Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prototype Defences  (Read 698 times)

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
Prototype Defences
« on: June 08, 2009, 06:49:59 am »

here is my prototype defence setup for a 2D fotress, specifically 23a, so none of your fancy z-axis witchcraft here, bit excessive but i wanted to see what people thought of it:

the big rooms above and below the main road will be crammed with marksdwarves, as well as the gatehouse. ballistas at the big b's and plenty of ammo at the red stockpiles, doors not included as i want the entrance to allow traders inside, and i dont really need them thanks to the drawbridges. when the road drawbridges are up the enemy has to take an excessively circuitous route past ballistas and fortified barracks's (i missed drawing fortification lines for the top and bottom barracks so they can fire on the u bend sorry), followed by a death march through the main entrance, whilst being bombarded on all sides, if they should get to the gatehouse they will be weakened enough for me to let my axedwarves slaughter them.

central road is only included as an option, ill probably just keep the bridges down and use the side entrances for security, making sure to make connecting roads too

oh! and there will be tons of weapon traps wherever they can be placed as well.

opinions?
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: Prototype Defences
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 07:26:08 am »

It needs a z-axis.  ;D

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 12:24:39 pm »

Should work.  Good luck with it.

Z-AXIS RULES!

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 12:28:12 pm »

btw baxter... just get to the latest version and have some fun(double meaning :3)

But seriously. It's much more regular fun to work in 3 dimensions.
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 06:51:38 pm »

with this ver i get 2 rivers guaranteed, a chasm, and a lava pipe, as well as plenty of minerals and gems.

the world gen in the latest version just seems to constantly <EXPLETIVE BALEETED> me over time and time again.

with my design im also planning to introduce a lava flooding lever, so that i can choose whether i have lava in the channels around my base or water, or maybe even both for steam powered fun  ;D
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 12:38:02 am »

xD ok good luck
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.