Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Futurama  (Read 4630 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 11:42:22 am »

It's be against the forum TOS to link from here, but I can say to use google.

Ah, then I guess they arn't hosted by comedy central then?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 11:44:26 am »

not where I've been watching them.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 01:07:45 pm »

From what I heard (well, read on TVTropes), some content is different in the online versions. Like the third(?) episode, with the eyePhone.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 01:37:02 pm »

The new season has been really hit and miss for me.

Ep. 1 Decent, not great but it was a reintroduction so w/e

2/-3 Awful, almost made me give up on what was once my favorite show

4. Good, about on par with the original 5 seasons

5. Awful again

6. Amazing, felt like the old episodes were playing again

7. Not as good as 6 but really good.

Am watching 8 now

Edit: 8 Started off good (drunk Kiff  :D) got groan-worthy in the middle, then got better at the end.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 01:59:52 pm by Onlyhestands »
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 03:00:33 pm »

Which episode was number six?

EDIT: Yeah, episode 8 was one of the better ones this season. Nice to see Amy and Nibbler get some time in the spotlight.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2010, 03:01:34 pm »

The one where bender finds out he doesn't have a backup copy/becomes worried about his mortality. I mostly liked having it be Hermes-centric.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 03:03:09 pm »

The one where bender finds out he doesn't have a backup copy/becomes worried about his mortality. I mostly liked having it be Hermes-centric.

Oh, I didn't see that one!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2010, 08:30:58 pm »

Did I miss something in the dumb movies that exposed Nibbler's true identity or something?
In the original seasons, he was trying so hard to keep it a secret, so having him suddenly start talking to everyone and having them not act surprised was..  strange for me.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 08:49:40 pm »

Did I miss something in the dumb movies that exposed Nibbler's true identity or something?
In the original seasons, he was trying so hard to keep it a secret, so having him suddenly start talking to everyone and having them not act surprised was..  strange for me.

Yeah, in the first movie he had to reveal himself to stop the alien nudists (he failed) but he ended up forgetting to wipe everyone's memories. This was pointed out in the third movie. So then he just kind of said "screw it" and decided to let everybody remember that he's a superbeing.

And the movies have the same problem of all Futurama episodes of being bad when you first see them, and improving when you see them again.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 09:03:20 pm »

The first and last movies were pretty good imo. The second movie had some decent parts, and the third movies was just awful.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2010, 09:06:13 pm »

Good news everyone!

I have invented a device that causes you to read this in my voice!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2010, 09:07:10 pm »

The first and last movies were pretty good imo. The second movie had some decent parts, and the third movies was just awful.

I didn't realize there were movies.
Good news everyone!

I have invented a device that causes you to read this in my voice!

I totally read that in his voice. Crazily enough, I only just found out that Farnsworth, Fry, and Brannigan all are the same actor.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2010, 10:00:55 pm »

First and fourth were great, second was good too. Third was the weakest out of all of them, but it's definitely Futurama quality and better than most animated movies.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2010, 10:04:09 pm »

First and fourth were great, second was good too. Third was the weakest out of all of them, but it's definitely Futurama quality and better than most animated movies.

Yeah but in Animated movie's defense... most are either trying to make cheap copies of disney movies or they are cheap disney movies.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2010, 01:48:12 pm »

In Disney's defense, the movies they put in theatres have budgets of

$28 million

$40 million

$70 million

and

$105 million.

The cheapness only comes out during the direct-to-video sequels they sometimes churn out.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5