Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375854 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2085 on: August 19, 2015, 05:41:59 pm »

No. Ziggurat is first person, not isometric. Forgot to mention that bit.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: August 19, 2015, 06:31:01 pm »

dungeons of dredmor? that's turn based though, not real time like Diablo

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: August 19, 2015, 11:24:41 pm »

New question: about a game that either was released recently or WILL be released recently.

- Is a dungeon crawler. Diablo-like. In theory

- Isometric gameplay.

- The game takes place in some kind of tomb of some ancient wizard king. It's called the Obelisk or the Ziggurath or somesuch.

- The final boss is some kind of lich (I think)

Do any of these ring a bell?

Hmm, the first dungeon area in "Divine Divinity" takes place in a tomb. That's an RPG with Diablo-like combat, but that's only the first dungeon. It also has overworld maps and multiple areas.

It does sound like Dungeons of Dredmor as TripJack suggested.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: August 20, 2015, 10:35:39 am »

... could it be Gauntlet? I think they've released a new one within the last year or three, and are maybe gearing up to shoot out another?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: August 24, 2015, 09:33:41 am »

I think it was either a Gamecube game or for PS1, but it was some cartoony horror game that takes place in a big-ass hotel after you get lost in the woods.
The Grim Reaper visits you in your dreams and tells you to go mess with the other guests for some reason, and (most) of the other guests are trying to kill you dead.
I remember that I think the first guest is some nurse-dinosaur, and that later on there's a board game minigame with JUDGEMEEEEEENT.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: August 24, 2015, 09:44:42 am »

Gregory Horror Show. PS2 game, apparently.

E: The google-fu hit was "horror game hotel grim reaper" sans quotes. Gamefaqs review about five hits in nails it to a T.
Ask not!
Ask!

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: August 24, 2015, 10:42:51 am »

Gregory Horror Show. PS2 game, apparently.

E: The google-fu hit was "horror game hotel grim reaper" sans quotes. Gamefaqs review about five hits in nails it to a T.
Thanks!

...and PS2?!  Damn, from what I remember I was tempted to say that it mighta been on the N64 or the Dreamcast.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: August 28, 2015, 10:41:42 am »

I'm having trouble remember a game from the SNES era. I can't remember the specifics of it... but I do remember roaming through a castle trying to obtain some sort of artifact or something that would "unfreeze" all my friends. The whole world was essentially frozen in time except for you and you're supposed to fix everything.

... I've been looking for it for the LONGEST time.

PS: Pretty sure it wasn't turn-based.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:51:51 am by xDarkz »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: August 28, 2015, 11:04:46 am »

... terranigma?
Ask not!
Ask!

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: August 28, 2015, 11:10:11 am »

... terranigma?

YES, YES, YES, Holy crap.

THANK YOU ~!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: August 28, 2015, 11:16:52 am »

Thank google's image results for "SNES friends frozen" sans quotes, heh. Have played terranigma before (great game, etc., etc.), but it's been quite a while and I didn't actually remember the bit with the frozen people. Still, glad to help :V
Ask not!
Ask!

maxseg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: August 30, 2015, 07:32:13 pm »

Hey guys, i'm new here and i found this site while searching for some old games i've been looking for... and i was hoping you guys could help me with this :D  and sorry for long post in advance :(

Since i was just a kid, i can't remember every feature of the games i'm looking for but i have hints... all of them for PC, anyways.
Sorry if the info i provide is in some ways blurry or misleading, that's because i didn't know how to english back then...

1.-
The first game i really want to find/know about was like a strategy game, i can't remember if it was per turn based or not...
The maps were kinda on abandoned cities, because it was like an invasion of some sort.
There were... at least 2 races/teams i can remember, but only because of colors. Blue and Red... and i remember seeing some Yellow. Anyways, most of the time i was playing Blue, and was fighting Red.
The unit i recall is an APC kind of unit, fast mobility, really fragile... there were some strong vehicle type units, too. There were some helicopters/hover crafts... damn this was so much time ago.
The map was like some kind of grid, and on some areas on the minimap there was a huge sigma symbol  Σ (white, i remember this because i didnt know what it meant, not even on spanish).
The bases..... blue and red base looked like floating buildings, this, of course, alien type. the game was like futuristic. If you have ever played World of Warcraft you could tell the bases looked like Naxxramas / Necropolis.
I remember you could like... use the units and bring them to combat.... which i can't remember at all. You could jump from unit to unit, a lot like Armored Fist tank swap mechanic. I can't remember winning the map/match/game either lolol

2.-
The second game i'd like to find isn't as important as the first one, because this one i played a demo only. So the information isn't as specific as the first one...
It was based on a planet, i can't remember if it was planet earth or not.
Anyways, you had to fly a vehicle that had 2 modes, ground mode and air mode.... and maybe water mode.
There were villagers on some parts, some kind of scientists on another parts.
These last were like developing some kind of proyect (white modern buildings), which you could shoot and blow up. If you did this... the water level on the planet would reduce, all the villagers/scientists would disappear/die and the atmosphere would turn a different color, which i can't remember (green, red, orange).
You had a bar that was like fuel or hit points... lol that's all i recall. i always used air mode to reach other zones as quickly as possible.

3.-
The third game i'm looking for is a space adventure game.
I only played this a few times because later a friend lent me Starcraft and i forgot about the space adventure game.
You had to first pick a symbol for your spaceship and then it was like free mode, so you could go to other planets and trade. I remember there was a cargo, yes. I remember i was bullied too lmao... probably because i pissed someone off. AH and the most important thing i remember is that you couldn't just go to the next quadrant (yes it was developed in a grid) because there were these big ass lasers that could blow up your ship (i assume the boundaries until you unlocked the next quadrant).

Sorry for long post again... but i really want to relive my childhood with these games and beat them. it's personal. the same happened with time commando, lode runner and knights and merchants :)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: August 30, 2015, 07:42:17 pm »

The first one was Urban Assault. The second sounds familiar, but I can't quite figure it out.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

maxseg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: August 30, 2015, 07:46:44 pm »

The first one was Urban Assault. The second sounds familiar, but I can't quite figure it out.

you are the best. i love you. you have no idea how much struggle i had with this game

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: August 30, 2015, 07:59:25 pm »

The third one sound like a lot of games in the same genre (elite-like) although the laser thing probably narrows it down. Do you remember the year when you were playing it? Also if it was first or third person?

The second one sound like it some sort of eco-terrorism simulator. I'll be looking forward to fining out what it actually was.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 204