Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375656 times)

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

No, it's not One Must Fall. 3D enviroment, like... the fight was in a large cube shaped room and you could move around freely. The graphics were all 3D as opposed to sprites. Thanks though, One Must Fall 2097 has great music.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dislike not remembering the name of games, even if I have no intention of playing them again, so...

One more!

This time it's an arcade game. It was one of those with a built in seat like for racing, enclosed with a roof and walls. The game itself was a 3D fighting game where two players would chose from a selection of giant mechs to battle it out in a 3D enviroment.

I remember the mechs being more bulky like in Mechwarrior, and not sleek like Gundam. You could fly using jets and some mechs were able to shoot missiles. Possibly also lasers, machine guns and homing missiles.

That's really about all I remember, though I don't think there's that many fighting games that involve such elements.
You know, I think I played that once. It might have been called Mechwarrior, though I doubt it was an actual Mechwarrior game.

Then again, I remember just shooting the crap out of endless waves of lesser mechs, so it might have been a different game.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember the Mechwarrior centers, in fact I recently saw my old membership card.  It had multiple cockpits to fight pvp or teams and used pretty straightforward versions of the standard Mechwarrior mechs.  We played a little but not toooo much, the hourly rate was a bit stiff for poor starving students...

Sorry "Battletech centers" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BattleTech_Centers

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile

To whoever said the other game I searched for (around Jan) was Spellforce. I think it pretty darn is! The first though, so I guess I could satisfy myself with the 2nd which i've had for a while without playing :D

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, it's not One Must Fall. 3D enviroment, like... the fight was in a large cube shaped room and you could move around freely. The graphics were all 3D as opposed to sprites. Thanks though, One Must Fall 2097 has great music.
Is it tech romancer?
That game also had a dreamcast release

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

Ok, tricky one.

Old school DOS sidescroller shump, circa 1998, maybe a bit newer.
Only got to play the demo version.

Sci-fi theme.

Your ship was blue, the game had a complex ship shop/upgrade system which only was remotely showcased in the demo.
I recall one of the missions had big zeppelins fighting you with painted faces on them ala kirovs.
Another mission was above the sea and you had to blow up a huge radiotelescope antenna.
I think when you died the game made a huge circular white overlay explosion.

That is as far as my memory goes.

And no, I'm sure it wasn't Stargunner (which was awesome by itself :) )
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile

I know it was a fighting game, where instead of controlling their moves, you controlled their muscles.  Instead of real-time, you had turns where you moved individual muscles.  I think it's name was like "Tandorri Bash"? It was something like that...  Oh! I also know that it let you rip limbs off of your opponent if you tried hard enough. (You could also possibly kick their head off!)
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I know it was a fighting game, where instead of controlling their moves, you controlled their muscles.  Instead of real-time, you had turns where you moved individual muscles.  I think it's name was like "Tandorri Bash"? It was something like that...  Oh! I also know that it let you rip limbs off of your opponent if you tried hard enough. (You could also possibly kick their head off!)
Toribash?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile

Toribash?
YES! Thank you!
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1000 on: August 23, 2012, 12:03:25 am »

I dislike not remembering the name of games, even if I have no intention of playing them again, so...

One more!

This time it's an arcade game. It was one of those with a built in seat like for racing, enclosed with a roof and walls. The game itself was a 3D fighting game where two players would chose from a selection of giant mechs to battle it out in a 3D enviroment.

I remember the mechs being more bulky like in Mechwarrior, and not sleek like Gundam. You could fly using jets and some mechs were able to shoot missiles. Possibly also lasers, machine guns and homing missiles.

That's really about all I remember, though I don't think there's that many fighting games that involve such elements.
The only arcade like that that I can remember is Cyber Troopers: Virtual-On.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 23, 2012, 02:21:16 am »

Hm, thank you all. I really can't tell which, if any, of those suggestions are the game I'm thinking of. I remember so little of it.
That pod system from Battletech looks really neat. I wish they still had arcades around, they were great for parties and get togethers.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 10, 2012, 09:13:33 pm »

It was a forum based game where you pick a country (They made you mail a GM with a list of like 5 countries and your reasoning) and then you sent in posts to the GMs basically describing what you wanted your country to do, moar details the better, and they'd decide if it worked. Was a super detailed game, forum had a big wiki type thing in a tab at the top, a unit list at the top so you could see all the weapons etc you could buy or build depending on what country you are, had a model UN within the forum... They're also sticklers for realism.

I stopped playing because I was Morocco and got pissed when they decided that it wasn't allowable for me to try and aid the Taliban (It was a sting operation/assassination mission, okay?) so I stopped playing. Now I miss it. Much thanks to anyone who remembers it.

EDIT: Superpower: Classic. >.< Easy to find once you search "Nation sim"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:47:05 pm by Talfryn »

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 11, 2012, 10:23:16 pm »

Old game. Likely DOS but I make no promises.
graphics in the Atari 2600 Adventure realm but probably a little more advanced.
You went around dodging what I oddly remember to be big caterpillars; I believe you could hit levers to open door/gate things in a puzzley sort of way.
I believe there was a level editor too.
That is all I got...

UPDATE: Very possibly same era as Gertrude's Secrets... but not that. Maybe like a kid, running around a castle fleeing from caterpillars solving puzzles.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:33:01 pm by Goron »

jockmo42

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 14, 2012, 11:16:54 pm »

Was a game I saw on these forums in one of the Other Games threads. Was a roguelike (I think) and you were some robot that had to get through a futuristic city while ripping components out of your enemies and using them to upgrade yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 204