Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: wierd children! must be the water.  (Read 2394 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
wierd children! must be the water.
« on: June 05, 2009, 07:01:56 pm »

I just had a ratman child come in a migrations! I am using the SM_Mod_Compilandium thing with all those nifty mods and all. any idea why because it did not come as a pet but as a migrant!
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
Re: wierd children! must be the water.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 07:13:06 pm »

Well they do have the can learn tag,
assumedly this has happened before with tamed animals with the can learn tag becoming a part of society.
usually it's caused from high elves trading tamed things to you that can't normally be tamed.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 07:19:13 pm »

I looked over the ratman data and that seems to be why it is a part of my people but that does not explain why it is coming in as an immigrant child!
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 07:24:37 pm »

Can it grow up and become a productive member of society?  If not, use it to test your death chamber.  If it can become a productive member of society, you absolutely must protect it with everything you have because you will probably never see this occurrence again.  ;)

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 07:35:57 pm »

I think I figured out what happened. in the dwarf civ I put in the thing that lets me get any pets available in the area instead of just the regular ones and the civ must have gotten some ratmen who became citizens and one of the children where shiped out to my fort! luckly my forts whole purpose is to collapse every thing to the bottom but it will survive! mark my word.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 08:18:47 pm »

Note to self: make sure to get this happening in my modded game.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Gothmog

• Bay Watcher
  • Demands item in bedroom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 08:27:19 pm »

"wierd children! must be the water"
"water"

So... your mountainhome forces children to drink water, huh?
Then it's just a mutation from booze-withdrawal or something, don't worry.  ;D

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 08:30:29 pm »

"wierd children! must be the water"
"water"

So... your mountainhome forces children to drink water, huh?
Then it's just a mutation from booze-withdrawal or something, don't worry.  ;D
you think us cruel but really they are oh so dehydrated after getting their required suntans!

Shima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 08:51:54 pm »

Clearly, the kid must have lost a finger or something and had to drink water for a few years while lazing about in bed, with NOONE trying to set him on fire to show the other kids.

Clearly, the problem is the Mountainhome has NO IDEA how to raise children!  If he's going to sit in bed and become a rat thanks to that disgusting water, then set him on fire, or better, flood the room with magma!  Then all the other kids will know better than to milk their hospitalization/vacation!

Oh Armok, the spice.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 09:35:56 pm »

Clearly, the kid must have lost a finger or something and had to drink water for a few years while lazing about in bed, with NOONE trying to set him on fire to show the other kids.

Clearly, the problem is the Mountainhome has NO IDEA how to raise children!  If he's going to sit in bed and become a rat thanks to that disgusting water, then set him on fire, or better, flood the room with magma!  Then all the other kids will know better than to milk their hospitalization/vacation!
oh no! we would never let our children be harmed. they just did not want to stay outside and get a good and proper suntan so we had to lock the door. duh!

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 09:39:23 pm »

You horrible person!  UV rays have been known to elongate a dwarf's ears, agitate his pituitary gland (Resulting in abnormal height), and disintegrate his beard!

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 09:58:49 pm »

You horrible person!  UV rays have been known to elongate a dwarf's ears, agitate his pituitary gland (Resulting in abnormal height), and disintegrate his beard!
You are completely wrong!!! the pituitary gland is from lack of alcohol.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 11:49:51 pm »

Lack of alcohol... from SOAKING HIM IN WATER!  We have proof, ladies and gentledwarves, these Dwarves are ELF SYMPATHIZERS!

Oh Armok, the spice.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 12:01:27 am »

Lack of alcohol... from SOAKING HIM IN WATER!  We have proof, ladies and gentledwarves, these Dwarves are ELF SYMPATHIZERS!
they would rather marry a rat and infact might have ;D

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 05:57:45 am »

The horrible thing is, elves are notrious wine addicts-have you ever checked what's in that caravan before you melt it?
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.
Pages: [1] 2