Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376010 times)

LukeRM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm looking for this browser-based game, I think it was about sea-going warlords/adventurers/etc. with 2 viking-style factions (that I remember at least). Each ship was divided into parts based on size. I remember one of the large ships in the first faction. It was called a lancer. You could add upgrades to each part for each object on it, so for example I could add iron plating to the upper deck of this section. You also assigned crew in units and one weapon for each crew unit. Slaves for example gave negative base defense but cost really little.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile

Sort of necro, but I JUST remembered a game that I REALLY REALLY want to play but can't remember the name. It was an RPG that started with a W. I can't really remember much except a epic cheat where you dropped a high priced item (commonly diamonds) and ended the game using taskmanager (you didn't lose your diamond). You then re-entered the server, picked up your diamond, and repeated. So many servers had seas of diamonds. In the game you could play 3? different classes and you could help other players if you wanted but you didn't have to.

EDIT: At least, I am almost sure it started with a W.

EDIT2: HOLY CRAP I FOUND IT! Name: Nox Creator: Westwood Studios
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 12:35:22 am by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

You know, if you just take one \ out of a "W", it sorta looks like an italic "N"...  Yeah, yeah that's it.

I also find it interesting that that's what you remember about Nox.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile

Well I was really, really young when I played it. What is more impressive, a spell caster, or a flood of diamonds across the entire map that covers characters heads?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

OK. I've got one I want to know:
Played it on the Apple IIe, but it could have been ported from who knows where. In the menu it was called "ringquest", but that turns up... not the right game. It was set in "The Mines of Moria"... but nothing by that name seems right.

Basically you wander around in "the mines of moria" which are a series of rooms, map view, which prompt you to do things in them, by bringing up menues, and showing silly ASCII drawings of the various denizens of the mines. I remember very clearly that you can get the ring, and piss off gollum. You may also have to face a balrog (which was a ridiculous drawing made mostly out of & symbols, I think). And it was where I first saw the word "unguent".

...did I mention there's a timer and after it counts down the whole shebang collapses? No?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile

Ring quest

I have found that it is made by Origin Systems, only for APL2, and a forum post much like yours, but with no positive answers. A description is here, but didn't find a free source, sorry.

Oh, you can buy it on ebay for 19.99 $.

Yes, I was bored ;)
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

Ring quest

I have found that it is made by Origin Systems, only for APL2, and a forum post much like yours, but with no positive answers. A description is here, but didn't find a free source, sorry.

Oh, you can buy it on ebay for 19.99 $.

Yes, I was bored ;)

Hmm.. interesting, and a good try, but that's not it. In mine, far as I remember, it all takes place underground and the graphics for each room are static - I'm not kidding when I say that they are made out of ASCII characters. Some creature or other had BB eyes. Or maybe it was eyebrows.

EDIT: Basically, those graphics are too good, believe it or not.
It was fairly complex for its time, but I'm beginning to despair, and think that it was made by some local kid, and stuck on a disk in a box of ported atari games.
Since most of the disks weren't on the up and up, most of them didn't get the names right. Defender was called "Stargate", there was a Pacman clone that played the Star wars cantina theme, and I can't even remember what Donkey Kong was called, but it wasn't Donkey Kong.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:26:43 pm by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was a game in a collection, but I can't remember either. The game put you in a topdown view of a bulldozer, and you had to push the boulders onto the targets. It played awesome sounds when you beat levels, I think. I can't help much with the collection the game was on, that was the only game I played. There were your classic chess and checkers and solitaire and all that. It was for Windows.

Ikaruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a game which is a mix between Ikaruga and Space Invaders whose name was Ika, i think but i'm not sure.
A scrolling shooter where you can only move left and right, and there are black and white squids falling and when one reaches the bottom of the screen you lose. Also, when you explode 3 of them of the same colour, you create an explosion which can create chain reactions.
I really loved this game but I can't find it anywhere anymore.

Can you help me find it please ?

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

What Romance of Three Kingdoms games for the Ps2 was a RPG/strategy? I remember walking around China as a freelance general my friend created taking part in debates and duels 
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well.. Here goes..
I don't remember much of it, but it's been bugging me for a while.

It was one of those 3D Fighting games, think Mortal Kombat, although.. It -may- have been 2D, like Street fighter, but the characters were certainly 3D.
It was almost definitely set in Japan, with Rose Petals and such, and I believe one of the Later Levels was on a UFO above Japan/Wherever asian.
There was a character, I believe he was dressed in red, and whenever he blocked an attack said something along the lines of "Not easy" or "I'm not easy" Something similar.. That's probably the bit I remember best about it..
And there was some girl.. That would use glowing Hula-Hoops [or something] as an attack, or a special attack..
I'm certain it was for a Playstation, either Early PS2 or late PS1..

Aaanyway, good luck trying to help me figure this out. :D
It's been annoying me it has.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What Romance of Three Kingdoms games for the Ps2 was a RPG/strategy? I remember walking around China as a freelance general my friend created taking part in debates and duels
Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII is the one I've got. The peasants loved me, but for some reason my ruler never lets me train my troops...

@Evilgrim: Power Stone...? The title character was dressed in red... Though it wasn't set in Japan.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hah! No, I still play Powestone 2, I'd never forget that game.
But thanks for reminding me to get Powerstone 1 again..

And thank you very much for trying. <3

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Akura,

It may in fact be 7, not sure if was it or 8 now that I have a base to look up, but I may buy one of the two again. Unfortunately I only have a ps3, but I think old ps2s work with some down loadable software.. thanks
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RotK 8 and 10 are both more rpg-ish. 7 and 9 were more focused on strategy. 10 definitely had the debating and dueling. 8 MIGHT have, but I haven't played it in a while.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 204