Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Drama and flamewars  (Read 4789 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Drama and flamewars
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2009, 08:11:30 am »

Don't forget the.... frogs.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2009, 09:09:59 am »

Every step of heavy boots echoed long and hollow through the dark halls.  Modest in it's way, the Palace was still large enough for space and sound to be lost at it's far reaches.  Much else had been lost in it's recesses; acquaintances and alliances, thoughts and meaning.  The Palace's own meaning had faded, but was not yet lost.  Not to it's master, who walked again through it's dim and empty halls.

"Demons may be slain, but evil will lay forever.  But if evil may lay forever, can it not lay still for long?"

Past the great cogs and gears he walked.  Little but methodical motion they showed in life, but now they proved more methodical in the stillness of death.  Past the once busy Scriptoria he walked.  The many desks, abandoned unto nonexistence by their former charges, still groaned under stacks of correspondence and implication.  Every implorement, every word, their purpose long forgotten, their contents scarcely read at all.

"Actions derive from purpose, but action without purpose creates it's own.  Meaning gives purpose to thought, but purpose without thought creates it's own meaning.  To be is to crave meaning, but is it so craved as to justify action without purpose?"

On and deeper he walked, past the faded banners, past the tarnished emblems, past the penguin pelts and keronian badges and zombie skulls and bloodied tatters.  Past myriad dusty relics and accumulated bulk of existence.  Past meanings and purpose long bound or cast aside.

"Of course, that is the way of things.  And just as so, we stood against the tide, armor piecemeal, weapons lost.  Shoulders against as often aside, but the righteous and the destructive clearly known."

At last he reached the final chamber, every noise silenced, vaunted ceiling lost in darkness.  No art or mementos adorned this room, save the covered pedestal at it's center.

"After all nihilism was finally sealed, must we battle the same foe again in another land?"

With the cover removed, the chamber's purpose shown with a light that belied the oppressive dusk of the Palace.  A crown, arbitrarily gilded and bejeweled, befitting a figured of great power, truthfully greater power than that wielded by it's only bearer.

"After all this time, can the same desperation of purpose unleash the same evil it created and yet sealed in shame?"

With massive chin held in hand and thought, the bearer let the crown make it's weight known again.  Not familiar enough to justify it's gravity, but all too familiar to it's bearer again.

"After all this time, must we ride to battle once more?"
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2009, 12:05:12 pm »

The title promissed drama, and, Aqizzar, you've certainly delivered. It's dramatic. Are you guys going somewhere with this? :)
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2009, 12:49:54 pm »

The booted figure in a grey-white trenchcoat trudged through the swirling snow. Alone with his thoughts. Step. Step. Step. Step . . . Something had guided him to this place. What had guided the wanderer to this barren wasteland? What long-forgotten secrets did the chilling cold hide?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2009, 01:05:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*Beeep... beeep... beeep... click.*
Aqizzar turn the public radio frequency on, the hud shows a live feed of Armok in a finely furnished room, there is a lot of static, and when he speaks there is a fair bit of audio static to.

"A beautiful speech to accompany a beautiful piece of history, from before this world yet in all our minds a symbol of it and it's demise.
But as for your conclusion lets not be hasty, the war is not dead, never dead, but it is cold and still. waking it up before we are prepared would be rash.
Meaning, and the craving for it... cravings come in two kinds, hungers which can be satisfied, and greeds that will only be fuelled by trying to satisfy them. I do not know which kind the craving for meaning is, but I know mine is possibly the strongest.
This has always been a game, to some extent, a serious game from time to time, but still a game, as you found greater meaning in that other place, the Irl.
Yet I have found that land either barren or not in my taste, my heart lies within these realms of digits, for me, while it still is a game, it is much less so for the very reason I have little interests outside of games.
The power of VN was immense, and I think it still is, but like the sun it was chaotic, untamed, uncontrollable. It might be foolish, but I cant help but think of what that force would be if tamed. If Varius Nonsense got Toady One himself to rise and slay it, how unstoppable would not the power of Varius Sense be?
But I disgress, that is but a dream, perhaps a foolish one, maybe an engine fuelled by insanity can produce little but it's own fuel.
And while you are out, reclaiming relics and musing the cores of existence, I am sitting back here monologuing. It is an irony I did not know at the time that my icon in these events would be the undead, for what am i now but a ghost? I linger, a shadow of my former self, longing for a past that may not return, and hold back here by my buisnis unfinished...

Where is the wolf that was howling?
Where are the empires rising and falling?
Where is the assisin, tongue, dagger and pencil all sharp?
They have passed like the wind in the mountains, like bits in an archive, like yesterdays meme.
Yet I sit here, and I cannot forget.
"

*you can almost see a single tear rolling down the cheek, despite not having a cheek and all actual features being in shadow. before you can make sure the transmission cut of.*
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2009, 02:35:44 pm »

Am I looking for someone?

The figure stops for a moment in the featureless wasteland.

"Fenrir?"
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2009, 02:46:36 pm »

It was part of the reason.
Still a reason.  Without it, we may have just gotten through without losing VN.
I told you guys, yuri would get things locked, but no . . . no one listened.

The yuri was all softcore anyway.

But seriously, VN was going to get locked with or without the yuri and lolcats.
Things had already gone batshit insane, and it was getting worse every day.

Its like a huge party where stuff is getting broken, people are fighting, swearing, having sex, drinking.
And then one guy shoots off some fireworks right when the cops come.
Everyone is at fault, but that last guy gets all the blame.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2009, 03:00:21 pm »

The yuri was all softcore anyway.
What forum were you on?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2009, 03:12:52 pm »

This one.

The hardcore stuff is in New Various Nonsense.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2009, 10:30:56 pm »

Don't forget the.... frogs.

Deep down, I kinda miss the frogs.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2009, 10:45:54 pm »

The frogs weren't bad.  Just a little odd.  But then, who of us weren't?  I was running around as some sort of robot made purely from LEGOs.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2009, 10:46:17 pm »

The frogs weren't bad.  Just a little odd.  But then, who of us weren't?  I was running around as some sort of robot made purely from LEGOs.

and I never got to kill you...

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2009, 10:47:25 pm »

and I never got to kill you...
Wait, what?
Just so I remember

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2009, 10:55:13 pm »

I am not.
I just rides the BEARDED robot! All awe me! :P :P :P

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2009, 10:56:13 pm »

It's okay, I started a disco glacier.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5