Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375967 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #690 on: November 16, 2011, 07:41:48 pm »

nope :(

I really want to find that game...

Maybe one of the Empire Earth games? Do you remember about how old the game would be?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 17, 2011, 04:34:31 am »

Alright! Here's one that's been bugging the -heck- out of me. It was a top down, -near- isometric looking game ((Sort of akin to Ultima Black Gate in that regard, but more cartoony graphics.)) You could aquire followers, whom actually followed you visably. Not any of this stacking nonsense to emerge when combat starts.

Combat itself was grid based AND turn-based and happened where you encountered enemies. There wasn't so much random battles as enemies spotting you. When a character's hp hit zero they fell to the ground ((occupying the square they were in)) and if not healed could die permenantly.

If I recall correctly alot of it took place in castle/dungeon settings, and had a bit of a dungeon crawl aspect to it. I've been looking for this PC game off and on for the better part of five years!

I saw this RPG -once- and didn't think to immediately write the title down, since I was like "This games the shit, course I'll remember this!" It also had a fairly robust magic and combat system.

HELP ME BAY 12 your my only hope!
Knights of the Chalice?

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 17, 2011, 04:50:15 am »

I...I think so...

Your sir, are a magic man.
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 17, 2011, 08:56:04 pm »

Re-reposting:

Reposting this:

OK, here's one:

In this game, you play as a paladin (though I'm not 100% sure the game actually calls you one).

The game is played from a sprite-based, mostly top-down (maybe cavalier) perspective. The game is played in real time, but combat is turn-based. Moving around feels quite a bit like Legend of Zelda, in how you move from area to area and how you move around enemies. The graphics are better than Zelda though.

When you run into an opponent the game pauses, a combat window opens on the right with pictures of the relevant enemies, and it enters a turned based combat mode where you basically take turns swinging at each other. If I recall correctly, you clicked on the picture of an enemy to attack it. Killing enemies will net you loot and XP, as per standard RPG fare.

I don't recall much of the plot, but I distinctly recall fighting blood bats, and I vaguely recall something about an ice lich.

You have a health bar, and some sort of "faith" bar that works like mana (getting depleted from casting spells). You can recharge it once per level by praying at a church in the starting town (Doing so opens a text prompt where you walk with God or some such).

You also can buy new weapons and shields. Like at the very beginning of the game, I remember it was best to spend all of your money to trade in your dagger for a sword.

I actually first played it on a windows 95 system. I might have gotten it from a cd of old games - so it might conceivably be a windows 3.x game, but for some reason I have always had the impression it was a DOS game.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 18, 2011, 01:06:40 pm »

I'm looking for a old PSX figter game where you fight against opponents 1v1 from a bird eye like perspective and if you pressed stuff like the 'o' button on the controller he did a move where stuff like rows of 'o's would shoot at the opponent and stuff. If anyone knows the name please tell me.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 18, 2011, 05:19:53 pm »

I'm looking for a old PSX figter game where you fight against opponents 1v1 from a bird eye like perspective and if you pressed stuff like the 'o' button on the controller he did a move where stuff like rows of 'o's would shoot at the opponent and stuff. If anyone knows the name please tell me.

Could you elaborate a little?  I'm not sure what a bird eye perspective means and a screenshot/mockup would help.  Also, it might be Destrega.

@Christes: Honestly dude, I think it's safe to assume nobody knows it by this point.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 18, 2011, 06:06:14 pm »

Sheesh, it was going to be the last time.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 18, 2011, 07:10:08 pm »

Prolly doesn't hurt to bump it every now and then as new blood enters the thread- it's not like he's bumping it every day/week.

Besides, it sounds awesome and now I want to know what it is :P

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 19, 2011, 07:22:54 am »

Hey guys just noticed this thread and thought maybe you could help me.

No idea when this game came out, but it was 3D and had pretty good graphics for it's time.  You start off as a prisoner, but then something happens and you're set free.  From there you're pretty much free to roam the world and do as you please.

The world was pretty big and had several cities.  There were a few factions you could join and do quests for.  The combat was real time and you could use magic and stuff. 

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 19, 2011, 07:27:22 am »

Oblivion?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: November 19, 2011, 07:32:56 am »

Gothic? Two Worlds 2? Morrowind?

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 19, 2011, 09:48:02 am »

Arena? (TES I)

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 19, 2011, 10:23:52 am »

Skyrim?  :P

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 19, 2011, 11:47:25 am »

Don't forget Daggerfall too.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 19, 2011, 12:08:43 pm »

Fools. No one knows what you're talking about unless you mention all those games belong to The Elder Scrolls (tm) series.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 204