Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Queen is Dead.  (Read 1006 times)

Empathaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Queen is Dead.
« on: June 05, 2009, 12:19:21 am »

I did a search on this. A couple. It's a mundane question, but I'd like an answer.

Anyhow, I struck the HFS, and the Queen shows up as a peasant. I was not prepared. I carved out some fantastic quarters, and set to smoothing and engraving. Forgot to queue up some furnishings. I WAS NOT PREPARED. By the time the palace was complete, Her royal Highness was miserable. Even though I gave her masterwork glass statues, rose gold everthing, and a few artifacts. Ingrate. Long story short(ish), she goes berserk in the drink room, where (luckily enough) one of my crossbow squads was enjoying a noontide repast. And filled her full of steel bolts for her trouble.

So I killed the King. Er, Queen. WIll another be elected? No tantrums, she didn't make any friends. Does this affect anything in any way at all? I'm pretty sure that no other royalty will grace my presence, but I'd like to be sure before I redesignate the 3z royal goddamn complex I constructed to the fuckin' Hammerer.

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Queen is Dead.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 12:36:28 am »

Dunno about the a new ruler, but I would assign that room to my favorite of the original 7 dwarves.

Empathaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 12:52:20 am »

Dunno about the a new ruler, but I would assign that room to my favorite of the original 7 dwarves.

Yeah, That's what I did. I was really just wondering what happened if you killed our own Civ's leader in (semi)cold blood. My hardest working Miner now has a 13 room palatial manse all to himself.

Poor girl, though. She was a hard working Queen. Went berserk harvesting Plump Helmets, or something. I don't even know what, if any, jobs are allowed the ruler. I let her down. If only we could could form blocks out of crystallized tears, a monument could be made.

EDIT: As I typed this, I had a strange mood. The product, a raw adamatine MUG. Engraved with the Queen. A Tribute. No tears needed. Typically Dwarven. "Oh? QUEENS DEAD, THEN? WELL, FUCK, I MADE THIS LOVELY MUG! NOT ANOTHER ONE COMING, I HOPE? RUNNING PRECIOUS SHORT ON ADAMANTINE."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 12:56:02 am by Empathaur »

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 01:06:39 am »

Nah, civ rulers are a world gen thing, new ones will never get re-elected. :(

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 01:21:08 am »

Slightly off topic side thought...now that the royal is deceased, if a new fortress is started and meets the requirements for said royal, will it be impossible for that individual to arrive because they're deceased, or will the game generate a new one for the new fortress?

If not, apparently your act of high treason and regicide is going unpunished and will lead to the fall of the dwarven civilization.  Or not because the game doesn't care what happens after worldgen.

Empathaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 03:51:19 pm »

As an update, if anyone cares, After the monarch died, I started receiving a caravan from my civ again. I read that the caravan stops when the monarch comes, is that right? Anyway, the Dungeon Master is now safely installed in a massive palace, when he isn't busy smelting Adamantine.  ;)