyways, you would type commands in or something, and talk to the other vegtables...and I can't remember anything else...so with my vague description, can anyone help me?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

A_Big_Bear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2010, 02:02:47 am »

I remember this game, for the NES (it was on an emulator), that had vegtables..all the living things were vegetables. I think there was an evil vegtable you had to beat or something...anyways, you would type commands in or something, and talk to the other vegtables...and I can't remember anything else...so with my vague description, can anyone help me?

Could it be Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2010, 01:30:12 pm »

I'm trying to remember the name of a FPS indie game that was supposed to be released last fall.  I know it was a sequel, but it was supposed to have some pretty revolutionary features. 

The game is set in a space, sci-fi setting and has 3 factions, one of which is a vicious alien race that can cover the walls in procedurally generated slime.  So in multiplayer, the factions fight for control of ship interiors.  I'm not sure, but I think the game was developed using the unreal engine.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2010, 01:34:47 pm »

Uhh, that wouldn't be Natural Selection 2, would it?

But unless they're hiding something, I'm pretty sure that NS2 will only have two sides.  And I know nothing about potential release dates.

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2010, 01:37:26 pm »

Uhh, that wouldn't be Natural Selection 2, would it?

But unless they're hiding something, I'm pretty sure that NS2 will only have two sides.  And I know nothing about potential release dates.

Yep, that's it, thanks.  I thought they had last sept/october set as the release date, nevermind.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2010, 03:25:53 am »

That would be it. Thank you.
Could it be Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2010, 03:53:44 am »

I think this memory is real but I could be wrong...

I remember an NES game where you were flying through space looking for planets to land on or space stations to visit (maybe to refuel?). In space you could blow stuff up (even the space stations I think) or get blown up by aliens.

I also think the game was from the cockpit of your ship as in FPS, I don't remember any graphics for your ship (not even a cockpit dash). I was quite awful at the game and ended up blowing up the friendly space stations thinking they were going to get me.

When you landed on a planet it had a little cut scene where it said what you found and then I think you just flew off back into space...

As far as I know it wasn't a Schump as the emphasis was more on exploration I believe. I was like 6 at the time so I could have just been imagining a game like that or got the memories from a cartoon.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 204