Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375955 times)

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2145 on: November 24, 2015, 07:34:37 am »

Whatever happened to that recent (last few months) rather controversial experimental/art first-person multiplayer game with a global limited life pool? I recall it involved shadowy monsters and a light orb or something, and it should be the kind of thing that shows up easily on a search, but isn't.

Sounds like the Flock http://vogelsap.com/theflock/
I have never played it and don't know the status.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: November 29, 2015, 08:44:51 pm »

It's a game that's a lot (a LOT) like a spiritual successor to Deus Ex but more shootery. That is to say, first person, mission based, "augmentations" (but probably called something else), plot revolving around a character in a military organisation and some conspiracy stuff...
I remember that the opening starts with you storming a compound, maybe something to do with the Chinese.

I can't even remember where I've seen/played it before.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: November 29, 2015, 09:01:21 pm »

Strife immediately comes to mind but you probably know what Strife is.

Maybe Alpha Protocol?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: November 29, 2015, 09:05:22 pm »

I do indeed know Strife, and it wasn't Alpha Protocol either. More recent than Strife and older (by quite a way) than AP. It might have been around the same time as Invisible War, actually. Maybe it was in development around the same time or as a direct sequel or something.

EDIT: Looked around stuff about IW, and the game I'm looking for is called Project Snowblind. It's totally a Deus Ex game though, more in the style of HR than of the first though.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 09:12:07 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: November 29, 2015, 09:06:56 pm »

Are you thinking of E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: November 30, 2015, 07:14:57 pm »

Sheeeeeeeit.  Remembered a game I never actually played personally, but that I watched my cousin playing back in the day.  As such, time period is mid-to-late nineties, possibly early 00's.  Third-person perspective and medieval-fantasy type setting, of sorts.  Console, either Dreamcast or Playstation.

I don't recall much of the game, but there were distinct horror elements.  If I remember correctly, the general theme was that there was this great magical plague that had affected the kingdom and transformed people into hideous mutated monsters.  There was a particular scene where the protagonist and... I think his daughter? Maybe? Some young person... Venture into a kind of refugee village of the infected.  They'd apparently retained enough humanity to not go ballistic at first sight.

There's a touching moment when Young Person A is gently offered a flower by Mutated Root-for-an-eye Infected Child, when suddenly some idiot in your care pulls a mandrake from the ground and the village finally does go ballistic (I seem to remember there being some link between the screaming roots and the disease, like the people were kind of half-vegetable and reacted poorly to the root's "pain"), leading to a big fight where you're surrounded by big mutie thugs.

I seem to also recall a later savefile where you're wandering around in a castle and there are more infected people wandering around, but these looked a bit more like the upper torsos of people crawling around and dragging along their long flat tails.  Slug-mermaids, basically.

It's really pissing me off that Google has been utterly useless thus far in finding a hint towards what the hell this game was.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: November 30, 2015, 08:04:30 pm »

MediEvil?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: November 30, 2015, 08:20:44 pm »

... well, alright. Here's one. Was shareware/freeware, found it online. TBS/fantasy PC game, circa mid-late 90s, early 00s. Probably developed in another language and translated, definitely developed by a smaller studio. Played much like the Disciples series (though I think disciples might not have existed, yet), iirc -- hero lead armies, fairly sure there your units upgraded along "trees", capturing towns and whatnot, and so on. Could choose from three starting classes, iirc, and the world was broadly low-fantasy, medieval europe inspired. Primarily filled your forces with melee, ranged, or priest-type units, largely stuck with few parties. Probably would have been considered a HoMM clone, heh, though artstyle and whatnot was around HoMM 3 levels.

Was reminded of it while watching folks play the much more recent Legends of Eisenwald; from what I can recall it was in a similar vein of things, just... y'know, a decade or two ago, and part of those hordes of largely forgettable knockoff games that lurked in the corners of the gaming world. It's definitely not one of the major names in the fantasy TBS/RPG realm -- not HoMM, not Disciples, not Etherlords, and so on. If by some strange conicidence, someone out there played it and actually remember what the zog it was, it'd be great to hear.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: November 30, 2015, 09:36:54 pm »

MediEvil?

Definitely not. I don't know what game he's talking about, but MediEvil was about your character having died, failed to gain entrance to Vahalla(or it's equivalent), and getting a second chance by killing the guy he was originally fighting against. I forget what the sequel was about, though.

@Kagus: was it an RPG, or Action-Adventure? Under Wikipedia's list of Dreamcast games for Action-Adventure, I found Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm. Probably not it. Unfortunately, the list of Playstation games does not sort by genre.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: November 30, 2015, 10:56:19 pm »

[snip]
... okay, I'm pretty sure I've found it. Discord Times seems to be was what I was looking for. Apparently Legend of Eisenwald reminded me of it because it was made by the same people.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: December 01, 2015, 02:46:31 am »

MediEvil?

Definitely not. I don't know what game he's talking about, but MediEvil was about your character having died, failed to gain entrance to Vahalla(or it's equivalent), and getting a second chance by killing the guy he was originally fighting against. I forget what the sequel was about, though.

@Kagus: was it an RPG, or Action-Adventure? Under Wikipedia's list of Dreamcast games for Action-Adventure, I found Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm. Probably not it. Unfortunately, the list of Playstation games does not sort by genre.

Yeah, no, I looked at both MediEvil and Draconus, wasn't those.  Some Japanese game, or at least with rather Japanese-inspired graphics.  I really don't recall whether it was RPG or A-A, but I'm fairly certain it was action-adventure...  Again, didn't play it myself, but from what I can remember it seemed like there wasn't much character customization.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: December 03, 2015, 08:24:55 am »

The title of a specific game is evading my thoughts. Thankfully, I have a very clear memory of what it is.

It is an adventure game from the early 90's. 2D with a graphical style similar to "The Adventures of Willy Beamish" or "Pepper's Adventures in Time". Closer to the latter as it had pixel graphics rather than the animated style of Willy Beamish.

The theme of the game was cartoony with slap stick humour. I think the game was of British origins, I'm pretty sure some of the voices were.
The one puzzle I remember in the game was you had to put a pair of roller skates on the feet of a sleeping old man, then wake him up so he stumbles off screen. Another area I remember was a guard next to a docks area. I remember watching a let's play and the guard having badly recorded dialogue with noticeable echo.

Edit: I should further clarify that the game was set in modern times. The first area was set in various locals around a town. A manor, manor garden, possibly a café. Something in my mind is telling me the plot ended up with you going onto a submarine and into a secret base near the end but I might be thinking of a different adventure game.

Edit 2: Found the title of the game. It's called "Bud Tucker in Double Trouble". Difficult to find because it's really not mentioned anywhere. Not on Wikipedia or adventure game lists. The graphics look nice but I think the game itself was lacking in areas. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:33:20 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: December 03, 2015, 09:03:32 am »

When I think of British voice actors and an early adventure game I think of that old Discworld game.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: December 16, 2015, 10:58:41 am »

A client based card-game, with various factions (thou I only really remember a water based one with frogs and a mayan/shamanic style). You played on a large grid that let you move units on it and could be changed - i.e. water guys could flood a burst4 area with water. Had a singleplayer part, too. Might not exist anymore, if I'm unlucky...

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: December 16, 2015, 07:43:06 pm »

Are there any game that are a realistic bird flight simulator, where you control the wings and the body of the bird? I don't mean like "tap A to flap wings" but something more like a Flight Simulator: Bird.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 204