Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375817 times)

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2009, 12:27:42 pm »

The thing I'm looking for is not looking for a game per-se it was an utility that allowed you to connect to other users to play pnp rpgs over the net. You had options to share character sheets, rulebooks, tilesets and so on.
I haven't personally ever used one, but there's a list of Virtual Tabletops here.

MeisterJoe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2009, 12:41:40 pm »

thank you for your swiftness, open-rpg was the one i was looking for.

Kayla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was, a while back, a link on these forums to an italian or french game. The game was about politics, internal affairs and wars, all that fun stuff. But the only notable thing I can really remember was that it was exuberantly expensive, somewhere in the 200$ range.

Any help? Danke!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

There was, a while back, a link on these forums to an italian or french game. The game was about politics, internal affairs and wars, all that fun stuff.
do you remember the setting? (like renaissance, WWII, or fantasy)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kayla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Current, Modern. It seemed as if the gameplay was, you're the president of the united states, or X country. You have to deal with internal affairs, like healthcare, and making sure everyone is pleased, as well as external affairs. Wars and the like.

But the only two real things I remember was that it was french/italian developer, or maybe german. And that it was very expensive.

- Kayla

Edit: Found it. It was called Geo-Political Simulator, and now Commander-In-Chief.

Double Edit: It might not have been it, with the way it's current pricing is. Or maybe I was crazy back then.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 05:48:35 am by Kayla »

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: Found it. It was called Geo-Political Simulator, and now Commander-In-Chief.

Double Edit: It might not have been it, with the way it's current pricing is. Or maybe I was crazy back then.
Well, there's also the Supreme Ruler and SuperPower series. They're all sort of similar.

smeej

• Bay Watcher
  • The last thing you remember...
    • View Profile

There was this wizard game on SNES (possibly Genesis, but I'm almost certain it was SNES). It was isometric and had gore, I swear it did! You'd engage the enemies on the isometric game area, but the combat would move to a first person turn based RPG affair, and upon killing the enemy their corpse would match their method of dispatch (a pile of ashes if burned to death, etc).

I can't really describe it well because I barely remember. The first room is small and has a book on a table and a giant worm comes out of a hole and kills you at some point.
IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was this wizard game on SNES (possibly Genesis, but I'm almost certain it was SNES). It was isometric and had gore, I swear it did! You'd engage the enemies on the isometric game area, but the combat would move to a first person turn based RPG affair, and upon killing the enemy their corpse would match their method of dispatch (a pile of ashes if burned to death, etc).

I can't really describe it well because I barely remember. The first room is small and has a book on a table and a giant worm comes out of a hole and kills you at some point.

That sounds rather like Rings of Power for the Genesis.  ...except for the first person thing.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:07:21 am by Malicus »

smeej

• Bay Watcher
  • The last thing you remember...
    • View Profile

That's not it, but I managed to never even hear about Rings of Power before and am now playing it. I'm digging it!
IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile

I'm thinking of an old shareware game that use to be on Download.com (Or maybe download.net?) It was a kind of strategy game, where you could be all different types of races and religous types. I remember playing as a Troll Den Mother, Demonologists, Necromancers, normal everyday humans and the like.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember this freeware game, it was a totally mindless giant-ass top-town battle with spaceships. The only buttons were to turn,and to stop shooting and moving since you fired and moved forward all the time if you didn't push that. You controlled one ship on your side. There were 4 sides, all different colors. Your ship was yellow. When your ship died, you took control of another ship on your side. The smaller ships were faster but fired less frequently and didn't take many shotss to die. The bigger ships had more health and fired fast but handled like shit. If one side got low on ships, more spawned until they ran out of ships. As a side did worse and as time went on, more of the bigger ships spawned, if I remember correctly.

For some reason, I remember a number 4 in the name, although I could be wrong about that. I think I downloaded the game like 3 or 4 years ago or something thereabouts, maybe more, maybe less, but this one's been around for a few years. I would love to play it again, I remember having a lot of fun playing it when I was younger.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

I'm thinking of an old shareware game that use to be on Download.com (Or maybe download.net?) It was a kind of strategy game, where you could be all different types of races and religous types. I remember playing as a Troll Den Mother, Demonologists, Necromancers, normal everyday humans and the like.

That wouldn't be Conquest of Elyisum II, would it?  You can download the full version though, so it's not exactly shareware...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

So yeah, though I know this is very vague. I remember this game way back, like at least 7 years. It was futuristic or something and there were pod cars on tracks, and police cars on tracks, or something. I think it took place in a city. I'm not even sure if this game exists or if I dreamed it up, heck I'm not even sure what you do, anyone can find it that would be great.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So yeah, though I know this is very vague. I remember this game way back, like at least 7 years. It was futuristic or something and there were pod cars on tracks, and police cars on tracks, or something. I think it took place in a city. I'm not even sure if this game exists or if I dreamed it up, heck I'm not even sure what you do, anyone can find it that would be great.
Syndicate? Possibly Syndicate Wars? The cars were pod-like and they could only move along the streets there.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Yes! That looks like it! Thanks!  :D The first one that is.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 204