Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376590 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2805 on: September 03, 2020, 01:04:56 pm »

Sounds like the "Fable" series, but i'm not sure. It did have a system where the way you fought and your morality affected your appearance.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: September 04, 2020, 04:21:18 pm »

Sounds like the "Fable" series, but i'm not sure. It did have a system where the way you fought and your morality affected your appearance.

No it absolutely wasn't. I feel like it wasn't well known, or just old. Every element changes your appearance in a different way, and different body parts would change into different elements depending on.... something I don't understnad.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: September 04, 2020, 04:37:45 pm »

No it absolutely wasn't. I feel like it wasn't well known, or just old. Every element changes your appearance in a different way, and different body parts would change into different elements depending on.... something I don't understnad.

I know this probably isnt it, but would you happen to be thinking of the KOTOR games?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: September 04, 2020, 04:51:35 pm »

I know this probably isnt it, but would you happen to be thinking of the KOTOR games?

Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic??? No.

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: September 04, 2020, 07:57:44 pm »

Sacrifice?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: September 05, 2020, 03:47:56 am »

No. No summoning and it was a behind the back camera. I did however enjoy remembering Sacrifice existed  :).

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: September 05, 2020, 09:25:21 am »

There was this FPS game I saw semi-recently - well, probably a few years ago - you know, one of those dime-a-dozen old-school brutal shooter-type-deals. Paying homage to the classic gore and gibs shooters as hammily as possible, you know that whole revival that's going on.   

This one, though, stood out because of the simply amazing trailer it had. Like a miniature period piece taking you back to the '90s (or late '80s) with brilliantly cheesy acting as it followed two brothers seated before this prehistoric beige shitbox of a computer, all hyped up to play this ultra hardcore newly released videogame, [NAME].   
Of course the older brother went first, and looked set to hog the game all to himself before he FUCKING EXPLODED FROM THE SHEER INTENSITY. Then little bro, horrified at his brother's fate, wiped bloody goop out of his eyes and bravely took up the gamepad himself.   
This cinematic tour-de-force ended with their mother coming in and giving an Oscar-worthy performance as she broke down in tears over the fate of both her sons, cut down in their prime by this sadistic, ultra-violent videogame of Satan.   

...And then she set her face in a expression of grim determination, set aside the bodies of her children, and picked up the controller.   
Never mind the actual gameplay (I'm sure it was derivative as fuck), that trailer itself blew me the hell away. Bravo, I probably screamed at the screen.   
Even if the game never got released - it did seem to be getting an unhealthy amount of hype for such a simplistic kinda game, and you gotta wonder how much of the budget was blown on the trailer even if it was clearly a labour of love - I just really, really want to watch that again.   

I was pretty sure it had a catchy, single-word title, like Prey or Ruins or something, and I could have sworn I wishlisted it on Steam, but none of the handful of one-word-title gore fests on my list appear to be it. They certainly don't have that magnificent trailer, or really a shred of this game's sheer style. :(   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: September 05, 2020, 09:27:24 am »

I have no idea, but damn I kind of want to watch that trailer myself :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: September 05, 2020, 09:34:56 am »

Wait, crap, I just found it myself. It was Strafe!   
Annoying, because I'd already seen that and checked to see if it was the one - but the game's been rereleased in a new edition at least once since its release three years ago and the trailer in question has been bumped to the back of a whole string of boring, more normal/sensible ones.   

It's still there, though, close enough to how I remembered it (I actually haven't re-watched it yet). Or, if it's more convenient, here it is on YT.   
I feel silly that it was actually one of the first games I looked at tonight, but oh well I'm just grateful to be reunited with this glorious trailer.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: September 09, 2020, 03:19:17 am »

So recently a game popped into my head, something I've played in elementary gotten from a classmate or something. PS2 era graphics (tho it was on PC, so maybe a port?) mech game of some sort. Can't remember if it was third or first person, or maybe both. I remember some sort of anime waifu being involved (she was the pilot maybe?)

I do remember the first two levels I think, in the first one you're in your big stompy robot fighting your way trough some desert/canyon thing and once you reach the big base at the end you're forced to get out and the next mission is most definitely a first person thing where you're going into the base with a machinegun or something.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: September 09, 2020, 06:06:31 am »

So recently a game popped into my head, something I've played in elementary gotten from a classmate or something. PS2 era graphics (tho it was on PC, so maybe a port?) mech game of some sort. Can't remember if it was third or first person, or maybe both. I remember some sort of anime waifu being involved (she was the pilot maybe?)

I do remember the first two levels I think, in the first one you're in your big stompy robot fighting your way trough some desert/canyon thing and once you reach the big base at the end you're forced to get out and the next mission is most definitely a first person thing where you're going into the base with a machinegun or something.

I don't remember the level designs, but the combo of in-mech and on-foot with PS2-era graphics but on PC sounds like it might be Shogo: Mobile Armor Division. I know it definitely targeted the anime market, which is another point, based on the description.

Also, you may wish to review your personal privacy policies if the general internet is supposed to glean useful information regarding chronology based on saying 'played in elementary'.  :P
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: September 09, 2020, 09:52:01 am »

Definitely sounds like Shogo, yeah. Transforming robot/tank action interspersed with on-foot missions.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: September 11, 2020, 05:11:54 am »

I think you guys are right on the money with this one. Thanks a bunch :D

Also, fairly sure there's more than enough info floating about the internet that anyone who put in a bit of effort could easily find that shit about me, if not more :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: September 12, 2020, 03:15:03 pm »

There was a game discussed on here a long time ago, but it'll be hard to search for it cause the terms would all be commonly used.

I never played it, but it was an AI takeover simulation where I think you started off on a single computer somewhere and could spread across the internet, trying to get stronger and smarter without being detected, and eventually take over the world.
Shoes...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: September 12, 2020, 04:12:27 pm »

Yee!  That's almost certainly Endgame: Singularity.  It's python, I think Pygame?
http://www.emhsoft.com/singularity/

...Oh hey, 1.00 released this July 4!  For a project started in 2005 (yes 15 years) I kept expecting further development - probably because Python's so accessible and the game seemed perfect for expanding.  Checking that out for sure!

(I would dispute that you "take over the world", but I guess I haven't played the full game yet!)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 04:15:05 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 204