Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: LoTR Mafia Ch.1: (Day 2)  (Read 25140 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LoTR Mafia: Round 1 Has Begun!
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2009, 11:22:35 am »

There are roleflips, right?

All role info is revealed on a player's death, yes.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2009, 04:35:13 pm »

Ok... I intended to catch up post by post but I'll have to forget about questioning & commenting on every single post... Time constraints.. And I wanna play this game...

General Setup Ideas:
I would bet 100 bucks that Solifuge implemented a whole drunken system in this game.

web should remember that we all were new once and he should be more lenient with newbs.

Web's claim is WEIRD.  Maybe he is scum and knows that he is going to be checked... because, let's face it... he always gets checked just in case :P

this post by Rooster is strange... I will keep it for close analysys later.

Solifuge talks too much... Mods SHOULDNT intervene in conversation unless strictly necessary...

Josh:  Conditioned votes suck... what if we all posted hammer vote? 

Let's just Vote a person or no lynch... let's not confuse everything unnecessarily

And for all the "experience players" who now advocate random votes... Check your first games here...

Yes!  In general you all no lynched the first days...  Don't scare new people away.
Quote from: Web
Maybe I'm Strider, maybe I'm Drunk, or maybe I'm just lying and am really holding on to some ring of destructive power. The point is that I don't want any rings given to me.
I don't like WIFOM web.  I REALLY don't.

Frelock... experienced players can be scum too... Trust your logic if it sounds good to you.

Kudos for trying to break the game Servant... I hope you're right...

Mr.Person: Your win-win explanations are not necessarily so...

Webadict didn't even hesitate... noted.

errol's thought process is pretty good... if Pandar is a nazgul he KNOWS errol is drunk... and he would be half cleared... pretending to be a drunken Sam...

Frelock's post is FUCKING suspicious!!!
Quote from: Frelock
We should at least check to see if there's another Frodo-Sam pair out there.  If there's not, then it's guaranteed that SC and Errol are the real thing.
Fishing for the real frodo eh?  SCUM

Vote Frelock

Yes!!! Caught up!  Amazing... now I'm heading back to paranormal world... :P

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2009, 04:43:19 pm »

Josh:  Conditioned votes suck... what if we all posted hammer vote? 

Don't take it up with me, I don't think I ever allowed them in my mafia.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2009, 04:59:37 pm »

Look, the reason this plan works is that I don't know if Errol is in fact Frodo. I don't know that I am actually Sam. Until we actually gain that information, there is no way Errol will trust me, and no way I'll trust Errol. We need information. Mafia is a game between the informed minority (scum) and the uninformed majority (everyone else). The more information we can gather, the more likely we are to defeat the scum.

We can't rely on the Nazgul to confirm, becuase Errol/SC may in fact be a Nazgul Agent. A Nazgul (usually) isn't going to sacrifice his own kind.

I am protecting Errol. If Errol is in fact Frodo, he'll stay alive. He will have that ring to protect him this night and possibly in future nights. On Day 2, Frodo can then ask people to private message them their roles to him, and then, using that information will attempt to form a town base of hobbits, using scum tells and comparing roleclaims. Frodo can decide to send those rings over to the town base of hobbits, once his ring "expires". Remember that Frodo has a 50% chance of being able to use his ring again, providing him with some immunity, and forcing the Nazgul to target people other than Frodo if they do not wish to waste a kill.

If I survive, and Errol is revealed to be a drunk, people would know either that I am a Nazgul Agent or a Drunk. I hope my behavior would show my Towniness. If I survive, and Errol is revealed to be a Nazgul Agent, I would be guarranted to be a confirmed Townie. We have a 75% chance that at the end of the day, we will have a confirmed Townie, and we need Confirmed Townies. The vote on Errol still stands.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2009, 05:01:09 pm »

Not a good idea really.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2009, 05:15:14 pm »

Servant... I wish it were that easy... But you could be scum pushing for his lynch to clear yourself and pretend to be drunken... I'd rather go with a third person than risk losing thanks to this gambyt...

Future note to mods... if this actually works and we form a town base with a cleared practically unkillable player... this will be a sign that the game is badly designed... Cleared players suck with free pming...  Every other townperson gets bored because they have nothing to do...

