Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375463 times)

Fishymuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1440 on: September 28, 2013, 07:16:45 pm »

My memory is being fuzzy, so my details might not even be in the game, but here goes: It's a tabletop-RPG or story-game, where the queen leads her citizens, practically her entire country, down either a mine or a dungeon. They're basically meat shields for her to trigger traps and whatnot. The citizens might also be goblins, but I'm not sure about that. Also drills. Somewhere, somehow.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:28:10 pm by Fishymuffin »

aireoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: September 28, 2013, 10:43:55 pm »

This is bugging me. Top down 90's game (dos I believe).

Two player on the PC. You hired mercenaries (mage, ranger, warrior, cleric, knights and other) and upgraded them with gold. each had special abilities. Your team could be as large as you wanted, and you could switch between them, I also believe your team was always red.

Maps usually had hidden items that you needed to use specials to access (usually the mage's teleport).

There was a plot, but I can't remember it, first mission I believe you had to escape the enemy castle.

Sounds a bit like Gladiator. There's an open-source port called OpenGlad: http://snowstorm.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/site.cgi?page=openglad

Bingo! Nice find.
I don't post much, but the forums I'm even slightly active in I have a huge passion for.

In regards to DF, I've been playing for almost 8 years, since the earliest of editions, love this game.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: September 29, 2013, 12:44:16 am »

Okay I got a hard one that I am trying to remember. This was several years ago, I wanna say near or just after 2000. This was a browser based mmo space tycoon game (in fact i think tycoon was apart of it's name) where you could trade, battle, pirate, all the standard stuff for things nowadays. I cant recall any remarkable feature other than that from it.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #1443 on: September 29, 2013, 01:16:18 pm »

My memory is being fuzzy, so my details might not even be in the game, but here goes: It's a tabletop-RPG or story-game, where the queen leads her citizens, practically her entire country, down either a mine or a dungeon. They're basically meat shields for her to trigger traps and whatnot. The citizens might also be goblins, but I'm not sure about that. Also drills. Somewhere, somehow.

This sounds like a flash game on Kongregate. Was it a flash game? Definitely not an RPG though...
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: September 29, 2013, 02:45:49 pm »

A site where you could play interactive choose your own text adventures, but where, when reaching a dead end, yo ucould make up your own new choices and make new parts of the storyline. I forgot the name
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: September 29, 2013, 04:14:58 pm »

... sounds kinda' like anime addventure (which I'll refrain from linking, since its content often violates forum ToS), though I guess that's not quite the same. There's probably similar stuff out there.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Fishymuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: September 29, 2013, 06:54:46 pm »

This sounds like a flash game on Kongregate. Was it a flash game? Definitely not an RPG though...

It's not a flash game, it's more like dungeons and dragons, a pen & paper game. I remember it being fairly popular but now I can't find a trace of it.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: September 29, 2013, 11:56:18 pm »

... sounds kinda' like anime addventure (which I'll refrain from linking, since its content often violates forum ToS), though I guess that's not quite the same. There's probably similar stuff out there.

it was entirely text based at the time i was palying it, not anime oriented. It was very random due to tonnes of people playing it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: September 30, 2013, 12:41:03 am »

it was entirely text based at the time i was palying it, not anime oriented. It was very random due to tonnes of people playing it.
You were probably playing some kind of MUD.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: September 30, 2013, 12:48:14 am »

Nope, it was HTML, all of it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: September 30, 2013, 01:30:23 am »

Nope, it was HTML, all of it.
That doesn't preclude a MUD variant (especially since you're making up your own stories), but so far the only thing I found that fits the concept is Create Your Own Adventure, on EditThis: http://editthis.info/create_your_own_adventure/

It's likely not what you think, but it fits the general concept. Also, compulsory NSFW warning, as a number of the stories you can choose there are listed as "Adult".
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: October 03, 2013, 06:50:22 pm »

It was some kind of weird browser game, with rather clunky 3D graphics, I played back in 08 or around 08. You went through dungeons, it was some kinda MUD thing. A bunch of... Brazilian, I think, people played it, and when I think about the game, "Iron Maiden" as a publisher or creator or something rings a bell, and I think the site had some other game by them about plane fights?

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: October 05, 2013, 01:59:19 pm »

Sherwood perhaps?
Crack-a-lack-a

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 05, 2013, 03:22:36 pm »

Sherwood perhaps?

holy shit, that's it
thank you so much

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: October 07, 2013, 05:06:25 pm »

Some strategy game with 2 alien races invading earth at once, once of the recourses was water and water facilities changed the climate around them. Humans dried up the place, the organic aliens sprayed water everywhere, and the robotic aliens I have no idea because I only played the demo.
Crack-a-lack-a
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 204