Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Hanging/Gallows  (Read 9048 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Hanging/Gallows
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2009, 10:52:46 pm »

Gallows would be awesome. Especially if you put it over a drop tower with a noose made of adamantine strands.
Urist cancels Haul: Too Injured
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 10:56:34 pm by Jack_Bread »

Petra

• Bay Watcher
  • Vortex of Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 10:12:01 pm »

Urist McTough, Duchess: Cancels Sleep. Torturing Peasant with spikes.

Appelgren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2009, 10:15:23 pm »

As something that would occur if you had a dwarf/goblin/noble etc. restrained by a rope around the neck and then removed the floor from under it by means of retractable bridge or something like that - yeah that should be possible. But I don't like it as part of the dwarven justice system. It seems very undwarven and the human/elven cultures need some unique aspects - not only for eventual elven/human/goblin fortress modes but for cultural diversity in dealing with your criminal adventurers as well.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2009, 10:18:59 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can already tie someone to a rope and drop them off of something.  It just won't kill them.

Also, one you probably can do if goblins in Dwarf mode can pick up weapons is the Aztec Xipe Totec ceremony for enemy warriors.  Tie them to the middle of your arena and give them a wooden shortsword, then have them fight two of your best warriors(Who are fully armed and armored)
Shoes...

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 11:10:49 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can already tie someone to a rope and drop them off of something.  It just won't kill them.
Which is precisely the problem.  We want that to be different.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

BradB

• Bay Watcher
  • I hate this site, it keeps me from playing!
    • View Profile
    • An awesome gaming news ticker, woweee!
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 01:48:43 am »

Too much fancy crap, not enough head exploding with warhammers.

Get to it.

Whiskey Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 02:03:43 am »

Two words:

Trip hammer

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2009, 06:22:25 am »

One thing I'd like to see is just an "Execution" justice applied.

Force the player to execute them however the player wants.

Be that dropping, drowning, magmaing, spike traps, dragon cage in the bed room, whatever interesting ways the player can come up with!

Failure to kill your dwarf will either let the Hammerer do it, or someone of some sort gets unhappy thoughts?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2009, 10:11:52 am »

Dwarves are like worms... They eat earth all day long and crap it out. Seeing as poop isn't going to be implemented, burying a dwarf is useless if it's slow... drop a mountain on the offender!

Or just go and drop him in magma... I say we strap 'em to a table and drip water on his forehead until he dies.
why does this only happen to my ledgendary miners??

Craftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2009, 01:36:01 am »

Failure to kill your dwarf will either let the Hammerer do it, or someone of some sort gets unhappy thoughts?
I think the hammerer should do it. The only people that should get unhappy thoughts should be the relatives.

Fetus4188

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 03:45:07 am »

Dwarves do not seem to me to be the type to prefer elaborate punishment methods.  The hammerer is good, for lethal sentences a beheading via battleaxe, and perhaps exile for nobles.  Torture is for humans.

Dwarves should, however, be able to hang dead goblins from the battlements as trophies; or put their heads on spikes.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 11:11:21 am »

Dwarves do not seem to me to be the type to prefer elaborate punishment methods.  The hammerer is good, for lethal sentences a beheading via battleaxe, and perhaps exile for nobles.  Torture is for humans.

Dwarves should, however, be able to hang dead goblins from the battlements as trophies; or put their heads on spikes.
preserve them and use their body parts for catapult ammo.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2009, 01:47:48 pm »

How about execution chamber with spike in the middle. Hapless dwarf has eyes gouged out and is impaled anus first on the spike and left to slide down because their own weight?
Just so you know... (Warning: May induce squick.)
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Petra

• Bay Watcher
  • Vortex of Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 02:32:33 pm »

NOt the same idea. I'm thinking thin adamantine spike going up the anus like so:

Warning: graphic

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 04:11:50 pm »

How about a Brazen bull?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazen_bull

Or a pendulum like in The Pit and the Pendulum?
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4