I understand your thought process Servant... and don't think it's specially scummy.  I still stand to my Frelock vote anyway...
Not a good idea really.
Why?  Stop acting like a newb man... you've had your share of mafia games... possibly more than me here... Start helping...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2009, 05:17:06 pm »

THE FRODO THING WITH ERROL. ITS EITHER HE ISNT AND DRUNK DIES OR NAZGUL KNOW WHO FRODO IS AND HAS A GOOD CHANCE OF KILLING HIM.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2009, 05:22:11 pm »

Well... that was hard to understand but I did my best...

Have you read what Servant said?  Frodo has a ring that can protect him...

Do you think scum want to find him anyway because they will know for sure who he is and that will give them the lead even though they cant kill him right away? 

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2009, 05:26:45 pm »

The ring doesnt always work IIRC.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2009, 06:01:16 pm »

The ring doesnt always work IIRC.
No, the ring always works, unless you're given away. With Frodo, he only has a 50% chance of being given away. You can recall correctly by reading the rules.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2009, 06:03:17 pm »

Well.

Sorry.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2009, 07:10:53 pm »

Frelock's post is FUCKING suspicious!!!
Quote from: Frelock
We should at least check to see if there's another Frodo-Sam pair out there.  If there's not, then it's guaranteed that SC and Errol are the real thing.

Vote Frelock

Sure, I'm suspicious for wanting to preserve whatever potential power roles we have, versus taking a worse-than-random shot at a possible Nazgul.  SC's brilliant for revealing his role, but I'm scum for asking people to do the same?  And how are you so sure that Errol isn't the real Frodo, hmm?  They don't even have to roleclaim in public; a simple PM to someone else they semi-trust (from the Sam, of course, not the Frodo) would do.  Personally, I think SC is suspicious for his claim.  I think he might be a nazgul trying to lynch a drunk hobbit, so there's less people to pass the ring off to.  I'm not sure enough about that to cast my vote for him, however.

But let's say SC isn't lying.  Sure, Frodo's got the ring, and he's got his 50% chance too.  So, three nights in, he's at a 12.5% chance of continuing to evade the Nazgul, while they attack a known power role, simultaneously keeping the town:scum ratio high, and us with only one power role who can actually investigate people (assuming they don't kill off Web tonight, since Sam will be gone).  Meanwhile, the spy keeps investigating people to turn up who is a hobbit and who isn't.  When Frodo's out of the picture, they start killing known hobbits until they get the ring.

The idea of forming a town base around a real Frodo isn't bad, but I don't believe it's worth the cost of losing a real Sam.  If you are a Sam, then do what townies do: try to stay alive and try to find the scum.  The only difference is that you have a partner whom you must "protect" every night.  If you can't trust him, fine; protect him anyways.  Keep your head down and your eyes open.  However, the cat's out of the bag now, and we'll see where this goes.

Spoiler: Note to Alex (click to show/hide)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2009, 07:11:46 pm »

errol's thought process is pretty good... if Pandar is a nazgul he KNOWS errol is drunk... and he would be half cleared... pretending to be a drunken Sam...

You mean Servant Corps?

Also, I would like to say, I'll definitely consider backing up Errol on the vote vs. Servant Corps. His logic is actually quite sound.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2009, 08:35:53 pm »

Frelock: Who said I'm sure or not about who is the real frodo?  I have no idea... Io only suspected Servant Corp's move.

If you contribute there's no problem... the problem is when you just lurk till the end to avoid being suspected but don't help town.

Pandar: Yes, I meant SC... I mixed up.

If I unvote Frelock, wich is unlikely right now, I will probably vote SC.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2009, 08:49:25 pm »

Frelock: Who said I'm sure or not about who is the real frodo?  I have no idea... Io only suspected Servant Corp's move.

This implies that you do not believe that SC and Errol are genuine.  I, on the other hand, take it as slightly off of a 50-50 chance.  All I asked for is confirmation that it is at least possible that they are drunks. 

If your idea is to form a town base around Frodo, it seems that you would want them to claim as well, because if Errol is lynched and flips drunk/nazgul, then you will automatically know the other two are genuine.  The Nazgul wouldn't make such a claim, as it would risk two of them, and the real pair could easily be told apart from the fake pair by lynching one of the Sams.

However, I don't support the course outlined above.  I think forming a known town base around the person whom the scum are looking for is a bad idea.  If we're going to do it anyways, though, it'd be a good idea to do it now.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15