Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375780 times)

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RTS game on the PC, which was advertised with massive battles. Post-2000.
Anyone have an idea?
That could be anything from Supreme Commander to any of the Total War series or AI wars or Homeworld or Sins of a Solar Empire. Do you have anything more to go on?
Supreme commander, thanks.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

A tactical multiplayer shooter that is, last I saw of it, still very much in development. The bit I saw of it was a map of a villa, and one of the more important mechanics was balance/stance, where getting shot or near an explosion would cause your balance to get worse, reducing aim and if it got bad enough you'd just straight up fall over and lose control for a bit.
Found it.
Intruder by Superboss Games.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile

GBA, maybe action-adventure a la Legend of Zelda? I remember the beginning or near-beginning having you walk north through really tall grass/flowers to a person next to a stone dragon head. Shortly after there was a maybe-unwinnable boss fight in a cave.

This would have been 10 or more years ago, now, and my memory of when I was five is not the greatest, so details may be inaccurate.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

That'd be Breath of Fire 2, which is a jrpg with a few minor action elements. SNES game originally, actually, just had a GBA re-release.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

I believe you are looking for this!
http://www.kongregate.com/games/IriySoft/road-of-fury-2

Finally a use for Kongregate's tag system  :P  "Upgrades" and "Cars"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This was a game where you fly around with a ring of colors, collecting colors. These colors change the beat that is generated. The beat also determines the environment you are in. You can go through rings to increase the tempo and there was also a way to change the type of instruments used. The entire game was about creating a beat/music and modifying it.

Found it, it was Alpha Muse.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:34:45 am by Micro102 »

Jimmitheking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi!
I'm looking for an old game that i played when i was a kid (between 2000-2007). It was probably a DOS game, but i can't be sure.
Anyway, it was a game where you hunted dinosaur in the wild. You would tranquilize them (i imagine) and later, when you were'nt hunting, you could visit a zoo where the dinosaurs you captured were. There was empty exhibits for dinosaurs you would hunt.
That's about all i remember. It's probably a quite old game, and i've been looking for it for years. Only now did i ever ask the internet about it.

Thanks.
"I’m waiting for “Sausage Factory Worker 2011: Conveyor Belt Controller Edition”"
That's soon to come, im sure of that!

Just Cause 2 is like if Spiderman joined Al'queda.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Hi!
I'm looking for an old game that i played when i was a kid (between 2000-2007). It was probably a DOS game
Trust me, it was not a DOS game (nothing of note was DOS-based this millennium). Take a look at this, though. Does it look similar?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Jimmitheking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi!
I'm looking for an old game that i played when i was a kid (between 2000-2007). It was probably a DOS game
Trust me, it was not a DOS game (nothing of note was DOS-based this millennium). Take a look at this, though. Does it look similar?

Yeah, i thought it'd be Carnivores. I want to be sure though, because it dosn't seem like you can make a zoo with your preys in this game...
And i want to know exactly the game i played!
Thanks though, still looks quite similar...
"I’m waiting for “Sausage Factory Worker 2011: Conveyor Belt Controller Edition”"
That's soon to come, im sure of that!

Just Cause 2 is like if Spiderman joined Al'queda.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile

Does anyone remember a browser game where you are in a space station, and nuking zombies from orbit to try and save some fraction of a cities population?

All the people and zombies are little colored squares moving around in a cityscape.  I managed to find some broken website which seemed to have something similar under 'zombie3' but I couldn't find anything that worked.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its a browser game where you are in a space station and are nuking zombies from orbit, to try to save some fraction of a cities population.

All the people and zombies are little colored squares moving around in a cityscape.  I managed to find some broken website which seemed to have something similar under 'zombie3' but I couldn't find anything that worked.
At last, my needlessly huge Steam library pays off!
It's Atom Zombie Smasher, and it's not a browser game.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First thing I thought of was Turok, but not only was that not DOS, it wasnt even PC and didn't have zoos either.  But man.. one of the first platform-specific blockbusters...

As for the space zombie bombing game, you are not in a space station.  You are in a missile control room in Argentina.  "Atom Zombie Smasher".

BEATEN TO IT!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:29:23 pm by puke »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was another one, and I think it wasn't a browser game either - the graphics were simple, city looked like a bunch of big blocks (buildings) with crowds of colored dots (people) moving through them.  You chose a set of abilities to use against the zombie attack, and then had to use them against some number of spawns.  I don't remember the name or where to find it, but wasn't it somehow connected to B12?

Edit:  Found it - Infection Control
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:51:52 pm by Draxis »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who would have thought that the "Strategically attack zombies from a remote location using a set of preselected abilities in order to facilitate the evacuation of civilians" was such a prolific genre?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile

There was another one, and I think it wasn't a browser game either - the graphics were simple, city looked like a bunch of big blocks (buildings) with crowds of colored dots (people) moving through them.  You chose a set of abilities to use against the zombie attack, and then had to use them against some number of spawns.  I don't remember the name or where to find it, but wasn't it somehow connected to B12?

Edit:  Found it - Infection Control

That looks exactly like it, in fact I may have heard of it via bay12.

Heck, maybe it wasn't browser based.  Anyways thanks guys, I have been wanting to play this for days.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 204