Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf Manager  (Read 1770 times)

AvianAzure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Manager
« on: June 09, 2009, 10:49:31 pm »

I can't manage to get Dwarf Manager to work properly. I can open and run it just fine, however it won't load any of my DF files. I hit load from DF and nothing happens, I wait, nothing happens. I've done this with the most recent version, with DF running (also tried without it running). I've tried with running it in my DF directory and out of but still nothing happens. Any help?

Anamabir

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Manager
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 02:38:08 am »

You have to do it while DF is running, using the save you want to edit job assignments in.

AvianAzure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 02:45:14 am »

Like i said, I've done that and it still doesn't load anything

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:58:39 am »

Are you able to see the buttons? If not, then you probably need to increase your screen resolution. I had the same problem on my laptop and had to increase the screen resolution in order for it to work properly.

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 08:31:44 am »

bear in mind that dwarf manager will only work with certain versions of dwarf fortress due to memory layouts, what version are you using?
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

AvianAzure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 12:12:33 am »

Honestly I can't remember but I'm using a tutorial and in it the guy is using the sam version and it works for him. And which buttons are you talking about? And My screen res is at max O_o;;

codewright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 03:20:16 am »

It doesn't matter where DM is located, so that shouldn't be a problem. You do have to have a game running, though, otherwise there is nothing DM can load. When you click on the "Load from DF" button, you should see something like "Connected to 1839 (DF version)" in the status bar on the bottom. Is that the case? If it is, DM was able to connect correctly and should (in theory) show the dwarfs. If not, it's not even able to connect.

What version of DF and DM are you using?

AvianAzure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 03:26:48 am »

It doesn't connect

DM: Newest Version
DF: v.0.28181.40d

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 05:33:57 am »

help us 0x517A5D! you are our only hope.

but yeah, one possible problem could be that you are using vista, which randomizes memory locations. have you tried using the inbuilt memory location tool, its got instructions on how to set up the arrays holding creature and profession data so that it can find the first slot.
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?

AvianAzure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 11:34:29 am »

where would i find said instructions?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 11:38:00 am »

I use Vista and Dwarf Manager works fine for me, no problems connecting or anything. I'm using 0.7 which works wuth the latest version.

The initial problems I had were just related to it not resizing itself to the screen size I wanted.

AvianAzure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 12:49:23 am »

I think i found the instructions but i have NO idea how to pull them off O_o;;

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 02:57:29 am »

it should be something like start a new fortress, and give your dwarves specific skills, like novice woodcutter or something

goto tools-> determine memory layout

the text there tells you what to do and how to do it, once you have then just click run and it SHOULD find the locations it needs

SHOULD

AvianAzure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 03:00:32 am »

it also said something about certain words needing to be the certain word in the library O_o;; how do i deal with that?

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 08:01:41 am »

hrmm, try ignoring that step, i think that step is just ensuring that no alterations have been made to the english-dwarf dictionary

which you havent, right?
Pages: [1] 2