Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moody Dwarves D:  (Read 1204 times)

pharoph

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Moody Dwarves D:
« on: June 09, 2009, 02:33:11 am »

Ive recently been spammed with Moody Dwares
Dwarvs that got there ways: 2
Dwarves that didnt get there ways because they saw cloth in the caravan that i didnt have yet and then commited an act of starvation or dehydration: 2
one rotted in the bedroom hallway while the other rotted in the so called
'grave yard'.
Now I have a secretive dwarf not dammanding anything,not taking any workshop, just locking himself up in his bedroom. Originally a tanner, i trained him in the art of planting and hes bloody good at it too. Ive built a tanner workshop to see if thats what he wanted but no. Ive also noticed that both my kitches had a '*CTRL*' by the tittle. I guessed that was meaning he wanted that workshop but he couldn't get it because someone else was using it. thats what i thought at first but he still is idling in my bedroom.
Any Ideas?

FrickenMoron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moody Dwarves D:
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 02:47:00 am »

He doesn't have the workshop he needs. Build him a leatherworks or something you don't already have.

edit:
also the kitchen thing means theyre cluttered and probably have lots of stuff lying around.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:50:44 am by FrickenMoron »

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 02:47:08 am »

build a craftsdwarf's workshop. And the cltr or whatever means it's cluttered, full of items. If there are a lot of items in a workshop work will be done slower. has nothing to do with moods. just build a craftsdwarf's workshop ASAP
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 02:50:33 am »

You need to understand more about moods. Both now and for the future of your fortress.

We could talk for paragraphs about it, offering info that may or may not be of interest to you, but instead skim the wiki on "moods".  Everything you need should be there.

pharoph

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 03:51:04 am »

Wel ive solved the the problem by building diffrent workshops and itturned out he needed a leathershop. problem solved quick and simple.

p.s. ive checked the wiki on moods more than 50 times now, and i still going back to it everyday. ive even printed out the crops chart :D

pharoph

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 04:16:53 am »

Well after that she produced a carp leather short skirt. plus she is now a legendary tanner + another flickering dwarf &.&  thats going off to the humans next time the come round...

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 04:47:32 am »

Tanners are rare - not particularly useful, but still.  :-\

Don't think you can sell artifacts - but be careful not to lose it (which includes losing a dwarf who might be wearing it!)

I'd make a vault, deep in your fortress, and lock it in there (stockpile set to "artifact" quality.)  You'll have other useless items that must be safeguarded later, and some that are actually valuable.