Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376353 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, that's it exactly! Thanks!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Recently saw some youtube videos on the Forts game. That reminded me there was a very similiar game not so long ago, although far more post apocalyptic, where you were building bunkers and then shoot other bunkers to shit with all kinds of chemical and atomic weaponry, with artillery and you could even send blimps and rockets filled with soldiers to capture the enemy fortress...what was that game called again?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Cortex Command?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah it was exclusively about two forts shooting at each other. The story was basically that you are serving some Dictator put down a rebellion.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if it helps the game was called red line i believe...but i couldnt find anything with that.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No One?

The Game should have been released around 2014-2015.

It was pretty FTL like in that you could select which weapons fired where at the enemy fortress and that you could send the "crew" of your fortress around to repel boarders, do boarding or use the guns, fix damages and so on.

EDIT: i am stupid. You know what helped? entering the above (ftl-like) in youtube. THe Game was called Redcon.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:18:19 pm by Ghazkull »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Glad you found it!  I never heard of it, but the design kinda reminds me of a few Flash games I played on Kongregate.  Though with way more focus on the towers instead of spamming soldiers across the field.  Neat.

I really like "boarders" when done right, too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

A puzzle game from around 2000. You were making origami figures out of various triangle and trapezoid-shaped pieces.

The game played various Chinese folk tunes and was quite hard on higher levels because there was a timer and pieces were often very similar to each other. I remember the pieces being gold and the background having wood-ish feel to it.

EDIT: And no, it's nothing like Let's Fold or other such games released on mobiles and such.

EDITEDIT: Turns out if you Google hard enough, the answer will show up eventually. It's computer version of Tangram puzzle game, huh!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 12:19:09 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A couple weeks ago I was going to post about a star trek game I played on a Mac aeons ago, before os x was a thing, but after doing the math to figure out what year it was and then looking up what mac oses had been out then, I found it by searching for star trek and that specific mac os.

(It was called Rescue!)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

This is something I suspect is very obscure, maybe it's even just some stupid memory I don't really have but. I have this old game that's been in my memory off and on for years and years, I remember playing it a bit on some shareware cd.

I think it was like, a 3d crossword puzzle of some kind, with like wireframe 3d graphics in a grey void. It ran on windows 95 but it might of been even earlier, like 3.1. But it definitely still ran on 95. I also remember there were these solid colored circles you could interact with somehow? I think you either did puzzles to get into them or they were major parts of the puzzle? There was definitely some kinda cyberspace aesthetic going on because I vaugely remember something about data and corrupted data.

That's maybe not a lot to go on but this is something that's been confusing the hell out of me for a while, and I'd like an excuse for the thought to stop popping up.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it this?

That's what came up on a google search for "windows 95 3d crossword puzzle game".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LordArchibald

• Bay Watcher
  • Indie Game Developer
    • View Profile
    • IndieGameDev

Hey, let's see if anyone remembers/has it bookmarked still:

There was a game posted on here created by a forumgoer. Turn-based space strategy game, you play as the leader of the human empire and you need to guide it's growth and protect it from the xenos threats that lurk on all sides. You don't have full micromanagement controls, but can set planet priorities. Research side, most innovations lead to a new class of ship. On the military side, you command up to five fleets, which are divided into smaller squadrons. You can set what the size of the squadron should be by number of ships per class, and the AI manages building the ships, getting them to the squadrons, and keeping the squadrons (roughly) reinforced.

I've wanted to find the game back to see how it's going, but I haven't had any luck yet.
This?
http://www.silverlemurgames.com/stellarmonarch/
Used to be called 'Pocket space empire', iirc.
Also, here is the forum topic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150517.msg6208692#msg6208692
(BTW, thanks people for all the feedback you provided!)
Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown - classic RPG (topic)
Stellar Monarch - 4X, no micromanagement, turn based (topic)
Homepage: http://www.silverlemurgames.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SilverLemur

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Driving me crazy.
Its a PC game, newer.
2d RPG where you start off with two characters. Man and woman. It has an art style similiar to don't starve.
You have a boat, you go to different islands.
You gain titles etc based on how you play and those titles give you bonuses in combat. Please help me!

edit: for what its worth, I think it also had a short title and may have been an uncommon or made up word.
edit edit: I think there was also huge amounts of buffs and debuffs involved.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:59:55 pm by GMichelIV »
...And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it was overfall
...And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I'll be suprised if anyone can guess this. I have no idea what the game's name or what it looks like would be, though from the little I know it seems like it was an RPG.

Years ago I had a walkthrough magazine. I remember one entry in it was for a game that read as "go along the river until you reach a camp. Searching through the camp will get you the sword of chaos." I can't remember if that was the actual name of the weapon but I do remember that was broadly what it said. I think the magazine was around 2002. Any ideas?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 204