Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: Pirate Mafia 2, Night 3.  (Read 44004 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate Mafia 2, Day 3.
« Reply #300 on: June 22, 2009, 05:49:08 pm »

Hey AFD, does the conversion take place the moment the mutineers decide, or does it take place the night after?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 22, 2009, 06:39:44 pm »

Can he still block his own lynch as a mutineer? That would be really bad if he could. If he can't and is chosen to join the mutineers, can he block his own lynch today anyways?

Because if we lynch him, he probably won't be chosen to be mutineer'd. But if he can block his lynch as town but can't as scum, we should lynch him and he should block the lynch. However, if he can block his lynch as a mutineer, we should lynch him and he shouldn't block the lynch, if that makes any sense. In either case, I'll still vote ToonyMan.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 22, 2009, 07:00:17 pm »

This is the strangest thing I've ever seen in Mafia before.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 22, 2009, 07:15:49 pm »

Actually, now it's gamble time. Will the mutineers actually pick ToonyMan for joining the mutineers? If not, then ToonyMan should block his own lynch. However, if they do pick him and ToonyMan blocks his own lynch, the town gets screwed. It's in ToonyMan's interests to block his own lynch, obviously, but if he's not mutineer'd, him being lynched isn't that bad for town.

This game got really screwy. ToonyMan, tell everybody everything they need to know. Mostly, you should tell who the town's defenders should defend, but if you want any of the town's killers to kill, you prob wanna arrange it so no unwanted casualties get caught up.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 22, 2009, 07:24:17 pm »

I've given out all my info to the most reliable people so far.  Actually, if you were to look at it, the captain ain't too powerful after a while.  Most lynchs will lynch the right people, heh.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 23, 2009, 01:57:24 am »

Actually, now it's gamble time. Will the mutineers actually pick ToonyMan for joining the mutineers? If not, then ToonyMan should block his own lynch. However, if they do pick him and ToonyMan blocks his own lynch, the town gets screwed. It's in ToonyMan's interests to block his own lynch, obviously, but if he's not mutineer'd, him being lynched isn't that bad for town.
... we can't take those chances. By your logic, both us and the mutineers should flip a coin to decide. That gives us a 25% chance we save Toony. Woo. It also gives us a 25% chance we lose Toony. OH SHIT GUYS THIS IS BAD NEWS. We cannot let him fall into enemy hands. We can't take that chance in the slightest.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 23, 2009, 08:28:37 am »

... we can't take those chances. By your logic, both us and the mutineers should flip a coin to decide. That gives us a 25% chance we save Toony. Woo. It also gives us a 25% chance we lose Toony. OH SHIT GUYS THIS IS BAD NEWS. We cannot let him fall into enemy hands. We can't take that chance in the slightest.

Agreed. I'm just saying, the mutineers are not gonna pick ToonyMan to be made into a mutineer. We still need ToonyMan to die.

It feels strange that we're killing the captain of the ship to hinder the mutinee against the captain of the ship.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 23, 2009, 08:33:28 am »

We have to kill the Captain, and since we have to kill the Captain the mutineers are going to convert someone else. But we cannot take the chance of all the roles falling into the mutineers hands. So, we lose two town :(.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 23, 2009, 08:34:49 am »

It can't just be luck they targeted the cook.

Teferi

• Bay Watcher
  • Planeswalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 23, 2009, 09:57:12 am »

What, webadict found the cook and then told the mutineers?
I think it'd be better to just throw him in a pit.
By pit I mean "ledge designated as pit some 30 levels above the ground water magma" and that would,as they say be the end of that.
Unless a sword/axedwarf gets to 'em.. then it's rhesus pieces...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 23, 2009, 10:12:06 am »

Who knows?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 23, 2009, 10:22:13 am »

It can't just be luck they targeted the cook.
Yes it can. 15 live people - (3-4 mafia) - (2 people who they assume are guarded, you and inaluct) = 8 - 9 people. One in nine might happen. Unlucky, but it does happen.
Long Live United Forenia!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 23, 2009, 03:05:47 pm »

I can barely post. Check my sig.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #313 on: June 23, 2009, 03:28:15 pm »

Ok... I'm feeling a total time constraint... :-\ anyway... 

Toonyman must die and NOT stop his lynch in any case... because we can't let a mutineer captain around with all the knowledge...

I appreciate that he assembled a list of suspicious people... but it might help more if he actually explained any reason... gut or not so we can have some conversation before he is lynched and we actually might gain something from it...

Toony... Am I wrong or you just said that you sent your info to half the people in the game??? Are you insane?? If one is scum then all scum knows....

See ya later... hopefully I'll have more time soon.

Wish me luck with my project!

PS: Mr.Person is kinda acting weird with all his contradicting statements... he was the first to go for toonyman... even though he later said he didn't wanna... and then back again...  Check what meph wrote man....  The lynch will be decided BEFORE toony's lynch...  So we could've tried to save him in the last minute....  But now it's too late for any kind of gambyt, we just lost our captain.

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 23, 2009, 03:30:40 pm »

Don't worry I didn't give my info to everybody, hah.  That would be funny though.  *looks around uneasily*
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27