Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [VERMINHUNTER] tag  (Read 2285 times)

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
[VERMINHUNTER] tag
« on: June 04, 2009, 08:39:20 pm »

any negative consequences to giving this tag to dogs, the only reason cats exist is due to this tag, so i thought why not just give the tag to dogs, i hate cats
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: [VERMINHUNTER] tag
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 08:41:31 pm »

[VERMINHUNTER] prevents animals from being adopted by your citizens via the animals screen.

It pretty much gives animals the choice to choose their own owners.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 08:46:22 pm »

i was under the impression that the tag allowed dogs to hunt and kill small lizards and the like, and that their adoption behaviour was decided elsewhere

im using version 23a btw, so anything in the latest version probably has no bearing on this

NEVERMIND

wikis have all the answers
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 10:21:13 am »

VERMINHUNTER causes the reverse adoption behavior. However, trained animals won't adopt dwarfs, so get those dogs into the kennel ASAP. The real question is if war cats will still hunt vermin.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 10:53:31 pm »

So, does that mean if one removes [verminhunter] from cats, they wouldn't adopt dwarves?

I can just see it now: trainable War Cats!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 11:44:52 pm »

So, does that mean if one removes [verminhunter] from cats, they wouldn't adopt dwarves?

I can just see it now: trainable War Cats!

Correct; War Giant Lions are better though :P

A haxy fix is to give Mules the [VERMINHUNTER] tag, as mules cannot breed.

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 01:15:07 am »

a word of warning. DONT give the tag to wild animals.

i originaly had some zoo mod animals with that, and after the horrible carnage i quickly removed it all.

wild animals with the tag will adopt your dwarves as soon as they see them, and will thus follow them around, but will still act hostile. they essentialy become hunterkillers targeting that dwarf at all costs.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 01:16:57 am »

i originaly had some zoo mod animals with that, and after the horrible carnage i quickly removed it all.

wild animals with the tag will adopt your dwarves as soon as they see them, and will thus follow them around, but will still act hostile. they essentialy become hunterkillers targeting that dwarf at all costs.

That... Sounds... AWESOME!

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 01:58:21 am »

Well...fishers are doomed...as if the carp aren't already attracted to them.  Hunters might have a run for their money, though.  Sounds like a fun challenge.  It'll give your military good training.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 01:59:38 am »

VERMINHUNTER causes the reverse adoption behavior. However, trained animals won't adopt dwarfs, so get those dogs into the kennel ASAP. The real question is if war cats will still hunt vermin.

I also thought this was true, but recently as part of my modding experience I found that trained animals will still adopt dwarves, it's just less obvious. War verminhunters still act like verminhunters and not like war animals, by the way.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 03:25:05 am »

That... Sounds... AWESOME!

I think I know what I'll be putting on the orcs and goblins for my next fortress...  :P

"We have come, puny drunken midget men, to adopt you! Pay no attention to our mighty orc axes!"

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 03:48:27 am »

You know what it also means right? If the dwarf kills the hunterkiller, he gets negative thoughts because a pet died.

BradB

• Bay Watcher
  • I hate this site, it keeps me from playing!
    • View Profile
    • An awesome gaming news ticker, woweee!
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 04:24:31 am »

So if I was to make a new dog say, a Terrier for example, how would I make it eat rats and lizards?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 05:47:17 am »

So if I was to make a new dog say, a Terrier for example, how would I make it eat rats and lizards?

Give it the VERMINHUNTER tag, unfortunately it will also adopt dwarves all by itself, but at the moment there's no way to get one without the other.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 07:03:46 am »

Epic.  Someone so needs to mod stalker creatures.
Pages: [1] 2