Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So who do your dwarves worship?  (Read 1551 times)

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
So who do your dwarves worship?
« on: June 09, 2009, 04:34:33 am »

I found it rather interesting that when i was scrolling through the various gods dwarves have i found this one

Lar Thatthilligen Zizcunkizbiz : Lar Autumnalmirthful the Reticent Deer
Lar often takes the form of a male jaguar, and is associated with animals, plants, song, revelry and happiness...

post your interesting pantheon of the dwarf world.
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: So who do your dwarves worship?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 04:36:54 am »

I have one from one of my old human forts.

I can't remember exactly what he was associated with, but it's something like this:
Zas the Free Lord often takes the form of a skeletal male human and is associated with death, festivals, music, and the sky.

I really wish I still had the gamelog info for that world.

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 04:40:15 am »

Tobul most often takes the form of a female FIREFLY and is associated with the sky and the wind.

I really like this name:
Thocit Searonslaught the Ignited Scratches of Bites.  That must be one badass deity.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 04:59:13 am »

Tobul most often takes the form of a female FIREFLY and is associated with the sky and the wind.

I really like this name:
Thocit Searonslaught the Ignited Scratches of Bites.  That must be one badass deity.
Thocit Searonslaught the Ignited Scratches of Bites most often takes the form of a male unicorn and is associated with flowers, rainbows, trees, and happiness.

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 05:22:46 am »

He's actually fittingly associated with just revenge.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 05:40:50 am »

Meh, mine's more ironic.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 11:32:17 am »

Mine mostly take the form of male and female dwarves. They run the gamut from fortresses, jewels ('Earth' style spheres are common), pregancy, the stars, and so on. I saw one who took the form of a male mountain goat and represented mountains, which is appropriate honestly.

BTW, I believe the one for pregancy was bieng worshipped by a male dwarf, I guess it's a fertility diety since one could say he was hoping for many children.

I don't take a look at the gods/goddesses my dwarves worship all that often (I often look at the ones my starting dwarves do).

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 08:45:59 pm »

One of my current dwarves (the leader/manager, at that) follows Rita, the appears-as-a-female-dwarf goddess of fortresses. Neat and succinct. ;D
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 09:21:09 pm »

Morul.

There's some mention of other gods, but seriously, it's Morul.

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 09:44:02 pm »

No luck on interesting Dwarven gods for me..... generic wealth, jewels, mountains and volcanoes, mineral etc...
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 09:54:10 pm »

I had a nice one, although not while playing as Dwarves (Was testing a custom Japanese race I put in, making sure their stuff was all working right).

Karusu most often takes the form of a rotting female nippon.  She is associated with music, blight, disease, death, and war.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 10:02:06 pm »

No luck on interesting Dwarven gods for me..... generic wealth, jewels, mountains and volcanoes, mineral etc...

Yea, most of them have to do with wealth, fortresses or Earth type things such as mountains and jewels. Most of the time they take the form of dwarves.

In my current game though, several dwarves (wierdly, they are all in the farmer category) who worship a goddess who represents jealousy. Somehow that brings to mind Lilith or something. Or maybe even aphrodite or somewhere in the fertility sphere.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 10:12:47 pm »

In my current fort:
Enshal Nökorbål, "Enshal the Dead Growths"
Enshal the Dead Growths is a deity of The Circumstantial Bodices. Enshal most often takes the form of a rotting male dwarf and is associated with death and rebirth.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 11:10:52 pm »

Doren Diamondmines
male dwarf, associated with mountains

Kikrost the Battle of Reigns
female dwarf, associated with war and fortresses

Cerol the Right of Minds
female dwarf, associated with generosity, charity, and writing

Asmel the West Trade of Treasures
female dwarf, associated with trade and wealth

Risen Coalmountains
male dwarf, associated with minerals and metals

Madush
female dwarf, associated with nature (an elf?)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:17:27 pm by jaybud4 »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 11:51:05 pm »

I have Sut, Sut most often takes the form of a female dwarf and is associated with suicide.

In fact, every single one of my 7 starting dwarves (new fort) worships some form of female dwarf god that is related to pain and justice

By Armok, I've given birth to a race of Hammerer worshipers.
Pages: [1] 2