Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: APB (All Points Bulletin) The Cops and Robber MMO  (Read 23397 times)

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: APB (All Points Bulletin) The Cops and Robber MMO
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2010, 04:59:26 am »

No,no you don't need to buy RTW points at all. 20% tax alone is much better than fixed fee and 20% tax, say what you want :P. I still have a feeling we don't exactly understand each other, the big change it makes is that creators no longer will have to buy RTW points (no manufacturing fee, tax is subtracted from sales) and remember: social is free, so even if you won't make it one month there is nothing keeping you from trying.

Still its not enough to get me playing after beta ends, ongoing payments and games don't mix together well for me and I have hard time customizing stuff  :-\.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 05:04:10 am by janekk »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2010, 08:25:06 am »

No,no you don't need to buy RTW points at all. 20% tax alone is much better than fixed fee and 20% tax, say what you want :P. I still have a feeling we don't exactly understand each other, the big change it makes is that creators no longer will have to buy RTW points (no manufacturing fee, tax is subtracted from sales) and remember: social is free, so even if you won't make it one month there is nothing keeping you from trying.

Still its not enough to get me playing after beta ends, ongoing payments and games don't mix together well for me and I have hard time customizing stuff  :-\.

In other words, I will actually preorder this game now.

Despite a lot of it's problems, it is fun, and now there is a way to pay for the game without having to spend any more money.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2010, 01:39:52 pm »

Well, my issue is that the 20% tax, means about 17% of the player population would play for free. Without those taxes, 20% of the population would play for free. So yes, they're just milking cocks for money while the said money will go to them anyway. This means it's actually more expensive to -you- to support a free player through the market than saving the RTW points towards your next days purchase.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2010, 07:28:48 pm »

Well my issue is not exactly poor payment model (which is very poor, honestly monthly fee plus item shop  :-\) but game itself and release is so soon I don't think even half of my issues can be fixed in time. Stupid NDA  >:(. I can't exactly say what is my beef but this game can be really frustrating at times. I would take any polished fps over this any time.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2010, 07:44:21 pm »

Well, that was my market issue. The game itself has quite a few problems, but it's damn addictive and fun when everything is working right.

You can blame EA for the pushing.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2010, 08:08:38 pm »

Stupid NDA  >:(. I can't exactly say what is my beef but this game can be really frustrating at times. I would take any polished fps over this any time.
Same here, when does the NDA lift? At launch? Or never? Though I think they stop caring at launch either way.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2010, 10:41:49 am »

It's going to lift soon.

By the way, APBMonkey made a statement saying that they are releasing a patch fixing most everything, especially balance. I might have to get this game.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2010, 10:52:06 am »

It's going to lift soon.

By the way, APBMonkey made a statement saying that they are releasing a patch fixing most everything, especially balance. I might have to get this game.
I'll believe it when I see it  :P. Well I haven't played APB for a while, simply there are way more fun games out there. Lately I'm playing LoL and PvP experience is simply much, much better, there is much more skill involved and so much more diversity in gameplay. Plus it doesn't lag like hell.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2010, 12:30:53 pm »

Can I be an axe cop?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2010, 02:03:50 pm »

If the patch fixes everything, then I'm getting this, otherwise... Meh... It got so frustrating I stopped playing for the past few days.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2010, 03:02:07 pm »

If the patch fixes everything, then I'm getting this, otherwise... Meh... It got so frustrating I stopped playing for the past few days.

Same here. On the Beta forum it's split down the middle of fanboys and haters.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2010, 03:38:03 pm »

Same here. On the Beta forum it's split down the middle of fanboys and haters.
Sounds like this could be Tabula Rasa all over again.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2010, 02:26:58 pm »

Yeah, its expected to go down tomorrow
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2010, 03:30:59 pm »

A pity, it could have been great game. Always makes me wonder why the hell people are releasing unfinished games. You can't make money this way. Only bad rep and debts.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14